Audio: Tashard Choice talks about role for Cowboys

dcfanatic

Benched
Reaction score
Tashard Choice talks about role for Cowboys

Huge thanks to @tweetgrubes on Twitter (Grubes from The Ticket) for hooking me up with this Tashard Choice interview he did last Friday on The Ticket.

Here's Tashard talking about his role with the Cowboys on The Hardliners...

Choice talks Cowboys with The Hardliners

Tashard is a good kid who is probably never going to be the type of guy who will start barking about his playing time or his role with the team, but you have know that he would love nothing more than to move up the depth chart at least one spot.

Is he better than Marion Barber? That's the big question. It's not about Felix.

Choice isn't a home run threat and he's more suited to do the things Barber does in this offense these days. So because the Cowboys allowed Felix to slip into the lead role at the end of last season we now have to wonder how this will affect the roles of Barber and Choice in 2010.

The Cowboys also have to feel like Choice has value. Are they using him enough in their offense to warrant keeping him on the team when they may able to trade him for draft pick and just allow Barber and Felix handle all of the RB duties.

What about having quality backups in case of injury? This may be the exact reason we see all three of these RB's back on the team in 2010 with a plan of just designing the week to week game plans depending on the opponent and the health of these guys. This is not the news the players want to hear because I am sure they all want more touches, but it's probably the best plan for the success of the team.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Choice may not be a "homerun threat" but he is a big play threat who can occasionally give you the homerun.

JBS

Reaction score
I absolutely love this kid man...He is slowly but surely becoming one of my favorite players on this team..

BHendri5

Reaction score
People like to make the simple things hard, and try to make the hard things seem simple.
It is not a hard choice to go with T. Choice

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I agree. With the past injuries to Barber and Felix I think it prudent to keep TC around.