Aubrey's (Butter) missed FG

since75

Reaction score
He was due for a miss every time we lined up for a field goal. The 50 at the end makes everything ok again. Time to start a new streak.

Cmac

Reaction score
Making a FG to close the deal is a bit soothing. Can't blame him for a failed block and hitting the crossbar may rid the pressure.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
That whole bit throughout the game was hilarious.
Olsen was funny. He seemed as relieved as everyone
when the 50 yarder was nailed near the end.
Olsen was also driving me and others in the game thread crazy. I'm that same sports superstitious type and I could feel his anxiety.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I didn't like the miss, but I did like he had another chance before the end of the game to hit one, to keep it from hanging over his head.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Just glad he hit the 50 yarder at the end. Was worried he’d be a head case all week after 2 misses.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
you know the irony there where Brett Maher was great all year and the last game of the year against Washington started the whole yips
Thought the very same thing when that second kick dunked the post, lol. Sure hope not. Wish those 2 idiots would have just shut up about it before he missed too. Talk after he kicks it you dummies.

mmohican29

Reaction score
You're not alone brother. I wondered if I was the only one starting to dread that this guy was perfect. Yips are just part of the package. Have to get over one first.
The made 50 yd FG was huge. There were no yips. The 1st was blocked, the 2nd miss I think was just due. I'm not concerned.

For the next 2 games he'll be kicking in ideal circumstances with the best leg in the game.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Am i the only one who was glad to have the perfect record over heading into the postseason? I always felt perfect stats create more pressure above what is already a high pressure situation. This allows him to go out and do what he does without the perfect streak hanging over him (in a playoff scenario).
Technically he did not miss. 1 blocked by the D, poor blocking and 1 blocked by the goal post.

I am glad it happened when it was not needed. Pressure of the streak is over.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Am i the only one who was glad to have the perfect record over heading into the postseason? I always felt perfect stats create more pressure above what is already a high pressure situation. This allows him to go out and do what he does without the perfect streak hanging over him (in a playoff scenario).
I'm kind of glad he missed one on his own. I felt bad that his streak ended because of a block.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Technically he did not miss. 1 blocked by the D, poor blocking and 1 blocked by the goal post.

I am glad it happened when it was not needed. Pressure of the streak is over.
I'm not sure I've ever seen a more solid hit on the goal post.

gimmesix

Reaction score
You're not alone brother. I wondered if I was the only one starting to dread that this guy was perfect. Yips are just part of the package. Have to get over one first.
Glad we gave him that last kick. Not good IMO for a first-year guy to go into the playoffs coming off a miss. His demeanor was praised, but that doesn't mean things can't creep into his head.

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Yes and maybe that was even Fassel's plan coming into the game as the line did not block at all during the first FG attempt. Very suspicious :huh: