Available free agent DEs/Edge rushers

Verdict

Reaction score
THIS is what happens when your front office invests too much in skill players and not enough in trench players/edge rushers. One injury should NOT completely **** you in, around, and up the *** the way it does to this team. Yes, Lawrence would be a big loss to any team, but if we had even a tiny semblance of DEPTH, we wouldn't be AS screwed as we currently appear to be (barring some kind of unexpected standout play by one of our rookie D-Linemen, of course.)
You are WAY overvaluing Lawrence in an IN, AROUND and UP kind of way. LOL.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Only reason we did not go 3-4 is because we are paying Demarcus Lawrence.

We're short on 4-3 DT talent as it is also.

Time to go 3-4. Get it over with.

We were probably going to get rid of Tank and his cap, along with Jaylon next year anyways.

3-4. Randy Gregory is now a rushing 3-4 outside LB and so is Micah Parsons a la Von Miller and Demarcus Ware.

Wolf Hunter in the middle with Neal and/or Jaylon.

Bohana or whatever other plugger in the middle, Osi and the other undersized DT's playing end. It's like it was meant to be.
Randy Gregory was a 4-3 RDE in college. Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith played in 4-3 defenses in college. Micah Parsons was a MLB in a Penn St. 4-3 D that has been that colleges defense sense Paterno. Osi played DT in a 4-3 defense at UCLA and same for Gholston. Only Bohana played in a 3-4 D.

Why would the same players in a different defense be better than what they were before.

You are what you are.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I must have missed this Chauncey Golston that dominated college football as a pass rusher.

He was drafted to be another ineffective tweener like Tyrone Crawford.
You didnt miss it, but he is probably the best of a very weak bunch. If we dont make a move, he is probably playing 40 snaps a game soon

cowboyec

Reaction score
i'll get torched for this but i don't care.
i'd bring taco in for a work-out.
i'd also take a look at barkevious mingo.
jason strowbridge was a guy i wanted in the draft...i'd bring him in for a look.

but i don't think they will.
i think they'll roll with what they have in house.

rambo2

Reaction score
Other than he's a 3rd round reach rookie with no camp or preseason and you didn't know who he even was until he was drafted, no there's no problem with him.
So, you would sign a player off the street that doesn't have a job? Also, you are wrong. I did know who he was before the draft. I do a lot of draft research every year.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So, you would sign a player off the street that doesn't have a job? Also, you are wrong. I did know who he was before the draft. I do a lot of draft research every year.

When did I say I would sign a street free agent? I'm just not going to pretend everything's fine because some 3rd round reach with no preparation is ready to go.

Sure I'm wrong about your knowledge of his existence. That's why you'll never produce a post before the draft about your love for Chauncey Golston. It was a secret love affair.

rambo2

Reaction score
When did I say I would sign a street free agent? I'm just not going to pretend everything's fine because some 3rd round reach with no preparation is ready to go.

Sure I'm wrong about your knowledge of his existence. That's why you'll never produce a post before the draft about your love for Chauncey Golston. It was a secret love affair.
What a smart mouth you have. I think that Golston is a solid player. We will just have to see how he does.

Mcsports

Reaction score
Only reason we did not go 3-4 is because we are paying Demarcus Lawrence.

We're short on 4-3 DT talent as it is also.

Time to go 3-4. Get it over with.

We were probably going to get rid of Tank and his cap, along with Jaylon next year anyways.

3-4. Randy Gregory is now a rushing 3-4 outside LB and so is Micah Parsons a la Von Miller and Demarcus Ware.

Wolf Hunter in the middle with Neal and/or Jaylon.

Bohana or whatever other plugger in the middle, Osi and the other undersized DT's playing end. It's like it was meant to be.
I firmly believe this is the most logical post I’ve ever read in the fan forum. A sharp crack up the middle.

Mcsports

Reaction score
Other than he's a 3rd round reach rookie with no camp or preseason and you didn't know who he even was until he was drafted, no there's no problem with him.
Finally , a straight shot from The Star. Im not sharp enough (or sometimes sober enough) to discern his sarcasm from straight forward talk.
I strongly agree with him here (unless it’s sarcasm and he’s a Hawkeye loyalist). Gholston can’t turn a corner, much less obliterate an NFL tackle.