At what point would you give Moore a raise?

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
Oh I don't know.

How about now?

I am amazed in just two games he made me see what a real NFL offense should look like.

I am a harsh critic and I definitely was one of his, mainly because I thought he would have Linehan stank on him.

Nothing of the kind and I am glad to be proven wrong.
:lmao::lmao:

waldoputty

Reaction score
I'm thinking there's nothing to worry about with the issue of loyalty to the brand that Kellen's riding for,there Putty,,,er,,, unless Zeke's Father is suddenly noticed &seen trying to buddy up & wanting to hang out with Kellen?,,,Then it's definitely time fer' yer' immediate concern o_O

i dont know bro about this.
i would be proactive if he is clearly what he seems to be.
it should be pretty clear what he is after the saints, eagle and seahawks.

even if there are some issue, it should be clear what his creativity and adjustment turnaround time is
he will likely make some mistakes, but mistakes are ok as long as the capacity is demonstrated.
it may be a tech culture thing, but if you have a star, dont screw around and bring his pay way way up.
it gives other teams warning that the cowboys can and will outbid anyone
and coach pay does not count in the cap.

waldoputty

Reaction score
You evaluate the coaching staff at the end of the season. You don't act like a giddy schoolgirl, afraid someone is going to steal her prom date.

i would not mess around if he clearly demonstrates that he has it.
up the pay way up and give warning to other teams that they cannot steal him.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seriously? This kid has been great...love his work so far. IN TWO NFL GAMES. TWO. There’s a difference between excitement and just being foolish. Let’s let the kid finish a full season before we crown him anything.

There’s a reason teachers don’t give a student final grade in September before finishing the coursework or even taking a mid-term exam. It’s like Kellen Moore has turned in two assignments and fans are already prepared to give him an A+. Let’s let him finish the class before naming him a Rhodes Scholar. ,

waldoputty

Reaction score
Seriously? This kid has been great...love his work so far. IN TWO NFL GAMES. TWO. There’s a difference between excitement and just being foolish. Let’s let the kid finish a full season before we crown him anything.

There’s a reason teachers don’t give a student final grade in September before finishing the coursework or even taking a mid-term exam. It’s like Kellen Moore has turned in two assignments and fans are already prepared to give him an A+. Let’s let him finish the class before naming him a Rhodes Scholar. ,

i said give him till week 9
it should be obvious what he has by then

jnday

Reaction score
i would do it by week 9 if the results continue.
may be give him 95% of garrett's salary?
want to let the other teams that jerry will not let anyone steal him.
I would wait until he put together a solid season. One thing is for certain, it would be much longer than the first two weeks of the season after facing scrub defenses .

droopdog7

Reaction score
More than half the board wanted Moore fires last year. Good grief, this isn’t just Moore. I guarantee you that garret is as involved or more than he was last year.

IndianaCowboys1994

Reaction score
December right before black Monday. It the offense keeps it up don't let him leave. You know he will get HC interviews. My theory: Dallas will eventually push Garrett into retirement and into the broadcast booth.

waldoputty

Reaction score
December right before black Monday. It the offense keeps it up don't let him leave. You know he will get HC interviews. My theory: Dallas will eventually push Garrett into retirement and into the broadcast booth.

give him a huge raise during the season would tell teams what to expect if they try to grab him.

LoneStarTexas

Reaction score
Honestly, If Moore helps this team get to the NFC Championship game, win or lose, give him a raise.:star: