Avengers: Endgame being rereleased with new footage

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
They are also remaking Charlies Angels. Yup, Hollyweird is officially out of ideas :lmao:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A:E is less than $23 million from toppling Avatar. It will be both a shame and laughable if a movie that made so much money, in such a ridiculously small amount of time, fell short of the all-time box office record by a few million dollars. lol.

I think it certainly speaks to the fundamental shift in our viewing habits. You can't get a blockbuster film on enough screens for the first week or two when everyone wants to get out there and see it. But few, if any, have that real staying power to stick around like they had in years past. But there are numerous reasons for that. Blockbusters used to be few and far between, and now they're a weekly event for much of the year. It's a real battle for the number of theaters showing your film.

But here's something I found interesting, Captain Marvel, which was released in March I believe, was still showing in like 84 theaters according to Box Office Mojo's weekly results. That's amazing, considering both the elapsed time, as well as the fact that it's already been released for home viewing.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
I think it certainly speaks to the fundamental shift in our viewing habits. You can't get a blockbuster film on enough screens for the first week or two when everyone wants to get out there and see it. But few, if any, have that real staying power to stick around like they had in years past. But there are numerous reasons for that. Blockbusters used to be few and far between, and now they're a weekly event for much of the year. It's a real battle for the number of theaters showing your film.

But here's something I found interesting, Captain Marvel, which was released in March I believe, was still showing in like 84 theaters according to Box Office Mojo's weekly results. That's amazing, considering both the elapsed time, as well as the fact that it's already been released for home viewing.

That's actually pretty normal. Many major movies will still be in some bargain theaters after a film's release to home video.

As for Endgame, looking at the Monday box office, it looks like it's bump (either from the "re-release" or from Spider-Man) is continuing. It made nearly $900,000 on Monday when it was making less than $300,000 on weekdays prior to the weekend. It will likely be within $15 million after this weekend, so I think it will end up passing Avatar.