Twitter: Attempted Tripping of Dak before Hail Mary

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
No one else has mentioned this but doesn't the defensive player stick his leg out in an attempt to trip Dak here? Isn't that a penalty? Would've been nice to have one more shot at the end zone.

Good job I didn’t remember seeing this but that’s probably because I was drinking early and often again watching this team

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I forget now too....:oops:

I think I was referring to how many times Dak scrambles to "extend a play".

Mahomes does it all the time....sometimes a little and often minor miracles.

Dak....to my eyes...seems stuck in the mud. Too often.

Dak isn't that fast or light on his feet. But he is strong, durable, and fast enough for a QB to run some. And he throws very well on the move.

If you're gonna compare Dak to Mahomes, you're gonna be disappointed. Dak is one of the league's credible running QBs, and has never missed a game. That's a good combination.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
With 4 seconds left in the game when we needed a touchdown. You want him to throw it out of bounds and then the same thing happen the next play? I mean not too many people when on a hail mary. Especially with your best WR sitting on the bench.

Bad angle to tell, but it looks like the attempt to trip was successful, unless Dak tripped over air.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would have been nice, but I am sad the 3 DL go to Dak with 5 OL protecting him.

Also it looks like perfect time to do a hard count, get defense encroachment and get a free play like Aaron Rodgers

Much of the time the hard count just results in a 5 yard penalty rather than a free play, and other times the play is whistled because a defender is headed unabated to the QB. On top of that, there is no certainty the defense would have fallen for it anyway. In short, too many other things could happen other than a free play, so with only 2 plays left it seemed to me a better choice to focus on the play itself. Unfortunately the blocking wasn't great, and, of course, with the benefit of hindsight it would have been better for Dak to throw that one away, or at least get some more loft on it so Gallup had a better chance to go up and get the ball.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Well, nobody said it was top 5 with Collins and Smith out, and Frederick no longer here... Teams like the Commanders have been dealing with this much TO for years. The Cowboys have had the fortune of having such major consistency year in and year out since Dak got here.

I've seen plenty of people who still believe that it's a top five OLine.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think there was like 10 seconds left when he threw the ball. He could have broke off some nice yardage on a run but thats probably nit picking
He could've thrown it away or ran out of bounds, but imagine if he was tackled inbounds and the clock ran out. This board would've imploded.:lmao:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
No one else has mentioned this but doesn't the defensive player stick his leg out in an attempt to trip Dak here? Isn't that a penalty? Would've been nice to have one more shot at the end zone.

Haven't read the whole thread but that is not a good angle on the OP. When you watch it real speed, it's not a trip and is just the defender's momentum of falling on his butt after losing grip of Dak. Looks purely incidental to me. That obstructed replay looks like he's lying on the ground already and lifts a leg up to trip when he actually fell backward which causes your legs to fly up and Dak was simply flung in that direction.

Trip.gif

Replay from reverse angle.

TripR1.gif