Avengers 4 Trailer

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like it... Want to see Captain Marvel in one of the upcoming trailers for THIS movie.

Maybe around the Super Bowl, in the next trailer, but even then I'm not so sure. I get the feeling that they really prefer to establish the character in her own movie before having her show up in another.

That a "DC movie move" and we all know how that's turned out!
:laugh:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Maybe around the Super Bowl, in the next trailer, but even then I'm not so sure. I get the feeling that they really prefer to establish the character in her own movie before having her show up in another.

I think you're right.

A trailer featuring Captain Marvel in it probably won't show up until after her movie premiers.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think you're right.

A trailer featuring Captain Marvel in it probably won't show up until after her movie premiers.

This is just my opinion, but I think that Marvel and the Russo's are making a HUGE and concerted effort to keep the release of any and all information to a minimum. They know that there's a rabid audience just chomping at the bit for anything they can get and their plan is to string out that desire as long as possible.

Take note of this trailer. It certainly lives up to the billing of being a "Teaser". While D.C. gave away virtually all of Batman v Superman and Justice League in their trailers, Matvel has given almost nothing in this one. Filmmaking 101, get them to go see the movie to find out what happens.

This trailer showed just a few shots of the original Avengers team, that's it. Hawkeye as Ronin was the "big reveal", and you didn't even see him in full costume! Not only that, but they've didnt even show all of the heroes that survived. No War Machine, no Rocket either. Prett bare bones. Heck, you didn't actually even see Thanos!

Half of it was Stark's recording while drifting through space.

I'm not complaining, but they really didn't show their hand much at all. I see a deliberate, slow burn at work.

joseephuss

Reaction score

Both Spider-man and Black Panther both showed up in another movie before getting established in their own. Worked well for them and Wonder Woman.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is just my opinion, but I think that Marvel and the Russo's are making a HUGE and concerted effort to keep the release of any and all information to a minimum. They know that there's a rabid audience just chomping at the bit for anything they can get and their plan is to string out that desire as long as possible.

Take note of this trailer. It certainly lives up to the billing of being a "Teaser". While D.C. gave away virtually all of Batman v Superman and Justice League in their trailers, Matvel has given almost nothing in this one. Filmmaking 101, get them to go see the movie to find out what happens.

This trailer showed just a few shots of the original Avengers team, that's it. Hawkeye as Ronin was the "big reveal", and you didn't even see him in full costume! Not only that, but they've didnt even show all of the heroes that survived. No War Machine, no Rocket either. Prett bare bones. Heck, you didn't actually even see Thanos!

I'm not complaining, but they really didn't show their hand much at all. I see a deliberate, slow burn at work.

Probably something to be said by not giving away much in trailers...

One of the gripes I hear about trailers in general is that to much of the movie's high points and premise is given away so there is no "big surprise" watching the movie.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Probably something to be said by not giving away much in trailers...

One of the gripes I hear about trailers in general is that to much of the movie's high points and premise is given away so there is no "big surprise" watching the movie.

I think there's a difference between confidence and desperation. Marvel is confident that they don't have to show much, DC was not, and essentially gave everything away for free.

I think Marvel knows that everybody is going to see this movie anyway, trailer or not.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I won't spoil the title reveal for my fellow fanatics, but here is the long-awaited, much-anticipated Avengers 4 trailer. When they say "Teaser", they really mean it!

Let me know what y'all think?

I think I've given everyone enough time to see it, now on with the Spoilers:

I'm surprised to see the film titled "Endgame", and I see two possibilities:
  1. The Russos flat-out lied to everyone. They said that wasn't the title and they mentioned that the title for this film was never spoken in Infinity War. Not only did Dr. Strange say "we're in the endgame now" in that film, Tony Stark called "out there" (referring to outer space) "the endgame" in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
  2. This title is yet more misdirection from the filmmakers. They've been known to do that, and to go to lengths to do so. Everyone remembers the Infinity War trailer that showed the Hulk running with the other heroes in Wakanda, right? Never happened in the film but they spent the time and resources to put him there in the trailer.
The trailer is truly a teaser as it doesn't truly show us much at all. Little more than brief glimpses of all of the original Avengers team, and a small tease of the rumored time travel storyline. Even Hawkeye's turn as Ronin wasn't actually shown, just his face when he turned around.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just slightly off-topic but I hope they will tie at least some of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Kree storyline into both Captain Marvel and Avengers|Endgame. Perhaps that is part of the explanation why the show's sixth season premiere has been pushed back this far.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Just slightly off-topic but I hope they will tie at least some of the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Kree storyline into both Captain Marvel and Avengers|Endgame. Perhaps that is part of the explanation why the show's sixth season premiere has been pushed back this far.

If they do, it's very likely to be the one-way street that it has been to this point. Agents of SHIELD may react to something that happens in the movies, but the film's will never tie into anything from the show.

I'm a huge Marvel fan and I couldn't force myself to get into that show.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If they do, it's very likely to be the one-way street that it has been to this point. Agents of SHIELD may react to something that happens in the movies, but the film's will never tie into anything from the show.

I'm a huge Marvel fan and I couldn't force myself to get into that show.
I should have said 'loosely' tied with the show's Kree storyline. Captain Marvel will firmly establish the MCU foundation for the Kree. Just my opinion but I do not see a reason why one or both movies cannot attribute even a small tidbit to Fury's and S.H.I.E.L.D's knowledge of the Kree from the television show.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I should have said 'loosely' tied with the show's Kree storyline. Captain Marvel will firmly establish the MCU foundation for the Kree. Just my opinion but I do not see a reason why one or both movies cannot attribute even a small tidbit to Fury's and S.H.I.E.L.D's knowledge of the Kree from the television show.

I think they've made the conscious decision not to. Take the resurrection of Phil Coulson, given the role he played in the original Avengers film, it's glaring that the fact that he is in fact still alive has never been brought up in film. Like I said, that's a one-way street. The TV show can latch onto whatever they want from the films, but the movies don't care anything about that series. No offense if you're a fan, but I'm shocked it's gone on this long. Keep in mind, while Coulson is rumored to be in Captain Marvel, the events of that film occur in the mid 1990's.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

I would wager that everything from this trailer happens in the first 1/3, maybe 1/4 of the movie.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would wager that everything from this trailer happens in the first 1/3, maybe 1/4 of the movie.

I don't say even earlier than that. I'd peg the vast majority for the first ten minutes of the movie.

They showed little to anything here. Not that I'm blaming them, but half of a two minute teaser is showing Iron Man talking to his helmet.