Audio: Romo won't bite on Brian Kenny Show

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Tony Romo won't bite on Brian Kenny Show

Here's Tony Romo answering some pretty good questions from ESPN's Brian Kenny...

Romo on Brian Kenny Show - July 15th

Romo is now very media savvy and he's guarded so you won't get much from him.

And this is a good thing. No need to stir up things right now because this team is ready for a great 2010 season.

There isn't no damn way in hell Terrell Owens comes to Dallas.

With that said I would really love to hear what Romo really thinks of Wade's philosophy. I am not so sure Romo wouldn't rather have a guy like Jason Garrett as the head coach of this team.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
good god.

Does espn have anyone on air that is not a complete blowhard.

He starts off by insinuating that romo has a big contract because he is a celebrity? what a moron.

everything romo has he has earned. then to pull that owens crap about coming back to Dallas, that has to be among the stupidest questions anyone will ask this year.

poost

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing Garrett be the head coach of this team, but I am also worried about the drop-off the defense would have without Wade. I think Garrett would be an excellent offensive minded HC, but we would have to find a way to maintain the level of defense Wade has put together.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
poost;3460549 said:
I wouldn't mind seeing Garrett be the head coach of this team, but I am also worried about the drop-off the defense would have without Wade. I think Garrett would be an excellent offensive minded HC, but we would have to find a way to maintain the level of defense Wade has put together.
I wouldn't be shocked if Garrett was the head coach after this season if we don't win a SB. I don't get why Wade can't be a defensive coordinator on this team with JG as head coach. Are there really teams out there that would be jumping to sign wade on as HC on their team if he refused to take a lesser role?

Staggerlee

chip_gilkey
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3460553 said:
I wouldn't be shocked if Garrett was the head coach after this season if we don't win a SB. I don't get why Wade can't be a defensive coordinator on this team with JG as head coach. Are there really teams out there that would be jumping to sign wade on as HC on their team if he refused to take a lesser role?

Im going to go out on a limb here and say yeah.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
chip_gilkey;3460554 said:
Im going to go out on a limb here and say yeah.
Teams that Wade would rather coach than the Cowboys as the DC though? :p:

poost

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3460553 said:

Well of course I would want wade to stay as defensive coordinator. I just don't see it happening. You don't get dropped as head coach for a team then decide to stay as d-coordinator. I would expect him to bring his scheme somewhere else, with maybe herring taking over as dc

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
I don't understand why Romo would prefer Jason Garrett over Wade as a HC. It's not like Garrett doesn't have free reign over the offense. The most I've seen Wade interject is when Garrett forgets to run the ball in a game and then Wade just makes sure they go back to running the ball to balance things out. But, that's really about it.

We've drafted offense under Wade as well. Remember those great ole Zimmer years where we wound up drafting a defensive player in the first round? Now that we have a great defensive mind in Wade, we don't need to do that every year.

And when the offense plays poorly, it's usually Wade that brings the blame upon himself and says he needed to do a better job.

Typically QB's will like offensive minded head coaches, but I think most QB's would dig playing for Wade because he allows the O-Coordinator and QB to have autonomy over the offense.

YR

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
SDCowboy85;3460558 said:
Teams that Wade would rather coach than the Cowboys as the DC though? :p:

Do you understand what pride is?

For Wade to take a demotion like that would make him look weak to the players.

Wade has far to much pride to allow that to happen.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Good for Tony!! He handled those questions perfectly. No bulletin board material, no headlines, no controversy. Just give them the old Texas Two Step.

:bow:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;3460622 said:
I don't understand why Romo would prefer Jason Garrett over Wade as a HC.
Yep, I'd like to hear some evidence for this rather than some poster projecting his personal opinion onto a player.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3460700 said:
Yep, I'd like to hear some evidence for this rather than some poster projecting his personal opinion onto a player.

Don't ask for evidence around here - you're liable to be called a "d-bag" and be told that you're "ignorant for not seeing it."

Trust me.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score

:laugh2:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score

Are you mad that I am of the opinion that Romo would want Garrett to be head coach over Wade?

LOL.

There is no evidence and I didn't claim there was any. Calm down Lil' Wade.

And the reason Romo might want Garrett to be the head coach over Wade?

The Cowboys would have one person in charge.

No more of these constant feelings of the team having two coordinators and no head coach. If Garrett gets the job he's in charge of everything. Just listen to Broaddus talk about how Wade and Garrett handled the 'teach the media' sessions they did.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Of course I'm not mad, Lil' Jason. I just wondered why you thought it. What has Romo said or done to lead you to that conclusion?

Oh wait, you just admitted there was no evidence Romo thinks that.

So never mind.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3460972 said:
Of course I'm not mad, Lil' Jason. I just wondered why you thought it. What has Romo said or done to lead you to that conclusion?

So never mind.

Is there any to prove he doesn't?

No. And I would think a QB who wants to win a Super Bowl would want to play on a team where everyone knows who the boss is.

And don't tell us Wade is the boss.

SDCowboy

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;3460972 said:

So never mind.
To be fare Tony and Jason seem to have a really close relationship. I don't know if that means he would prefer Jason as HC but I would be willing to bet he would rather Wade go than Jason.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
dcfanatic;3460990 said:
No. And I would think a QB who wants to win a Super Bowl would want to play on a team where everyone knows who the boss is.

And don't tell us Wade is the boss.

And don't tell me that Dungy was the boss in Indy. I'd say Peyton was as much of the boss of that team as Dungy or Polian were. And if either of them pissed Peyton off, they were gone. But they got along with Peyton and kept their jobs. And Dungy's defenses in Indy, which he was responsible for, were mostly mediocre to horrible.

And who was the boss in New England? Kraft? Belchick? Polian?

Sometimes having 'one boss' is a good thing, sometimes it's not using people around you to their best ability.

YR

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;3461018 said:
And don't tell me that Dungy was the boss in Indy. I'd say Peyton was as much of the boss of that team as Dungy or Polian were. And if either of them pissed Peyton off, they were gone. But they got along with Peyton and kept their jobs. And Dungy's defenses in Indy, which he was responsible for, were mostly mediocre to horrible.

And who was the boss in New England? Kraft? Belchick? Polian?

Sometimes having 'one boss' is a good thing, sometimes it's not using people around you to their best ability.

Belichick?

You can't really be questioning whether or not he runs things in NE.

Dungy was the boss. Tom Moore wasn't making just as much money as Dungy and he surely wasn't seen as the 'head coach in waiting'.