At what point does SHAME come into play with the Jones Family?

Blackspider214

Reaction score
As long as they are the most popular team in the world and don't absolutely suck, there is none at all. The only time Jerry gave in was after 3 straight 5-11 years with Campo. It would have to take something like that to happen for any real changes.

In an interview, Jerry was asked was he disappointed or something to that degree. He said to look at the stadium he had and said how could he be disappointed or upset with something like that he could call his own. That sums it up right there. He's all about the splash and flash, not the actual meat and potatoes.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
As long as they are the most popular team in the world and don't absolutely suck, there is none at all. The only time Jerry gave in was after 3 straight 5-11 years with Campo. It would have to take something like that to happen for any real changes.

In an interview, Jerry was asked was he disappointed or something to that degree. He said to look at the stadium he had and said how could he be disappointed or upset with something like that he could call his own. That sums it up right there. He's all about the splash and flash, not the actual meat and potatoes.

Unfortunately, the three 8-8 seasons were just 5-11 disguised as 8-8.
The Houdini effect allows Jerry to .... Say, insist, spout off all the crap he does...

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the three 8-8 seasons were just 5-11 disguised as 8-8.
The Houdini effect allows Jerry to .... Say, insist, spout off all the crap he does...

I agree to a certain extent. In fact, some can argue in hindsight, 8-8 is worse than 5-11. You are stuck in mediocrity purgatory. You get a middle of the road draft pick. At least 5-11 can force changes along with a good draft pick. I feel the bottom has to drop out for Jerry to maybe open his eyes like he did in 2003 bringing Bill in here. 8-8 and missing the playoffs by one game keeps hope alive in his eyes and we get stuck with the same thing over and over.

Like the movie Groundhog Day.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
Q: At what point does SHAME come into play with the Jones Family?

A: When the money stops rolling in due to poor performance.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Well actually, boycotting his product is the only thing guaranteed to bring change while Jerry's alive.

But our fans are too proud of how big of a fan they are for that to happen.

I agree .... you should avoid everything Cowboys related ....... including this forum.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
As long as we keep getting moral victories, we are fine. Honestly, I think they are delusional.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Well actually, boycotting his product is the only thing guaranteed to bring change while Jerry's alive.

Yeah damn all us who aren't going to quit watching our favorite football team so that other fans can get that boycotting done that they're wanting.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
I'd like to point out that you do not have to beg players to restructure a contract. Why would anybody not want to take a big lump sum of their contract up right away? If you ask a player to restructure, they come running with a pen in their hand.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
At what point does a human being feel shame for being dead last in cap room, having to beg your vets for restructures/cuts on a yearly basis, possibly having to cut one of your all-time great players due to poor cap mgmt, and never having any signficant room to add quality FAs? I don't understand how this family can look themselves in the mirror every morning looking at the cap space for each team in the league and see teams who have twice our success also have twice the cap room we have. Do they feel no shame at all? This Demarcus Ware thing kinda rubs me the wrong way. I've been critical of him but it's sad that things have to come to this. What do you think Ware is thinking in that negotiationing room? "Why do I have to suffer to clean up YOUR mess?" Do you wonder if Jerry/Stephen ever feel any guilt/shame for having to constantly re-work and cut contracts just to get UNDER the cap? I understand every team does it but nobody desperately relies on it as much as we do.

Read the characteristics of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. People with that syndrome cannot feel shame or even understand or give credence to criticism. As an example, I had a narcissist patient who arrogantly had affairs without conscience; when finally caught and extorted, facing embarrassment and shame in family and career, he committed suicide. No one could believe that this extremely confident and powerful man would ever have reason to do that, but this illustrates how intolerable shame is to a true narcissist.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
To the question.

When another 20 years pass and there 3-4 more Super Bowls played in his stadium and none include his team.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Read the characteristics of Narcissistic Personality Disorder. People with that syndrome cannot feel shame or even understand or give credence to criticism. As an example, I had a narcissist patient who arrogantly had affairs without conscience; when finally caught and extorted, facing embarrassment and shame in family and career, he committed suicide. No one could believe that this extremely confident and powerful man would ever have reason to do that, but this illustrates how intolerable shame is to a true narcissist.
This is the best reply of the entire thread.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
At what point does a human being feel shame for being dead last in cap room, having to beg your vets for restructures/cuts on a yearly basis, possibly having to cut one of your all-time great players due to poor cap mgmt, and never having any signficant room to add quality FAs? I don't understand how this family can look themselves in the mirror every morning looking at the cap space for each team in the league and see teams who have twice our success also have twice the cap room we have. Do they feel no shame at all? This Demarcus Ware thing kinda rubs me the wrong way. I've been critical of him but it's sad that things have to come to this. What do you think Ware is thinking in that negotiationing room? "Why do I have to suffer to clean up YOUR mess?" Do you wonder if Jerry/Stephen ever feel any guilt/shame for having to constantly re-work and cut contracts just to get UNDER the cap? I understand every team does it but nobody desperately relies on it as much as we do.

Players wanted FA they got it and this is part of the deal. Shame no Dallas should not be ashambed no more than any other team who cuts and or releases Vets. Pats do it they are not shameful for that. Dallas doing this will help get the cap in order resinging Ware and Hatcher only puts us in a deeper hole. Seems you want to complain if Dallas keeps Ware and complain when they release him.

waving monkey

Reaction score

Zordon where is your shame. Really

cml750

Reaction score

I am doing my part, I haven't spent a dime on this team since the 44 - 6 Eagle debacle in 2008.