Aubrey has missed 6 of his last 7 FG from 57+

Once again ever since that hit he took last season he has been less than reliable
 
Our kickoffs are the best in the league right now even with the penalties. The Cowboys would be way worse off taking touchbacks everytime.
Where are u getting this information. I have watch alot of football so far this season, what makes Dallas kickoffs the best.

They all look the same to me from all teams.

Actually our kickoff team is the worst as we lost to the Ravens partly because of a horrible kickoff
 


Maybe the long-ball magic is gone and we need to stop trotting him out there regularly for moonshot FG attempts?

He did hit 4 of his previous 5 from that distance (since last Sept.) so hopefully it's just a slump he can work his way out of.

Killer 6-point swing at the end of the half in Houston thanks to the confidence we had in Aubrey.

I see fans talking about Aubrey, but nobody is talking about the stupidity of shotty thinking his kicker is a damn robot, sending him out to attempt kicks from ridiculous ranges.

I know Aubrey is good, but I am pretty sure at times aubrey has those "cmon bro" moments when shotty sends him out there on certain kicks.

I dont think Aubrey has fell off at all, I just believe the coach questionable decision making is having Aubrey look bad right now.

Shotty was about as cocky with his kicker as the texans were cocky with the CBs last week. All that confidence will get you burned.
 
I see fans talking about Aubrey, but nobody is talking about the stupidity of shotty thinking his kicker is a damn robot, sending him out to attempt kicks from ridiculous ranges.

I know Aubrey is good, but I am pretty sure at times aubrey has those "cmon bro" moments when shotty sends him out there on certain kicks.

I dont think Aubrey has fell off at all, I just believe the coach questionable decision making is having Aubrey look bad right now.

Shotty was about as cocky with his kicker as the texans were cocky with the CBs last week. All that confidence will get you burned.
A FG attempt at 55+ yards should only be attempted when absolutely necessary. Hey, you want him to set a new record? Wait til we're way ahead or behind and go for it. Quit doing it when the game is close.
 
A FG attempt at 55+ yards should only be attempted when absolutely necessary. Hey, you want him to set a new record? Wait til we're way ahead or behind and go for it. Quit doing it when the game is close.
Yes. That 66-67 yard attempt BS was seriously raging.
 
Where are u getting this information. I have watch alot of football so far this season, what makes Dallas kickoffs the best.

They all look the same to me from all teams.

Actually our kickoff team is the worst as we lost to the Ravens partly because of a horrible kickoff
NFL.com

The Cowboys have the best return average in the league.
 
His angle isn't lower. Or at least didn't used to be. He was kicking 60 yarders into the net. Cam Little kicks a lot of long FGs. He's never had a kick blocked.

To say nothing of how many XPs "automatic Aubrey" has missed.

Aubrey makes 7x what Reichard makes. Between the blocks, the misses, the awful kickoffs, we have an issue with our kicking game.
Our kickoffs are 2nd-best in the league. Aubrey hasn't missed a FG from inside 59 yards. He's missed one XP this year and one all of last year. It's incredible how people focus on entirely the wrong things to complain about.
 


Maybe the long-ball magic is gone and we need to stop trotting him out there regularly for moonshot FG attempts?

He did hit 4 of his previous 5 from that distance (since last Sept.) so hopefully it's just a slump he can work his way out of.

Killer 6-point swing at the end of the half in Houston thanks to the confidence we had in Aubrey.

Yes, I mentioned it last year when Shooty ice him on a +50 yd try late in the year when this began.

I think he is a rhythm kicker and initially when they got to within 60, they called his number. Then late last year the stopped and he got off rhythm. It has been that ever since the icing.
 
NFL.com

The Cowboys have the best return average in the league.
Return avg does not mean the best. Our special teams had a direct impact on the lost to the Ravens and Aubrey has missed 3 fgs and 1 extra point this year.

If we have the best special teams in the league I feel sorry for every special teams coach in the league

BTW Aubrey is on pace to miss 12 fgs and 4 extra points. Best in the league, huh.
 
Return avg does not mean the best. Our special teams had a direct impact on the lost to the Ravens and Aubrey has missed 3 fgs and 1 extra point this year.

If we have the best special teams in the league I feel sorry for every special teams coach in the league

BTW Aubrey is on pace to miss 12 fgs and 4 extra points. Best in the league, huh.
I said our kickoffs are best in the league, not our special teams as a whole.
 
Our kickoffs are 2nd-best in the league. Aubrey hasn't missed a FG from inside 59 yards. He's missed one XP this year and one all of last year. It's incredible how people focus on entirely the wrong things to complain about.
Kickoffs, lol. I haven't seen us pin anyone back inside the 20 yet on kickoff. It's not like teams running kickoffs back anymorefor TDs. You may see 2 or 3 a year now
 
Kickoffs, lol. I haven't seen us pin anyone back inside the 20 yet on kickoff. It's not like teams running kickoffs back anymorefor TDs. You may see 2 or 3 a year now
With the new kickoff rules anything inside the 25 yard line is good on the kickoff coverage. Also the Cowboys definitely have pinned people inside the 20 this season.
 


Maybe the long-ball magic is gone and we need to stop trotting him out there regularly for moonshot FG attempts?

He did hit 4 of his previous 5 from that distance (since last Sept.) so hopefully it's just a slump he can work his way out of.

Killer 6-point swing at the end of the half in Houston thanks to the confidence we had in Aubrey.

Money tends to do funny things to football players...............
 
Return avg does not mean the best. Our special teams had a direct impact on the lost to the Ravens and Aubrey has missed 3 fgs and 1 extra point this year.

If we have the best special teams in the league I feel sorry for every special teams coach in the league

BTW Aubrey is on pace to miss 12 fgs and 4 extra points. Best in the league, huh.
2 blocked which were not his fault; why are people SO STUPID ABOUT THIS?
 
What other teams have that many LD attempts? Inside 60, I would be comfortable with Aubrey with no environmental conditions to deal with. Having him kick the ball every time they reach the 50 is going to wear on his confidence.
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,216
Messages
14,673,204
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top