Atlanta Falcons Situation

DoomsDayD

Reaction score
M'Kevon;2489736 said:
If we lose, we don't deserve to go. I still thing ATL winning was a good thing . . .

ATL winning is a good thing because it keeps the creepy eagles on the outside!!! Of course it doesnt help our team that much but lets face it i for one dont really think we can win our remaining games...not from what i have seen and heard. I just think all the heart has gone out of this team. All i can hope for is ROMO to come out and throw his obligatory one interception in the first series just to get it over with.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
casmith07;2489700 said:
However, because ATL now beat Tampa, it makes the tiebreaker between us and Atlanta far too interesting, getting into "style" points since our win percentage against common opponents is too similar.

Style points? If we end up tied in common opponents (if we lose to Philly and the Falcons beat the Rams), the next tiebreaker is strength of victory, and we should win that easily. There are 22 games remaining that would decide that strength of victory tiebreaker, and the Falcons would need 18 of them to go their way. We need only five.

reddyuta

Reaction score
i dont think tb can beat SD next week.we have to be worried about the eagles though,the last game could be a winner goes to the playoffs.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
well we gave away the Skins game. we gave away the Zona game. we gave away the Steelers game. Those are 3 games we could have and should have won. Had we taken care of our own business earlier, we would be in the playoffs already and competing for the division and HFA.....instead, we shot ourselves in the foot and now we are fighting to merely make the playoffs. So if this team wants in, they need to win. I could care less what the other teams do. We just need to win the next 3 games and we are in the postseason.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
theogt;2489756 said:
We would have owned the tiebreaker over Atlanta and we would have been a game up on them if we win.

Exactly. If we don't lose anymore conference games and end up with a better or same record as Atl then we win that tiebreaker with them.

If.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
M'Kevon;2489773 said:
If Philly wins their next two, there is no free game. Short of TB, ATL and Philly losing a game over the next two weeks, right now Dallas must win out.

Exactly. We needed ATL to lose to widen the gap.

cowboys4life

Reaction score
We just need to win and not worry about getting help to get in....I think our D comes out tonight and plays like last week and we get all over the NYFG....

BigDave95

Reaction score
casmith07;2489700 said:
For those that don't understand, here's the situation with us and the Atlanta Falcons...

For those that don't understand? Like you??

We hold the tiebreaker over Atlanta. It would take a miracle perfect storm over the last two weeks for Atlanta to overtake us on strength of victory therefore their win today did not really hurt us. If we finish tied with Atlanta, we make it. If we finish tied with Tampa, we make it. If we finish tied with them both, we make it.

Obviously we'd prefer for Dallas to win out but there are still SEVERAL scenarios where we can make it at 10-6 and Atlanta's win today did nothing to hurt that.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2489778 said:
Style points? If we end up tied in common opponents (if we lose to Philly and the Falcons beat the Rams), the next tiebreaker is strength of victory, and we should win that easily. There are 22 games remaining that would decide that strength of victory tiebreaker, and the Falcons would need 18 of them to go their way. We need only five.

That's good to know. But we can't lose any games unless they lose the same. I don't want to compete with both TB and Atl and it looks like we are right there.

Word Mofo

Reaction score
dbair1967;2489729 said:
The playoffs dont start after today.

Tampa has home games vs San Diego and Oakland

Atlanta is at Minnesota and home to the lowly Rams

We have the Giants, Ravens and at Eagles.

Thank you for depressing me :(

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
theogt;2489709 said:
Basically, Atlanta winning was really bad for us.

I thought we wanted Carolin to win the South? doesn't Tampa losing go a ways to making that happen?

links18

Reaction score
Ren;2489716 said:
If we can't get into the playoffs on our own we have no business being there if we win we go if not we stay home so that's what we should be looking for now

By this logic, half the teams that make the playoffs every year have no business being there. Tell that to the NY Giants. They needed help to make the playoffs last year, but took full advantage of it, once they got in. :confused:

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Ren;2489716 said:
If we can't get into the playoffs on our own we have no business being there if we win we go if not we stay home so that's what we should be looking for now

The truth

Everson24

Reaction score
theogt;2489727 said:
If we win, it doesn't matter what else happens. If we lose, it matters.

Make sense?

I'm trying to find a way for us to get in at 10-6. I at least want our game with Philly to have meaning.

Ren

Reaction score
links18;2489858 said:
By this logic, half the teams that make the playoffs every year have no business being there. Tell that to the NY Giants. They needed help to make the playoffs last year, but took full advantage of it, once they got in. :confused:

do you really want to make it inn cause other teams out-sucked us in December?

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
M'Kevon;2489722 said:
I'm missing something. TB lost. If Dallas beats NY, all three teams are tied. Dallas becomes #1 WC team based upon head to head with TB, and better conference than ATL.

Unless I'm reading the WC tie breakers wrong, how is this a bad thing???
Exactly, ATL winning was the better option for us. People have to look at Tampa's schedule. They have SD and OAK at home the final two games. They worst they will go is 1-1. Had they won today the worst they would finish up would be 11-5. Meaning we would have to win out to tie them. Not impossible but not an ideal situation for us.

Now with Tampa losing you bring them back to the pack with a few other teams and we have a tiebreaker on Tampa and I believe ATL if we end up with identical records. You don't want to put yourself in a position where you have little room for error and only playing the last playoff spot. If Tampa had won today that's what we would have been facing. So be glad ATL won today.

links18

Reaction score
Ren;2489878 said:
do you really want to make it inn cause other teams out-sucked us in December?

Better than not making it at all. I am sure Giants fan are happy they made it in last year, even if it was by the skin of their teeth. Same with Pittsburgh in 2005....

Ren

Reaction score
links18;2489892 said:
Better than not making it at all. I am sure Giants fan are happy they made it in last year, even if it was by the skin of their teeth. Same with Pittsburgh in 2005....

The Giants made it with a somewhat comfortable margin it was the skins who barely made it last season.

Honestly if we don't make it inn on our own then what does it matter, i'm done praying for gifts from other teams either this team gets their **** together now or bring on the offseason for all i care