Atlanta molesting St. Louis

Woods

Reaction score
The Rams really came out flat in the 2nd half.

So many mistakes.

They can't even cover punt returns. That's directly led to around 21 points.

But given how poor the NFC is this year, why not Atlanta?

JDSmith

Reaction score
The Rams didn't even have a winning record in the regular season. Welcome to parity. You don't even need to be good to get into the playoffs, you just have to suck less than a couple of other teams.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Atlanta is lucky to be playing against a vanilla defense. Atlanta and Minnesota are the two teams that have the best chance at knocking off the Iggles. :D

kmp77

Reaction score
I feel sorry for Bulger, he's getting beat up.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31 said:
Is Atlanta really this good? !:eek:
They've had 3 weeks to prepare, plus they're playing the Rams. Rams have no D, their special teams suck, and they tackle like girls.

Champsheart

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:
Is Atlanta really this good? :eek:

The Rams Run Defense in the first half might have been the worst I can remember, definetly for a playoff game.
Embarrasing for them!

The Falcons Front 4 is beating Bulger to a pulp.
Reminds me of when I tenderize my steak with a malet.

If I was Atlanta I would pull Vick now. Running bootlegs with him with 8 minutes left up 40-17 is plain silly.

OK, now another bootleg with 5:55 left up 40-17, and he almost gets smacked into a wall.

Just hand the ball off, St. Louis can not stop you.

Reaction score
HeavyHitta31 said:

Atlanta will represent the NFC in the SuperBowl folks. Their defense will take care of McNabb and co. and their running game is good enouigh to push the iggles around. (assuming that the bi-queens don't pull a big upset tomorrow)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
The rushing numbers Atlanta put up are ridiculous. Over 300 yards on the ground.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
HeavyHitta31 said:
I'm still not buying it 100% yet. They played a team with no D and no special teams, at home, coming off a bye. That being said, they could win next week. The NFC was pretty weak this year. If Minnnesota beats Philly, the championship game is in Atlanta and they should win that one otherwise I think they could go to Philly and win there. They looked good tonight.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Did you see the Ram special teams they did not stay in there lanes they look like chickens running around with there heads cut of no wonder they where 8-8. On the punt return and the big kick off return several players did not maintain there lanes just pkay unacceptable

Martz great o-cordinator horrible head coach he pays way to much attention to the offense ignoring the rest of the team.

Champsheart

Reaction score
OMG, did anyone see the size of those rocks stuck to Vicks ear lobes after the game?

There has to be something in the Collective Bargaining Agreement that stipulates you can not wear something that could land you on Injured Reserve.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
if vick ever gets the passing part tightened down he will be absolutely sick - he kinda already is...

notherbob

Reaction score
Atlanta was very impressive tonight, no question about it. Right now they look like the team to beat to get to the big bowl. They were well coached, well staffed and motivated. Kinda makes me a little jealous.

If Philly will beats the Vikings tomorrow, the showdown next week will be fun to watch, but right now, Atlanta looks looks good enough to beat either team as long as Vick doesn't get hurt.

Yeah, kinda makes me a little jealous. Maybe in a year or two the Boys will be able to compete.

Tuna Helper

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile said:
The rushing numbers Atlanta put up are ridiculous. Over 300 yards on the ground.

Well, what happens when your QB doesn't understand the offense and can't throw as a result?

I just love how people are dogging the west coast offense because "it is not suited for the great Mike Vick." The only thing that suits Vick's talent is to take the snap and run with the ball. Other mobile quarterbacks have run this system with success in the past.

There will be a time when Vick will need to pass to win a game, and he won't be able to do it. This is why a Mike Vick led team will NEVER win a Super Bowl.

Vick is the most overrated and overhyped QB in the NFL. I'm not buying them as the team to respresent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

Sorry to say it, but it is clear that Philly will represent the NFC. Philly does have a run defense, and will not let Vick run all over the field.

All opposing teams have to do is stack the box and let Vick try to win the game with his arm.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
say what you want... Vick is just awesome... he went into Lambeau-- his first season as a starter and led his team to victory when Lambeau was still Lambeau.. and Favre hadn't lost a playoff game there.. Vick is the truth.. and he truly doesn't have any superstar wideouts.. he has a missle of an arm as well... this kid hasn't even scratched the surface.. he's one of those players that an entire city and team just feeds off of.. he energizes his team.. it makes you wonder who got the better of the deal w/ San Diego... regardless of what happens next week.. I gotta give Vick and the Falcons props for their season..

Martice

Reaction score
He's younger than Drew Henson!! So actually he has more time to learn and grow than Drew does. If I'm a betting man, Vick will learn the throwing aspect of his game. The question is when. If he displays it sooner than later, the league is in trouble!

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
I can't believe people still hate on vick. Why stop running him if they can't stop him?