Audio: Spears talks about 'Friday Locker Room Thingy', lol

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
So the Dallas Cowboys have a team meeting about hushing the drama going on at Valley Ranch right now and the coaching staff advised the players to chill on talking about 'nothing going on' with the media.

So I am happy to report they all paid attention and there were no interviews done today.

Yeah right, lol.

Here's Marcus Spears on Sirius Radio from this afternoon talking about the 'Witten and T.O. go at it in the locker room' story which was reported earlier today by Mac Engel...

Spears talks about Friday

So no altercation. So no one had to be separated. But the guys were 'hashing some things out'.

Weren't they supposed to hash those things out in the 30 minute meeting they had just prior to going into the locker room?

And why did he agree to go on Sirius Radio today?

Why not just let things die down and focus on the game tomorrow night?

These players are addicted to the media's microphones.

And please let me get at least one email saying I made this interview up, lol.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
Sounds like there is absolutely nothing to all this BS.

Just as I thought.

And thanks for posting the interview.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Here used to be a rap song ...

"You talk too much. Homeboy, you never shut up. I said you talk too much, do you ever shut up?"

Why is it so hard for the Cowboys to shut their traps? :confused:

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
So, to recap this week:

1. Jason Garrett calls a meeting with all of the receivers.
2. Werder report comes out.
3. Team meeting to not talk to the media.
4. Witten and TO talk in order to "hash things out."

That's some scary stuff there. Thrilling to say the least.

Or something.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2488273 said:
No altercation?

Sounds familiar.

LOL. If both T.O. and Witten came out Sunday night with two black eyes Spears would still be saying there was no altercation.

I think it was kind of sad that he was one of the team leaders who spoke up in the Friday meeting.

A real team leader would not have been on Sirius Radio today blabbing.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dcfanatic;2488292 said:
LOL. If both T.O. and Witten came out Sunday night with two black eyes Spears would still be saying there was no altercation.

I think it was kind of sad that he was one of the team leaders who spoke up in the Friday meeting.

You listening to what he is saying about TO in the locker room?

Very revealing.

3 unnamed sources? Pfft. Riiiiiiiiiiiight.

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
The simplest answer is most often the true one.

Option 1: There was no altercation, the WRs went to some meetings with their coach, the coaches told them to ignore all this drama fueled by media.

Option 2: Three sources (Close to Cowboys, employed by a team member or a team member themselves) have stated that not only is TO constantly complaining, but he thinks there's a conspiracy not to get him the ball despite all coaching/owner statements to the contrary.

TO is dividing the locker room and it has gotten so bad that he and Witten have almost come to blows. All team members/staff/associated people have been instructed to keep the party line about how it's all malarky, just business as usual so that nobody will know what's really going on.

Random laughter during teammate interviews is encouraged to help hold up the perception that all is a-ok.

Seems like a no-brainer.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2488292 said:

It seems like a scheduled appearance with regular media. Did you hear little kids in the background, so he was probably was at home doing this thing. Also, he didn't really engage in BS, just talked about Giants/Steelers/Romo bouncing back, Jacobs not being there. I don't understand the big deal? Why he deserves his leadership status revoked...

Boysboy

Reaction score
Honestly-I'm still on the fence.

If we come out on Sun night and pull and stinker, yeah...there are gonna be ALOT of unanswered questions.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
This is one heckuva quote.

Worried about this affecting the team? "Not at all. We'll be absolutely ready to play. Guys will be making plays. .... A lot of things go on within teams. As long as it gets fixed inhouse it's not a problem. With this thing, the media just caught wind of it and blew it out of proportion. If you were a fly on the wall and sat in at our meetings and practices, you would think it was a whole other team that the media was talking about. ... [Terrell Owens] hasn't caused any problems in our locker room. None whatsoever. It's almost like people want him to do something or cause something to happen, so it'll be news. But there's nothing going on."

Oldschool7

Benched
Reaction score
Overall I like Spears. Handles himself in a relatively humble and manly manner. Solid player.

But there's no news here. He's just giving the Jerry-party-line in his answers.

Smart guy. Collect a paycheck. Go home. Have a life. As far as getting honesty in that kind of forum? Marcus is way too smart to go there.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Oldschool7;2488408 said:
Overall I like Spears. Handles himself in a relatively humble and manly manner. Solid player.

But there's no news here. He's just giving the Jerry-party-line in his answers.

Smart guy. Collect a paycheck. Go home. Have a life. As far as getting honesty in that kind of forum? Marcus is way too smart to go there.
You didn't listen to it all did you?

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2488380 said:
It seems like a scheduled appearance with regular media. Did you hear little kids in the background, so he was probably was at home doing this thing. Also, he didn't really engage in BS, just talked about Giants/Steelers/Romo bouncing back, Jacobs not being there. I don't understand the big deal? Why he deserves his leadership status revoked...

Scheduled appearance? lol.

Name another NFL player who has a regular Sat gig on Sirius. There isn't any. Half the time they are on the road.

As far as even doing the interview.

He was just in a 'special' meeting called by his head coach the day before about not letting the media divide the team!!!

The last thing he needs to be doing less than 24 hours later is once again opening his fat trap to the media about 'nothing going on'.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
tyke1doe;2488244 said:
Here used to be a rap song ...

"You talk too much. Homeboy, you never shut up. I said you talk too much, do you ever shut up?"

Why is it so hard for the Cowboys to shut their traps? :confused:

What cha you gonna do when **** hits the fan, take it like man, or snitch like a *****?

Also was a rap line....

newlander

Reaction score
dcfanatic is right. I had the same point earlier in the week when Newman shot off his mouth. I don't doubt we COULD win this game tonight. But with these cast of characters and their lack of discipline and focus on and OFF the field....no WAY we make the playoffs. Just don't see it....................

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
theogt;2488393 said:
This is one heckuva quote.

Worried about this affecting the team? "Not at all. We'll be absolutely ready to play. Guys will be making plays. .... A lot of things go on within teams. As long as it gets fixed inhouse it's not a problem. With this thing, the media just caught wind of it and blew it out of proportion. If you were a fly on the wall and sat in at our meetings and practices, you would think it was a whole other team that the media was talking about. ... [Terrell Owens] hasn't caused any problems in our locker room. None whatsoever. It's almost like people want him to do something or cause something to happen, so it'll be news. But there's nothing going on."
Says a lot that people have their fingers in their ears to this doesn't it?

Sensationalism or journalism? You decide. For me, I saw this coming. It didn't divide the team as some hope. Too bad, so sad, egads.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
theogt;2488245 said:
So, to recap this week:

1. TO says that he's jolly, and trashes Keyshawn Johnson in an interview.
2. Jason Garrett calls a meeting with all of the receivers.
3. Werder report comes out the very next day after the Keyshawn trash-talk.
4. Team meeting to not talk to the media.
5. Witten and TO talk in order to "hash things out."

That's some scary stuff there. Thrilling to say the least.

Or something.

Made a few changes for you above.

bigE79

Reaction score
I think you guys need to go to dc.com and listen to the radio rd show from last night,its only 22min long and it was really good...DWARE gets into it with a giants fan...classic:star:

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
bigE79;2488613 said:
I think you guys need to go to dc.com and listen to the radio rd show from last night,its only 22min long and it was really good...DWARE gets into it with a giants fan...classic:star:

How dares they do any media event!

The coach just said no tearing us apart with the media.

Ware loses his leadership status!

:rolleyes: