Austin Davis Cut

bodi

Reaction score
The Rams cut quarterback Austin Davis as part of getting their roster to 53.

he threw for 300+ against us last year almost beat us

I'd be all over this guy

Southern Miss Stats

His final college stats were: 933-1527 (61.1%) for 10,898 yards, 83 touchdowns against just 27 interceptions. He also ran the ball 460 times for 1,375 yards and 25 touchdowns. He also caught 2 passes for 25 yards and a touchdown. Davis accounted for 109 touchdowns in his four-year career.[20]

RAMS STATS

Pass Attempts: 284
Pass Completions: 180
Percentage: 63.4
Passing Yards :2,001
TD–INT: 12–9
Passer Rating: 85.

Last edited:

Macnalty

Reaction score
Who do you drop if you pick this guy up? Swaim, Coleman, Bishop, McCray,Weems, Weeden?

bodi

Reaction score
heck I don't care

but this kid can play at a lot better than Vaughan or our Poor mans RG3

we have to keep Weeden - this year then next year I drop him

I would like to keep Swaim tho

the others MEH

bodi

Reaction score
give me Davis

a RB

an Raheem Mostert as KR/PR

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would rather get a guy who may be able to learn and win a game or two in a pinch as opposed to the guy who knows they system and still wouldn't be able to move the ball

Ken

Reaction score
I am in total agreeement. IF they can grab this guy, I think we would be in good shape at backup qb. I also think he has upside.

basstapp

Reaction score
I'd cut McCray and pickup davis. Then once hardy comes back I'm cutting weeded since davis will be more familiar with the system.

Proximo

Reaction score
If he's worth a damn why did the Rams cut him?

Not being a smart***. Serious question.

It's not like they're oozing talent at the QB position over there. Did he look really bad in preseason and/or camp?

On the surface I think he's better than Weeden, but then again I haven't really paid any attention to Davis the last few months.

Aven8

Reaction score
This is the dude I wanted to trade for!! Get after him! He has youth, promise, and moxie. 3 things that Weeden doesn't have!!

He would be a great backup and possibly future starter.

bodi

Reaction score
got

It's not like they're oozing talent at the QB position over there. Did he look really bad in preseason and/or camp?

On the surface I think he's better than Weeden, but then again I haven't really paid any attention to Davis the last few months.

got caught up in numbers game

they drafted Mannion - kept Keenum

Casey Keenum/Austin Davis, St.Louis Rams

Finally, some young guns, and some promising ones at that. Individually, neither of these quarterbacks would probably appear on this list, but together, they make for a pair of incredibly raw and talented prospects. Case Keenum got his big break in 2013 with Houston (the worst team in football that year) and lost all eight games he played in. Not much to brag about there, but Keenum displayed he was a natural at slinging the rock. Throwing was nothing new for him, he was a prolific college quarterback at Houston where breaking records was his hobby. Glimpses of talent were definitely apparent for Keenum as a Texan, so we will see where his new location and future takes him.

Austin Davis got a shot a year ago after Sam Bradford tore his ACL, and he too offered some promise. Although he went through some ups and downs in ten games, Davis threw for 2,000 yards, 12 TDs, and had a QB rating of 85 while completing 63% of his passes. The Rams have some options within their depth chart.

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
There was something about Davis as the year went on, I can't remember, but he played really well for a few games, then was average to poor for 3 games, and then never played again. Did he get hurt, or was it a matter of teams finding a hole in his game after getting a few games of film on him?

I don't know. I mean, STL had Foles, Keenum, and Davis, yet still drafted Mannion, albeit I believe in the 6th round. Something tells me they weren't all that high on Davis by the offseason, and you have to be leery of something like that.

One thing I do know, is there is often a lot more info about a player that the teams are privy to, that we never know about. I'm sure Dallas has scouted him and done homework on him. But if there's a red flag (or several), don't expect anything.

Questfor6

Reaction score

They cut him because they don't want to look stupid for wasting a pick on Mannion, who's terrible

ifixoldhouses

Reaction score
The Rams cut quarterback Austin Davis as part of getting their roster to 53.

he threw for 300+ against us last year almost beat us

I'd be all over this guy

Southern Miss Stats

His final college stats were: 933-1527 (61.1%) for 10,898 yards, 83 touchdowns against just 27 interceptions. He also ran the ball 460 times for 1,375 yards and 25 touchdowns. He also caught 2 passes for 25 yards and a touchdown. Davis accounted for 109 touchdowns in his four-year career.[20]

RAMS STATS

Pass Attempts: 284
Pass Completions: 180
Percentage: 63.4
Passing Yards :2,001
TD–INT: 12–9
Passer Rating: 85.

Oh yeah I remember him Austin Manning