Available free agent DEs/Edge rushers

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm guessing their phone lines are blowing up with free agents reps calling but it wouldn't surprise me to see them bring in some outside help next week. BB makes a good point that it's too late for w
Vernon is an outstanding player. Really the only guy I've seen who gives Tyron fits. He's a hell of a run defender as well as a pass rusher.

There are only two reasons why he's not on a team - either he is not fully recovered from last year's injury or he hasn't been [redacted]. If he was available to play, he'd be a guy lots of teams would take on for a 1 year 4-5 mill deal.

Think I read somewhere, he was targeting Oct return but hell, I'd still sign him for the right amount.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Not sure if he's healthy but......

https://nfltraderumors.co/2021-nfl-free-agent-list/
  • OLIVIER VERNONDL, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Browns placed DE Olivier Vernon on injured reserve with a torn Achilles' tendon, ending his season.
    It's a huge loss for a defense that was already soft against the pass. Still an every-down player at age 30, Vernon's nine sacks were second only to Myles Garrett's 12 on the Browns. What's bad for the Browns is catastrophic for Vernon, as he will become a free agent at season's end. Having trouble staying healthy over the past four years, Vernon will probably now have to settle for one-year, incentive-laden offers on the open market. Life isn't fair for NFL players over 30, but it's really not fair for injured players over 30.

Jan 4, 2021, 12:06 PM ET
Torn achilles tendon? Ouch.
th

Mine was reattached but I felt, going forward, that I was 75% healed. The psychological part is the worst. In other words, do I dare put too much torque and quick changes in gait, jog or abrupt stops?

So, yes, let us look at ol' Vern to remind us of how small our football universe is, lads. And how we settle for the crumbs de la crumbs because depth in Offence and Defence is a luxury Jerry rarely affords.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Torn achilles tendon? Ouch.
th

Mine was reattached but I felt, going forward, that I was 75% healed. The psychological part is the worst. In other words, do I dare put too much torque and quick changes in gait, jog or abrupt stops?

So, yes, let us look at ol' Vern to remind us of how small our football universe is, lads. And how we settle for the crumbs de la crumbs because depth in Offence and Defence is a luxury Jerry rarely affords.

So what's the complete recovery time?

glimmerman

Reaction score
Sometime you just need a mad dog. Irvin maybe a handful but Quinn can teach that dog to hunt.
The guy could be out of shape and walk in and wreck a game or a series. He is just a freak. It’s off field that sucks.

quickccc

Reaction score
i'll get torched for this but i don't care.
i'd bring taco in for a work-out.
i'd also take a look at barkevious mingo.
jason strowbridge was a guy i wanted in the draft...i'd bring him in for a look.

but i don't think they will.
i think they'll roll with what they have in house.

lol .. Taco ?
Let's bring in these bodies,.. just for the sake of having a body on your team. ?
All of the guys you're mentioning are purely JAGs - it's a reason why they are still on the street.

Carson

Reaction score
i'll get torched for this but i don't care.
i'd bring taco in for a work-out.
i'd also take a look at barkevious mingo.
jason strowbridge was a guy i wanted in the draft...i'd bring him in for a look.

but i don't think they will.
i think they'll roll with what they have in house.
Mingo? Do a quick google of him. Dudes heading to prison

cowboyec

Reaction score
lol .. Taco ?
Let's bring in these bodies,.. just for the sake of having a body on your team. ?
All of the guys you're mentioning are purely JAGs - it's a reason why they are still on the street.
most if not all the available DEs are....so why have a thread about it...c'mon man.
if i remember right strowbridge was a guy we were interested in.
outta north carolina.

quickccc

Reaction score
most if not all the available DEs are....so why have a thread about it...c'mon man.
if i remember right strowbridge was a guy we were interested in.
outta north carolina.

... and what has he done since being in the NFL ?

9of11

Reaction score
I didn't see Uncle Rico on any of these lists...