Audio: Spears talks about 'Friday Locker Room Thingy', lol

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Spears seemed pretty genuine to me that nothing is going on quite the way it's being reported. I have no reason to say he's lieing or anything. I certainly wasn't there.

I do understand, however, how some people would still find it hard to believe that this was all made up, or whatever, just because some players are saying nothing happened. I mean it's not out of the realm of possibility that guys like Spears, or others, would say "There is nothing going on. It's all fine." because they're not going to try and blow things up and throw their teammates under the bus.

I don't believe that's what going on here, I think this likely very much got blown up into something it wasn't, but that is just me putting faith in my favorite team to not let things like this happen.

I wouldn't close the door 100% on nothing like what has been reported going on but I just highly doubt it.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
theogt;2488245 said:
So, to recap this week:

1. Jason Garrett calls a meeting with all of the receivers.
2. Werder report comes out.
3. Team meeting to not talk to the media.
4. Witten and TO talk in order to "hash things out."

That's some scary stuff there. Thrilling to say the least.

Or something.

:laugh2:

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
bigE79;2488613 said:
..DWARE gets into it with a giants fan...classic:star:

I want him and several of his buddies to "get into it" with Eli tonight...the more times they beat him down, the better.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
dbair1967;2488637 said:
I want him and several of his buddies to "get into it" with Eli tonight...the more times they beat him down, the better.

No doubt. As long as they contain Ward then they'll have plenty of chances to play "Let's Meet At The Quarterback".

I'd love it if Ware got 3 or 4 sacks tonight so that he'd have a real shot at possibly taking the record from Strahan.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Vintage;2488464 said:
What cha you gonna do when **** hits the fan, take it like man, or snitch like a *****?

Also was a rap line....
I mean, the macaroni’s soggy the peas are mushed
and the chicken tastes like wood.

cbartel81

Reaction score
It is amazing to me that people really think this is news. Anytime you lose a game like they lost last week there is going to be rifts among teammate and coaches. It happens when you have a competetive group of guys that are underachieving. There are team and player "come to jesus meetings" all the time, but it makes news and people think it doesn't happen on every football team in the country. This is not news. As a coach, just because I have a few player come talk to me about problems in the offense, or a few choice words at practice between teammates, or even a fight between them doesn't mean that things falling apart. After a loss like that one tensions are going to be high. You expect that. You almost count on it because it gives you a little more fire and an edge come gameday. There are a lot of guys that play better when they are ticked-off and play with a chip on their shoulder. I do not look at these events that have taken place as a problem, I see them as a platform to kick a little NY butt on gameday.

Deefens

Reaction score
cbartel81;2489212 said:
It is amazing to me that people really think this is news. Anytime you lose a game like they lost last week there is going to be rifts among teammate and coaches. It happens when you have a competetive group of guys that are underachieving. There are team and player "come to jesus meetings" all the time, but it makes news and people think it doesn't happen on every football team in the country. This is not news. As a coach, just because I have a few player come talk to me about problems in the offense, or a few choice words at practice between teammates, or even a fight between them doesn't mean that things falling apart. After a loss like that one tensions are going to be high. You expect that. You almost count on it because it gives you a little more fire and an edge come gameday. There are a lot of guys that play better when they are ticked-off and play with a chip on their shoulder. I do not look at these events that have taken place as a problem, I see them as a platform to kick a little NY butt on gameday.

I agree with you, it's getting very annoying having this overblown crap pushed down our throats.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
cbartel81;2489212 said:

Wow ....... first post in almost 2 1/2 years and you home run it.

Grats and please post more.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Bottom line: I think TO and Witten are fine. It was only last year that they were the 1-2 punch(pun intended) affectionately labeled "White/Chocolate" by TO.

TO just wants to win.
He wants the ball to help win.

I am sure he would welcome back the 1-2 punch of "White/Chocolate"

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2488243 said:
Sounds like there is absolutely nothing to all this BS.

Just as I thought.

And thanks for posting the interview.

You seriously believe that all of this has been made up? That there is no validity to ANY of it?

Cmon, I know we're all Cowboy fans here, but seriously? Players aren't going to come out now and say that there is beef between players yada yada yada. They're going to say the right things to try and defuse the situation and try to focus on football.

But make no mistake about it, where there's smoke, there's fire.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2489277 said:
You seriously believe that all of this has been made up? That there is no validity to ANY of it?

Cmon, I know we're all Cowboy fans here, but seriously? Players aren't going to come out now and say that there is beef between players yada yada yada. They're going to say the right things to try and defuse the situation and try to focus on football.

Yeah, I do. Well not all. But the whole confrontation thing, the severity of it, the bitterness supposedly of To over Witen's and Romo's relationship.

Yeah, I think it's a bunch of BS to make headlines for the media.

What I think is real is that Owens said he wants the ball more. What makes him different than any other great WR? They all do and some even write a book about it.

It was blown out of proportion and is nothing more than a player wanting to help his team win. And since it's TO and people WANT him to fail, you end up with this stupid stuff.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
bigE79;2488613 said:
I think you guys need to go to dc.com and listen to the radio rd show from last night,its only 22min long and it was really good...DWARE gets into it with a giants fan...classic:star:
:lmao: Bennett asking the giants fan if he gave Plaxico the gun

and D-Ware "don't shoot yourself" hahaha

yimyammer

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2489287 said:
What I think is real is that Owens said he wants the ball more. What makes him different than any other great WR? .

The way he goes about asking/demanding for the ball and voicing his concerns. After all these years, he still doesn't get it or what may be worse is that he totally gets it and thrives on the attention and drama he knows he can so easily create.

I don't recall Irvin ever causing anything in the stratosphere of the level of disuption T.O. causes. Irvin was all team. TO may be team oriented on some level, but its sure hard to tell.

He quits on routes, pouts and I rarely, if ever, see him protecting his QB.

Irvin was always looking out for his QB in word & deed. He wouldn't throw his QB under the bus to the media and when his QB made a bad pass, he was quick to turn into a defender to protect his QB.

Listen to Irvins' commentary in the Americas Team episode on how he scored in the first Super Bowl he won when we were playing Buffalo. He cut his route short and realized he had put Troys pass at risk of being intercepted. So, in an effort to break up the ball he kicked his leg out trying to get in a position to somehow keep the defender from picking off the pass and miraculously he ended up in a position to make the catch himself.

I'm not trying to pile on TO, but I'm sick of there not being a team appraoch to our Cowboys. So I am mostly pissed at Jerry for constantly allowing the circus to occur by not getting a coach that won't stand for this type of stuff and for not putting more faith in the quality players we have on this team as well as the coaches and scouts to develop receivers so we don't have to be vulnerable to a player like TO.

We have some amazing quality guys that I am convinced are capable leaders and the core of our future. Guys like Ware, Romo, Witten, Barber, T Choice, Ratliff, Scandrick and Keith Davis have the attitude, work ethic and character to build a championship team around. The coaches should be pushing these guys to the forefront and TO to the back. Regardless of whether TO ever said a word or caused a stink, he's going to be what, 37 next season? The guys I mentioned are our future, not TO.

Cajuncowboy

Preacher From The Black Lagoon
Reaction score
yimyammer;2489528 said:
The way he goes about asking/demanding for the ball and voicing his concerns. After all these years, he still doesn't get it or what may be worse is that he totally gets it and thrives on the attention and drama he knows he can so easily create.

I don't recall Irvin ever causing anything in the stratosphere of the level of disuption T.O. causes. Irvin was all team. TO may be team oriented on some level, but its sure hard to tell.

He quits on routes, pouts and I rarely, if ever, see him protecting his QB.

Irvin was always looking out for his QB in word & deed. He wouldn't throw his QB under the bus to the media and when his QB made a bad pass, he was quick to turn into a defender to protect his QB.

Listen to Irvins' commentary in the Americas Team episode on how he scored in the first Super Bowl he won when we were playing Buffalo. He cut his route short and realized he had put Troys pass at risk of being intercepted. So, in an effort to break up the ball he kicked his leg out trying to get in a position to somehow keep the defender from picking off the pass and miraculously he ended up in a position to make the catch himself.

I'm not trying to pile on TO, but I'm sick of there not being a team appraoch to our Cowboys. So I am mostly pissed at Jerry for constantly allowing the circus to occur by not getting a coach that won't stand for this type of stuff and for not putting more faith in the quality players we have on this team as well as the coaches and scouts to develop receivers so we don't have to be vulnerable to a player like TO.

We have some amazing quality guys that I am convinced are capable leaders and the core of our future. Guys like Ware, Romo, Witten, Barber, T Choice, Ratliff, Scandrick and Keith Davis have the attitude, work ethic and character to build a championship team around. The coaches should be pushing these guys to the forefront and TO to the back. Regardless of whether TO ever said a word or caused a stink, he's going to be what, 37 next season? The guys I mentioned are our future, not TO.

How can Jerry control the media who creates the circus? All of this was taken care of in house and some media blow hard blows it sky high. So what if TO complained he didn't get balls thrown to him? You only her this after a loss. He is a team player but he says the truth when he says "When you get the ball in my hands good things happen."

You can't deny that. And watching Romo force so many passes that eventually cost us games is getting old. I like romo and witten. As a matter of fact Witten is my favorite offensive player. But I don't think this current issue is TO creating it as the media blowing it up.

RoadRunner

Reaction score
NextGenBoys;2489277 said:

I do sincerely believe that all of this was made up either by Werder, or his anonymous source that may have a personal axe to grind unrelated to the business of running a football team.

The fact that his anonymous source is too chicken to come forward with the charges so the defendents can face their accusor is clue number 1. This is just football. its not Watergate, and the anonymous source has no fear of losing life, just the fear of being made to look like a fool if this is all overblown BS.

The very most that happened was some hot headed players after blowing a tough game to Pitt. Happens to every team from high school to pros. The difference here is that the tabloid "journalism" gets ratings.

yimyammer

Reaction score
Cajuncowboy;2489549 said:
How can Jerry control the media who creates the circus? All of this was taken care of in house and some media blow hard blows it sky high. So what if TO complained he didn't get balls thrown to him? You only her this after a loss. He is a team player but he says the truth when he says "When you get the ball in my hands good things happen."

You can't deny that. And watching Romo force so many passes that eventually cost us games is getting old. I like romo and witten. As a matter of fact Witten is my favorite offensive player. But I don't think this current issue is TO creating it as the media blowing it up.

I can blame Jerry because he sets a tone where the players are too available to media and they do not unite to keep info in house. He allows them to be distracted by Hard Knocks and relentless media attention. This can be curtailed and is in New England as it used to be under Parcells. He sets the tone with his no news is bad news approach in order to keep his team in the public eye. I assure you that this team would not lose any coverage if they would just win. Winning is the best marketing.

I didn't say Romo is perfect and I'm aggravated that he forces so many passes, but all of TO's unjustified belly aching does is put pressure on Romo to force the ball even more to a player that the defense is keying on. A team player would be happy pulling coverage so other players could catch more balls. You'll never convince me that TO doesn't put more pressure on Romo to get him the ball with the end result being he forces too many balls to TO and keeps Romo from spreading the ball around which would only benefit everyone.

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;2488620 said:
How dares they do any media event!

The coach just said no tearing us apart with the media.

Ware loses his leadership status!

:rolleyes:

So now the DC.com radio shows are going to dig and poke and try to get info on the juicy stuff like the media who isn't employed by Jerry Jones would?
:lmao2:

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
cbartel81;2489212 said:

You better hope this brings them together as a family coach.

And what's gonna happen if they lose and T.O. doesn't have more than 3 catches tonight?

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
dcfanatic;2488292 said:
LOL. If both T.O. and Witten came out Sunday night with two black eyes Spears would still be saying there was no altercation.

I think it was kind of sad that he was one of the team leaders who spoke up in the Friday meeting.

A real team leader would not have been on Sirius Radio today blabbing.

I don't have a problem with it because Sirius is excellent in their coverage of the NFL and doesn't sensationalize. BSP...err, I mean ESPN on the other hand.

YAKUZA