At what point does SHAME come into play with the Jones Family?

Zordon

Reaction score
At what point does a human being feel shame for being dead last in cap room, having to beg your vets for restructures/cuts on a yearly basis, possibly having to cut one of your all-time great players due to poor cap mgmt, and never having any signficant room to add quality FAs? I don't understand how this family can look themselves in the mirror every morning looking at the cap space for each team in the league and see teams who have twice our success also have twice the cap room we have. Do they feel no shame at all? This Demarcus Ware thing kinda rubs me the wrong way. I've been critical of him but it's sad that things have to come to this. What do you think Ware is thinking in that negotiationing room? "Why do I have to suffer to clean up YOUR mess?" Do you wonder if Jerry/Stephen ever feel any guilt/shame for having to constantly re-work and cut contracts just to get UNDER the cap? I understand every team does it but nobody desperately relies on it as much as we do.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's what will force a change, it's not about quit buying gear and tickets, it's about the people in the stadium, the press, and pundits form all levels of the nfl to begin ridiculing him, booing him, and generally making him the laughing stock.
That's what got Parcells here, nothing else, and it can work again, this season has all the makings of colossal cluster, and that's when it will begin.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
They are the unquestionable owners of one of the highest valued businesses in all the world, why would they feel shame? There are probably members of this forum that are more into the Cowboy football stuff than the Jones' are. It's a business, they want to be profitable and everything else is secondary.

"Ware's Contract" is such a minor thing in comparison to all the different spaces the franchise occupies.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
How can you stand in that stadium and think shame? Who has the best Pole Dancers in the NFL….

Seriously, its the Secret Sauce…its gives the Front Office special advantages that other NFL franchises just don't enjoy. Its like Shame-proof Sauce.

Little Jr

Reaction score
That's what will force a change, it's not about quit buying gear and tickets, it's about the people in the stadium, the press, and pundits form all levels of the nfl to begin ridiculing him, booing him, and generally making him the laughing stock.
That's what got Parcells here, nothing else, and it can work again, this season has all the makings of colossal cluster, and that's when it will begin.

they do that already. and bp got here cause he wanted a new stadium and they were having hard time selling tickets

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score

So very true. When I read the "so what, he is worth blah blah" I smh bc they are enabling him. Jerry's ego doesn't like to be tested in the media and why the DFW media caters/soft peddles this mess to the fans. If the media openly quoted football personnel on the topic (and the ugly truth), reiterating this honest information into the form of media questions that were to be asked at press conferences/interviews, we could start to hope for a real coach around here.

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
At what point does a human being feel shame for being dead last in cap room, having to beg your vets for restructures/cuts on a yearly basis, possibly having to cut one of your all-time great players due to poor cap mgmt, and never having any signficant room to add quality FAs? I don't understand how this family can look themselves in the mirror every morning looking at the cap space for each team in the league and see teams who have twice our success also have twice the cap room we have. Do they feel no shame at all? This Demarcus Ware thing kinda rubs me the wrong way. I've been critical of him but it's sad that things have to come to this. What do you think Ware is thinking in that negotiationing room? "Why do I have to suffer to clean up YOUR mess?" Do you wonder if Jerry/Stephen ever feel any guilt/shame for having to constantly re-work and cut contracts just to get UNDER the cap? I understand every team does it but nobody desperately relies on it as much as we do.

His ego is so large that he can't see the obvious. As long as he's making money he won't realize how he's ridden this franchise to be a laughing stock in the NFL. And he won't until the stands are empty.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
In my lifetime (i.e. since the 1950's), shame along with common sense has definitely been in decline.

Even considering that, I'm at a total loss of why the Jones' DNA lacks a shame gene....doesn't it go with pride and ego? When you are the owner of an organization that's laid eggs for years, shame should scream to lay low and make it successful again, THEN you can be a publicity hound.

BringBackThatOleTimeBoys

Reaction score
He'd led the franchise to financial success...
While that is significant, long-term it won't be sustainable if it continues to miss the playoffs.

I'd rather be the owner of a small-town franchise like the Saints as an elite team, than owner of the Cowboys with a .500 record....eventually the Saints will be in talk as "America's Team", and the Cowboys out of that discussion. Heck, the Cowboys were nobody - Dallas was a small market.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Well actually, boycotting his product is the only thing guaranteed to bring change while Jerry's alive.

But our fans are too proud of how big of a fan they are for that to happen.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
I think it is obvious now that the Jones family has no shame.

they have nothing to be ashamed about

they own the most lucrative team in the world, could never spend all the money they have, and do what none of us could in a million years, own and run a football team

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
IMO it is corporate dollars is what could steer Jerry a different direction. One of the reasons he hired Bill Parcels was to get excitement behind the new stadium. The big corporate dollars were not flowing through the doors during Campo's reign. The public perception of the team had to change to bring them back and Parcels helped with that.