Audio: Broaddus is on to something here

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Broaddus is on to something here

By dcfanatic, October 12, 2009 8:44 pm

Here's former Cowboys scout Bryan Broaddus on103.3 ESPN's Galloway and Company earlier today...

Broaddus on GAC

Every game I sit and watch this team flop around for three hours. We all know that they can't out of their own way most of the time and yet we are always waiting for them to 'get it together'.

Broaddus is genius in here. He's accepted what this coaching staff is and what they are going to do with this team.

It's simple, but it's brilliant. Why are we looking for this team to perform at a high level when they haven't done that in forever and a day.

The same song plays over and over. But for some reason we keep listening and trying to hear something different.

Just accept it for what it is.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Resignation = 'On to something' for fans of the 3-2 Dallas Cowboys. Other than that, enjoy the season everybody!

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3012367 said:

Here's former Cowboys scout Bryan Broaddus on103.3 ESPN's Galloway and Company earlier today...

Broaddus on GAC

Every game I sit and watch this team flop around for three hours. We all know that they can't out of their own way most of the time and yet we are always waiting for them to 'get it together'.

Broaddus is genius in here. He's accepted what this coaching staff is and what they are going to do with this team.

It's simple, but it's brilliant. Why are we looking for this team to perform at a high level when they haven't done that in forever and a day.

The same song plays over and over. But for some reason we keep listening and trying to hear something different.

//

I understand what your saying DC, but at the same time, like bryan said what are the cowboys doing on the sidelines.
1. Last yr we had to fix the special teams midstream
2. After tampa game we had to fix run blitz defense because wade didnt do it enough in training camp
3. we had to fix the pass defense after the giant game
4. we still have to fix the 2 minute defense

these coaches arent getting the players in position to win, but they are trying to treat them like professionals and they arent professionals

You have to work these players over and over and over, drill it into their stubborn stupid heads that lack luster stupid mistakes wont be tolerated

That all goes back to jerry jones at the top for having laid back head coaches that put up with sloppy playing;

that is what needs to be fixed DC, if jerry jones wants to be the head coach which he really does, but he cant in reality, then jerry jones needs to get onto the coaches, breathe fire and brimstone making players accountable

this team hasnt been accountable since jimmy johnson left

and that starts all with jerry jones for being accountable till leadership is strong enough on this team to see that things are done the right way

Leadership is starting to take effect on this team, Jason Witten was seen on sidelines getting onto players, Tony Romo got onto gurode for bad snap, brooking told the players all week you have to work harder, study harder on film etc, then brooking backed it up, led the team on defense;

just a few more leaders on this team is needed that make players accountable, till then jerry jones has to be the fire breathing dragon so to speak and kick players rear ends when need be

because wade sure wont, and seems like jason garrett doesnt either

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Idgit;3012398 said:
Resignation = 'On to something' for fans of the 3-2 Dallas Cowboys. Other than that, enjoy the season everybody!

Provide me with evidence that what I have seen in the first five games isn't what I will be seeing in the next eleven.

And don't tell me about Miles 'Jerry Rice Jr.' Austin.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3012415 said:
Provide me with evidence that what I have seen in the first five games isn't what I will be seeing in the next eleven.

i think what he is saying DC Romo is taking steps, but he isnt there yet;
like i said give romo till his 50th game

romo still needs just alittle more experience since this is only his 44th start so far;

did you listen to the ed werder talk from michael irvin show DC, listen to that, to me, werder was hitting the nail on the head about romo and wade and the coaching

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/...ast&id=4543638

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dcfanatic;3012415 said:

No. It's not my job to provide you with a means of enjoying the football season.

We're on pace for a 10-win season as it is, and that's playing the sloppy football you've seen in the first five games. If that's evidence to pack it in in your book, by all means, pack it in. Try to bring as many whiney fans with you as you can.

NewJCowboy

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3012367 said:

Broaddus on GAC

:violin:

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Idgit;3012425 said:
No. It's not my job to provide you with a means of enjoying the football season.

We're on pace for a 10-win season as it is, and that's playing the sloppy football you've seen in the first five games. If that's evidence to pack it in in your book, by all means, pack it in. Try to bring as many whiney fans with you as you can.

We are?

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
I remember the Giants in 2007. Everyone wrote them off. The last two years, the NFC East champion has lost to a Division opponent (at home) while having the best year or record in the NFC. Last year, everyone wrote the Eagles off.

Perhaps, Dallas will be a wildcard and return the favor. They are due.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3012419 said:
i think what he is saying DC Romo is taking steps, but he isnt there yet;
like i said give romo till his 50th game

romo still needs just alittle more experience since this is only his 44th start so far;

did you listen to the ed werder talk from michael irvin show DC, listen to that, to me, werder was hitting the nail on the head about romo and wade and the coaching

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/...ast&id=4543638

Give me a break. Yeah, Romo has his bad moments and bad games, but he is championship ready right now. His problem is he is surrounded by an inept coaching staff and mostly stupid players. How many times does a QB have to dig the team out a hole caused by penalties. Its supposed to be 1st and 10, not 1st and 15 or 20 everytime you get the ball. I am amazed every week how many times Romo overcomes other players mistakes but he isn't God. He can't do it everytime and he is going to have his own mistakes. How many times has Romo driven the team down for what should be a game winning score only to have the defense give it right back. Romo puts the team in position to win on a weekly basis. Most of the time they lose its because someone makes a stupid penalty that takes away a big play or the damn defense can't make a single play in the last 5 minutes of a game. If they could, we'd be 5-0 and talking about Romo for MVP with the numbers he has put up. Don't tell me Romo is the problem with this team. This team is competitive despite inept coaching, no discipline, and no accountability because of Romo and only Romo. You take this exact team, put Cowher at Head Coach with his own staff, get a decent LT that doesn't lose the team 20-30 yards a game at the worst possible times, and get another safety that can cover and tackle and this team is superbowl caliber. A healthy Felix Jones for an entire season would just be icing on that cake.

NorTex

Reaction score
I used to enjoy BB on GAC but the more I listened to him, the more he flip flopped and contradicted himself...he's just another talking head IMO.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;3012519 said:

3-2 is a .6 win percentage.

.6X16 = 9.6

Obviously, you cannot win 9.6 games....

So.....

If we take 15 games *.6, you get 9.

So heading into the last game, we'd be 9-6.... and since .6>.5, we have a more likely chance at winning the last game than losing it, thus giving us the 10 wins.

Others would refer to this as "rounding up."

STSINAZ

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3012415 said:

you are right, this is what i have been saying, the only difference is they are going to be playing against twice the competition in the next 11, thats spells disaster....think about it

the eagles the bucs
the eagles the panthers
the gints the chiefs
the saints the gints
the falcons the broncos
the packers
the chargers
the seahawks
the skins
the skins
the raiders

thats ugly man any way you slice it

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Idgit;3012425 said:

:lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao2:

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Vintage;3012559 said:
3-2 is a .6 win percentage.

.6X16 = 9.6

Obviously, you cannot win 9.6 games....

So.....

If we take 15 games *.6, you get 9.

So heading into the last game, we'd be 9-6.... and since .6>.5, we have a more likely chance at winning the last game than losing it, thus giving us the 10 wins.

Others would refer to this as "rounding up."

Yeah. That 10-6 hypothesis does a nice job of taking into account the strength of the rest of our schedule. Oh wait...

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Bleu Star;3012605 said:
Yeah. That 10-6 hypothesis does a nice job of taking into account the strength of the rest of our schedule. Oh wait...

To bad we don't have a bunch more 1-13 teams on the schedule

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
Kangaroo;3012643 said:
To bad we don't have a bunch more 1-13 teams on the schedule

Good thing we only have one undefeated team on our remaining schedule unlike our first five games.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bleu Star;3012599 said:

Bleu Star;3012605 said:

The forum's quiet while the meaning of 'on pace' slowly dawns on Bleu Star.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Idgit;3012879 said:
The forum's quiet while the meaning of 'on pace' slowly dawns on Bleu Star.

8-8... 9-7 at best.. and yet another playoffs miss. Gotta love it.