At what point would you give Moore a raise?

_sturt_

Reaction score
i would do it by week 9 if the results continue.
may be give him 95% of garrett's salary?
want to let the other teams that jerry will not let anyone steal him.

I remember Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn were in a movie about this back when.

2019-09-21_0859.png

Seriously, Dak has told us that they're not really running that many plays, if any, that they didn't run last year.

That's consistent with what some of us told the many of us was going to be true, based on what was shared in the off-season, ie, Moore would operate under the guidance of his older and more experienced superior, allowed to have some leash, but within the boundaries of what the head coach wants to see.

So, let's appreciate Moore for what he's brought--some tweaks, some play disguises--even while we also appreciate that we didn't begin this year with the "receiver by committee" noose around our collective neck, but rather, arguably the widest set of weapons we've had in many years, AND, almost certainly and notably an improvement at QB coach.

Answering the OP question... everyone gets a raise.

Everyone.

If, big if, we make it to the holy grail event.

Last edited:

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Look, say what you want but it has to happen this season because next season he will be the league’s hottest commodity. Mark my words.

And it’s not only salary, it’s the assistant head coach title. That’s IF Garrett stays, of course.

If he goes, we’ll have to deal with Kitna as the new offensive coordinator and it won’t be nearly the same.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Look, say what you want, @TheSkaven but Moore's contribution is being seriously, seriously overvalued by some of you.

"It won't be nearly the same (under Kitna if he were OC)"... ??? Wow.

It's mostly the same as last season. You've been told that. But you want to blow-up Moore into Sean McVay. One can hope he is, but right now, it's far too premature to back that assertion up with any degree of evidence.

Please listen to reason.

Yes, he's working out nicely so far.

And I'd rather keep the entire staff including him. But if we lose him, so be it. THE HEART AND SOUL of this offensive scheme is the guy who is at the top, like it or not.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Look, say what you want, @TheSkaven but Moore's contribution is being seriously, seriously overvalued by some of you.

"It won't be nearly the same (under Kitna if he were OC)"... ??? Wow.

It's mostly the same as last season. You've been told that. But you want to blow-up Moore into Sean McVay. One can hope he is, but right now, it's far too premature to back that assertion up with any degree of evidence.

Please listen to reason.

Yes, he's working out nicely so far.

And I'd rather keep the entire staff including him. But if we lose him, so be it. THE HEART AND SOUL of this offensive scheme is the guy who is at the top, like it or not.

if the heart and soul of the offense is the guy at the top, where was this offense in the last 6 years?

blueblood70

Reaction score
after the playoffs are over..JEEZ nothing done in these fort 4 games will tell us SQUAT..

sorry but cupcake games teams down or weak defenses..its not enough to convince me of anything..outcoach the best in chess match we can talk..really sick of hearing about KM kitna and Dak and this offense..

Yes its been great start 2-0 another cupcake on the way that are in super tank mode and we are supposed to be impressed?

like I said very pleased but its like watching Collège teams like Bama going against Bama state, Marshall, and LA tech 3-0 and crowing them a national championship..

Im hard on my TX Longhorns as well they beat up two weak teams lost to LSU, played well but lost.. show me something before you claim WE are Back. save that participation trophy for blinded fans who dont know any better..

which belongs me to all the hype on Same Ellingher.. im not buying it until I see it in the biggest games and he actually THRIWS us into a playoff game..he reminds me of Dak or the other way around as they both develop but until I see it against the best competition and we come out victors IE your play carried the team to victory..then ill go buy the biggest glass of Kool-Aid available..

I keep hearing well Brady and NE play in weak division.. weaker afc etc blah blah blah they already proven they are great they have so much hardware they have to rest space to display it.. 9 straight AFCCG and too many SBs to count.. WINNING.. they may use the weak teams as ways to practice and launch but they WIN when it counts..

Ive seen many great seasons over the last 25yrs but it always ends in a 1st or 2nd round disappointment..

Im not buying it YET..

Yes im enjoying the fun but that it no speculation or hype talk..we have 2 games against the Eagles, NO, GB, MN, NE, and CHI to play..then maybe the playoffs etc..

_sturt_

Reaction score
if the heart and soul of the offense is the guy at the top, where was this offense in the last 6 years?

Don't be simple minded, and also don't misread what I wrote.

Give Moore appreciation for the tweaks he's made.

Argue with the evidence we have here.

Again, Dak... not me or anyone else... told you the playbook is virtually if not exactly the same.

And tweaks are just that... tweaks.

Where was this offense the last 6 years? It appears the tweaks... in addition to the better personnel... in addition to the better QB coach... have made a difference over what Linehan was doing.

Linehan had more leash than what Moore has because Linehan had Garrett's trust, given their previous experiences together. Perhaps one can legitimately argue that Garrett should have imposed more on Linehan than he did. But then, again, the results once we significantly improved the WR position last year weren't all that bad for Linehan, either. (And let's be fair to Linehan--at times, he's had some pretty impressive runs. Those times tend to square with times he had the personnel to make things happen.)

doomsday9084

Reaction score
There is no salary cap for coaches and Jerry is worth billions. Pay him $100m per year for all I care. If he starts sucking next week, fire him and buy out his contract. Its not my money.

The only time I care about Jerry's money is player contracts because of the cap. Whatever one player gets, another cannot.

waldoputty

Reaction score
Don't be simple minded, and also don't misread what I wrote.

Give Moore appreciation for the tweaks he's made.

Argue with the evidence we have here.

Again, Dak... not me or anyone else... told you the playbook is virtually if not exactly the same.

And tweaks are just that... tweaks.

Where was this offense the last 6 years? It appears the tweaks... in addition to the better personnel... in addition to the better QB coach... have made a difference over what Linehan was doing.

Linehan had more leash than what Moore has because Linehan had Garrett's trust, given their previous experiences together. Perhaps one can legitimately argue that Garrett should have imposed more on Linehan than he did. But then, again, the results once we significantly improved the WR position last year weren't all that bad for Linehan, either. (And let's be fair to Linehan--at times, he's had some pretty impressive runs. Those times tend to square with times he had the personnel to make things happen.)

u mean like how cooper convinced dak to disobey linehan?
or how the team did not make adjustments in offense or defense for years, like those 6? sacks given to that falcons de?

Last edited:

CB61

Reaction score
He don't need no raise he will get his money when Jason Garrett goes to b gm and Kellen Moore takes over teams hc

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Thank you. Now I have this song stuck in my head

* Ha, that tune was a monster smash hit & was always getting radio play on those little made in Japan, 9 volt portable transistor radios with those telescoping tin metal aerial antennas that would break off ,and when you went to change out the battery it always had a really weird smell of transistorized electronics once it got hot,that you could buy as a kid for like $5 bucks& soon enough regretted it's purchase a couple days later, wishing you had yer' $5 bucks back?,,,er,,,ya, they played a lot of that Edison lighthouse's
" rock the boat/don't rock the boat,baby" tune on those little Jap-crap radios ,,,Tooo_O

Last edited:

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Teams can't contact him during the season about a job.

He can only take a Head Coaching job while under contract. I'm certain he got at least 3 years on a contract when he took the OC job.

McVay was a similar age when hired as the Rams HC but he had 9 year of coaching experience including 3 as the Skins OC.

I don't know if Kellen Moore would want an HC job in 2020, especially if the OC pay from the Cowboys is similar.

Garrett's contract is up after the season. If Moore really wants an HC job then give him the Cowboys HC job.

If he really wants an HC job then paying him more as OC won"t keep him from taking an HC job if he was offered one.

If he prefers to be a highly paid OC then they can bump his pay at the end of the season or after another team makes a request to interview him.

The Cowboys are not going to change Moore's pay in the middle of the season similar to how they're not going to switch to a 7-4 defense.
Oh my GOSH I want to see them switch to a 7-4 defense!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
When he grows up and has to start buying his clothes in the adult section at JC Penny?

_sturt_

Reaction score
* Ha, that tune was a monster smash hit & was always getting radio play on those little made in Japan, 9 volt portable transistor radios with those telescoping tin metal aerial antennas that would break off ,and when you went to change out the battery it always had a really weird smell of transistorized electronics once it got hot,that you could buy as a kid for like $5 bucks& soon enough regretted it's purchase a couple days later, wishing you had yer' $5 bucks back?,,,er,,,ya, they played a lot of that Edison lighthouse's
" rock the boat/don't rock the boat,baby" tune on those little Jap-crap radios ,,,Tooo_O

The age of Radio Shack.

th