Austin Davis Cut

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Not hate, just don't think he can win ANY games if Romo goes down. As in none.

Nope.....
Didn't Austin Davis already sign somewhere else?

And on Weeden, he had 1 full week of prep last year and was surrounded by weapons. He still didn't do jack squat.

Reactions: BAT

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Nope.....
Didn't Austin Davis already sign somewhere else?

And on Weeden, he had 1 full week of prep last year and was surrounded by weapons. He still didn't do jack squat.

Believe Browns signed him. Could not agree more about Weeden.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Yeah, Manziel will probably get the start for the Browns. But Austin Davis did get some 1st team reps in practice.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Not hate, just don't think he can win ANY games if Romo goes down. As in none.

OK now what? I think he is OK until the pressure hits, like most QB's. If we can turn him into a bus driver we have a chance with this Oline.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
OK now what? I think he is OK until the pressure hits, like most QB's. If we can turn him into a bus driver we have a chance with this Oline.

If Cowboys place Romo on IR eligible to return then they need another QB. If that QB doesn't have any experience in Garrett's system, then it makes more sense to lean on the OL and running game by implementing read option system. This would play to our strength instead of relying on QBs who are not very good or with limited experience/skill sets. There is a reason these guys are available or back up players.

Tebow or Pryor would be my preferences to run read option, even if only as a special package, e.g. goal line, short yardage and/or 2 point conversions. Running the ball (whether its QB or RB, makes no difference to me) controls the clock, limits mistakes and plays to the OL's supposed strengths.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
Ponder has better Pro QB skills than Tebow or Pryor, he more accurate and could run this Offense as a backup to Weeden just in case.

Macnalty

Reaction score
If Cowboys place Romo on IR eligible to return then they need another QB. If that QB doesn't have any experience in Garrett's system, then it makes more sense to lean on the OL and running game by implementing read option system. This would play to our strength instead of relying on QBs who are not very good or with limited experience/skill sets. There is a reason these guys are available or back up players.

Tebow or Pryor would be my preferences to run read option, even if only as a special package, e.g. goal line, short yardage and/or 2 point conversions. Running the ball (whether its QB or RB, makes no difference to me) controls the clock, limits mistakes and plays to the OL's supposed strengths.

We are working on three games into the season so our options are bottom of the barrel, I am starting to think the defense can keep us in most games if we stop the turnovers and penalties. Tebow and read option with this Oline sounds intriguing.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
We are working on three games into the season so our options are bottom of the barrel, I am starting to think the defense can keep us in most games if we stop the turnovers and penalties. Tebow and read option with this Oline sounds intriguing.

Our defense works best against teams with offenses that like to spread defenses out. If we get a team that likes to hammer up the gut, Cowboys D will wear down. Especially while Ro and Hardy are out. Atlanta will be interesting since they are run oriented but their best receivers are nicked, I'm more concerned about NE, they love to set up the middle seam routes for big plays by keeping everything underneath first.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Our defense works best against teams with offenses that like to spread defenses out. If we get a team that likes to hammer up the gut, Cowboys D will wear down. Especially while Ro and Hardy are out. Atlanta will be interesting since they are run oriented but their best receivers are nicked, I'm more concerned about NE, they love to set up the middle seam routes for big plays by keeping everything underneath first.

We would of been concerned with NE even with Tony and Gregory back on the starting team.
Atlanta Oline is a hot mess, they will be throwing quick strikes to the backs and Julio Jones, not a lot of deep passes although I think he could easily make those.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
We would of been concerned with NE even with Tony and Gregory back on the starting team.
Atlanta Oline is a hot mess, they will be throwing quick strikes to the backs and Julio Jones, not a lot of deep passes although I think he could easily make those.

With Romo, we could keep up with them on offense, trading TDs, now not so much. Atlanta will be running Freeman with Coleman out with broken ribs, he is more of a hammer. These are kind of backs that we've had trouble with in past.

Macnalty

Reaction score
With Romo, we could keep up with them on offense, trading TDs, now not so much. Atlanta will be running Freeman with Coleman out with broken ribs, he is more of a hammer. These are kind of backs that we've had trouble with in past.

He is a good back but nothing great, not so sure we worry so much about their running game as that quick pass that Ryan throws, both Eagles and Giants allowed Jones to feast on the YAC, then the rest of the WR's started making catches. The Falcons have lots of warts with that Oline and Ryan is a far cry from Brady,Brees,Rivers, and Romo. Would say he is closer to Andy Dalton. If we can close down Julio Jones they turn into a pumpkin.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
With Romo, we could keep up with them on offense, trading TDs, now not so much.

This part was in reference to Brady and the Pats, so apologies if not clear. Not worried about Atlanta actually, not saying it will be easy with Weeden and company but if the same D shows up like they did first 2 games then even with Weeden it should be a win.

Macnalty

Reaction score
This part was in reference to Brady and the Pats, so apologies if not clear. Not worried about Atlanta actually, not saying it will be easy with Weeden and company but if the same D shows up like they did first 2 games then even with Weeden it should be a win.

Pats are playing well, hard to believe that Green Bay is playing better. We will be stressed that game with the Pats I see the Falcons and Saints as reasonable games for the currently staffed team. I am excited that Gregory is almost back and Hardy is just around the corner, we are going to be stepping on some opponents necks with that defense. Geez I forgot about McClain and the hammer he can bring when his mind is made up. Wow we have some ammo lets hope the offense lets us use it.

Reactions: BAT