Austin steadily looking more polished - WR thoughts

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Even if you want to call TO for all of his faults. I do often.

IF you want to call fumble his fault last week.. I believe thats one in less than 3 seasons... so fine.

His contributions HEAVILY outweigh what it would be without him here.

Gotta hit TO in stride.... its all rainbows and butterflies after that ;)

Lifetimeboyzfan

Reaction score
Future;2426665 said:
I know he's number 1 as long as he is here...But T.O. could be on the bubble simply because he's not producing. Doesn't matter if its his fault or not.

The fact that we need to force him the ball is going to keep hurting this offense IMO unless we start using him consistently on those deep crosses. He's lost the step he had where he could take a WR screen to the house.

This is just plain silly. If defenses are committing 2 and 3 guys to stop him that creates opportunities for everyone else. It seems as though you are saying we shouldn't force it to him, yet hold him accountable for balls not being thrown his way?:confused:

Are you a TO hater by chance?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
LarryCanadian;2426364 said:
4. Austin is moving up the chart, and steadily. He is going to the ball now, catching with hands (I see progress even from start of this season, where I still thought he didn't go up for it decisively for his size and height). His agility and speed and route running just seem far more polished now. He is quick after catch. He looks alert and focussed and dangerous. We should continue to increase his touches.

how he burned Carlos Rogers w/ his route on that 16-yard, sliding catch was a thing of beauty

he went one way, and Carlos Rogers went the other

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Future;2426665 said:
I know he's number 1 as long as he is here...But T.O. could be on the bubble simply because he's not producing. Doesn't matter if its his fault or not.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
theogt;2426670 said:
Eventually I'd like to see RW11 get the Randy Moss treatment. Just send him downfield and throw at him, even if he's covered. He'll come down with the ball.

Amen. I kept hoping for that last night when we were struggling to make something happen in the second half. Roy can take it away from people even if he's covered.

I guess Bennett kinda did the same thing, though. :)