Audio: Broaddus is on to something here

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
Idgit;3012879 said:
The forum's quiet while the meaning of 'on pace' slowly dawns on Bleu Star.

Slow, yeah! But I don't know about the dawning part. Or the forum being quiet- a lot of violin in the background

2much2soon

Reaction score
41gy#;3012525 said:
I remember the Giants in 2007. Everyone wrote them off. The last two years, the NFC East champion has lost to a Division opponent (at home) while having the best year or record in the NFC. Last year, everyone wrote the Eagles off.

Perhaps, Dallas will be a wildcard and return the favor. They are due.

Not only did everyone write off the Giants, the fanbase had pretty much given up on Manning according to one of their message boards I looked at during that time.

The big difference is that NY and Philly had HCs that had experienced some success. Coughlin was nearly always deep in the playoffs with JAX, and Reid has been to a SB and multiple NFC championship games.

Those guys have a very good track record.

Wade and Garrett don't.

Dallas' only chance is if the players go above and beyond to overcome the coaching.

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3012367 said:
Broaddus is on to something here

By dcfanatic, October 12, 2009 8:44 pm

Here's former Cowboys scout Bryan Broaddus on103.3 ESPN's Galloway and Company earlier today...

Broaddus on GAC

Every game I sit and watch this team flop around for three hours. We all know that they can't out of their own way most of the time and yet we are always waiting for them to 'get it together'.

Broaddus is genius in here. He's accepted what this coaching staff is and what they are going to do with this team.

It's simple, but it's brilliant. Why are we looking for this team to perform at a high level when they haven't done that in forever and a day.

The same song plays over and over. But for some reason we keep listening and trying to hear something different.

Just accept it for what it is.

I did that last week. I wasn't even upset during the entire game.

Like I said before, I'm done expecting another 13-3 season. I'm going to treat this season like its 2005 again and just try to fight for every win we can.

I'm done "expecting" wins.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
dcfanatic;3012367 said:
Broaddus is on to something here

By dcfanatic, October 12, 2009 8:44 pm

Here's former Cowboys scout Bryan Broaddus on103.3 ESPN's Galloway and Company earlier today...

Broaddus on GAC

Every game I sit and watch this team flop around for three hours. We all know that they can't out of their own way most of the time and yet we are always waiting for them to 'get it together'.

Broaddus is genius in here. He's accepted what this coaching staff is and what they are going to do with this team.

It's simple, but it's brilliant. Why are we looking for this team to perform at a high level when they haven't done that in forever and a day.

The same song plays over and over. But for some reason we keep listening and trying to hear something different.

Just accept it for what it is.

:donthear: I can't do it. We are going to bounce back. :cool:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Idgit;3012425 said:
No. It's not my job to provide you with a means of enjoying the football season.

We're on pace for a 10-win season as it is, and that's playing the sloppy football you've seen in the first five games. If that's evidence to pack it in in your book, by all means, pack it in. Try to bring as many whiney fans with you as you can.

Prove the future, ******!

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Huh.

I saw us getting torched on the ground at Tampa Bay giving up 174 yards. Now we've IMPROVED and have climbed up to allowing 106 a game which isn't bad. Point being we've improved.

Pass defense, improved and should be improved DRAMATICALLY but there are those who don't care about Marshall's hold. I do. I saw him shut down an entire game and resort to holding in order to get a completion.

The offense has looked unbeatable at times, and has looked like a work in progress at times. Regardless our running game is something to be reckoned with.

That said a non-optimist or whatever you are dressing yourselves up as today to make you feel better, will say we're screwed and will continue to lose games. The rest of the world can see we've improved in some areas as the season has progressed and are very close to turning the corner into a complete team ready to make a deep playoff run.

I'll never throw in the towel as long as the record books show a 32nd ranked run defense won the Super Bowl.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3013109 said:
Huh.

I saw us getting torched on the ground at Tampa Bay giving up 174 yards. Now we've IMPROVED and have climbed up to allowing 106 a game which isn't bad. Point being we've improved.

Pass defense, improved and should be improved DRAMATICALLY but there are those who don't care about Marshall's hold. I do. I saw him shut down an entire game and resort to holding in order to get a completion.

The offense has looked unbeatable at times, and has looked like a work in progress at times. Regardless our running game is something to be reckoned with.

That said a non-optimist or whatever you are dressing yourselves up as today to make you feel better, will say we're screwed and will continue to lose games. The rest of the world can see we've improved in some areas as the season has progressed and are very close to turning the corner into a complete team ready to make a deep playoff run.

I'll never throw in the towel as long as the record books show a 32nd ranked run defense won the Super Bowl.

Huh? Really? Wow. Just wow.

Aside from the bright rosy color of your words that blind me, for the record, no one is tossing in the towel. Some just see the team as very average. It's a team playing below expectations and underachieving. It's a team full of alleged "talent" that's just not putting it all together on the field. If you can't see that well then I should just let the rose color continue to permeate your world. You attempting to convince me that the team is poised for a deep playoff run is the equivalent to me attempting to convince you that Wade is a fraud, Garrett is barely competent, RW11 is a waste, and our players enjoy a country club atmosphere. It's pointless.

SaltwaterServr

Blank Paper Offends Me
Reaction score
Bleu Star;3013112 said:
Huh? Really? Wow. Just wow.

Aside from the bright rosy color of your words that blind me, for the record, no one is tossing in the towel. Some just see the team as very average. It's a team playing below expectations and underachieving. It's a team full of alleged "talent" that's just not putting it all together on the field. If you can't see that well then I should just let the rose color continue to permeate your world. You attempting to convince me that the team is poised for a deep playoff run is the equivalent to me attempting to convince you that Wade is a fraud, Garrett is barely competent, RW11 is a waste, and our players enjoy a country club atmosphere. It's pointless.

Some see the team as very average, and definitely don't want to look at any of the improvements we've made so far through 5 games. That's fine.

I wonder where the "Wade is a Fraud" mob was when we beat the 11-1 Packers in 2007?

Agreed with Garrett. Roy as well.

But you'll have to concede the fact that our running game is the absolute best in the league and we were one should have been called penalty and one bad throw/Felix Jones fumble from being 5-0.

We've gone toe-to-toe with two undefeated teams and only beat ourselves. If a **** ball bounces on a 20 degree tangent from where it did against the back of Jason Witten's shoe, we're 4-1 and right where I thought we'd be.

Folks love to deal in broad sweeping generalizations but really don't want to go back and look how many things had to go wrong for us and completely right for the Giants to sneak away with a win. That definitely bears mentioning.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
SaltwaterServr;3013138 said:
If a **** ball bounces on a 20 degree tangent from where it did against the back of Jason Witten's shoe, we're 4-1 and right where I thought we'd be.

Folks love to deal in broad sweeping generalizations but really don't want to go back and look how many things had to go wrong for us and completely right for the Giants to sneak away with a win. That definitely bears mentioning.

It didn't though. It bounced exactly where it was supposed to and the play happened exactly the way it was supposed to happen. That's life. If we deal in "ifs" then we'll never get very far at all. Romo was off that game. Bottom line. We lost. Accept it. He has definitely worked on his accuracy and it showed against the Chiefs. That's a positive to build upon. However, all roads still lead back to the spineless jellyfish Phillips. This team is so under achieveing right now.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
Bleu Star;3012599 said:

right........

We get 8 and Wade has pulled a rabbit out of the hat.