Austin still in concussion protocol

Blackthorn

Reaction score
This is tough on the team. The dude must have fell off the bench during the first game. He is patched together with bailing wire and papier-mache. I thought he would have been released during the final cuts to the 53....... Cobb is an upgrade to Austin. Maybe, the FO is thinking that between the often injured Austin and Cobb that together they could fill one WR spot. Next man up, I guess........hmmm, this week is a bye week, hopefully, just hopefully, he ready for the Saints and Packers. More snaps to Pollard

Last edited:

garyo1954

Reaction score
If brain damage keeps off the streets, then go get some of that brain damage!

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I don't think anyone needs to be released when Gallup returns, they're all on the 53-man roster already.

Thought I read Wilson was called up from PS or is that other Wilson? My point is I'm moving on from Austin......

jujoboys

Reaction score
Simply unreliable.......when Gallup returns, I say release Austin and keep Wilson.

This is actually good news. Not good news that he has a concussion but good news that he may not play. I don't trust him to make catches when the ball is throw to him. I cringe every time I see him returning a punt because I am afraid he is going to fumble. When the football is in his hands, being thrown his way, or punted his way it just causes anxiety for me. I just think that he is a very fast guy that isn't actually a good football player.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't need him for this next game anyway, save him for the NO and GB games.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does anyone even remember the play where he got the concussion?

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
Simply unreliable.......when Gallup returns, I say release Austin and keep Wilson.

I stated last week that he will miss substantial time. His concussion symptoms came on three days after the game with no noticeable impact during the game that might have caused it. Absolutely never a good sign and these mysterious concussions have always seemed to linger.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't think anyone needs to be released when Gallup returns, they're all on the 53-man roster already.

Right. It might be different if we need a roster spot for another position, but there's simply no need to cut Austin at this point.

Some say Pollard can do everything Austin can do, but have we really seen that so far? Wilson looked good in the preseason, but we haven't even seen him in a regular-season game so far? I have yet to figure out why some are in such a hurry to discard our players.