Avengers - Infinity Wars

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A more up-to-date graphic of character properties currently falling under the Disney/Marvel umbrella:

updated-marvel-character-ownership-rights-after-fox-dinsey-1066088.jpg

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Must be nice being Josh Brolin right now. He is the voice of Thanos in Avengers: Infinity War and is playing Cable in Deadpool 2 releasing this week.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A more up-to-date graphic of character properties currently falling under the Disney/Marvel umbrella:

updated-marvel-character-ownership-rights-after-fox-dinsey-1066088.jpg

I still don't understand the Namur situation. And She-Hulk's placement there makes no sense to me either.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Must be nice being Josh Brolin right now. He is the voice of Thanos in Avengers: Infinity War and is playing Cable in Deadpool 2 releasing this week.

He's no dummy.

Everyone can see what Marvel and Iron Man have done for Robert Downey Jr. And these roles have made plenty of actors incredibly wealthy.

Any actor of worth should want in on the MCU. DC? Not so much...

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
He's no dummy.

Everyone can see what Marvel and Iron Man have done for Robert Downey Jr. And these roles have made plenty of actors incredibly wealthy.

Any actor of worth should want in on the MCU. DC? Not so much...
Except Gal Gadot.... people are learning her name.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Except Gal Gadot.... people are learning her name.

Maybe, but as much credit as she gained from Wonder Woman, she lost with Justice League.

She's at a crossroads with the character right now, and as the Wonder Woman sequel goes, so does she.

That entire DCEU is a mess right now. No solid plans, no solid direction, but plenty of bad ideas.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Maybe, but as much credit as she gained from Wonder Woman, she lost with Justice League.

She's at a crossroads with the character right now, and as the Wonder Woman sequel goes, so does she.

That entire DCEU is a mess right now. No solid plans, no solid direction, but plenty of bad ideas.
Haven't seen Justice League. I saw what they did with Poseidon....I mean Aquaman...and had no interest.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Haven't seen Justice League. I saw what they did with Poseidon....I mean Aquaman...and had no interest.

My quick summary is this:

It got far more criticism than it deserved and is not a bad film. It deserved a better fate and should have made some money.

But compared to the stuff Marvel is putting out, DC is playing checkers while Marvel plays chess.

Marvel finds character after character and director after director and DC chose the wrong man to lead their film Universe.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I still don't understand the Namur situation. And She-Hulk's placement there makes no sense to me either.
According to screenrant.com, Universal 'complicated movie distribution agreement' has limited The Hulk movies to the single one (circa Ed Norton/Liv Tyler). The film rights to the She-Hulk character are tied with The Hulk, so she is technically restricted completely to Universal for the time being due to the bureaucracy. Namor's character is in a similar but not as restrictive situation. :facepalm: @ all of the nonsense.

Just my opinion but I think Wonder Woman's popularity with audiences will somewhat insulated Gadot from negative DCEU reception--with much of the thanks due to Patty Jenkins' overall direction.

I also describe the DCEU as a mess but my criticism is not as harsh as what I feel is the norm. I think the DCEU is on-track with Man of Steel and Wonder Woman, waaaaay off-track with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League, and somewhat bolstered yet tied down with Suicide Squad.

Even I will admit Warner Bros and DC must hit home runs with Aquaman and Shazam! between now and the release of the Wonder Woman sequel. So-so efforts will put Cyborg in a bad spot deep credibility hole. Plus, I am not even going to guess how Green Lantern Corps will fare believing there is the SMALLEST possibility they may try re-using the formula of Ryan Reynolds' film (which will literally make me puke if that happens).
My advice? Watch Justice League but with lukewarm expectations. Some tips that may make it more enjoyable as far as the main characters are concerned:

• If you are familiar with the version of The Flash in the cartoon Justice League, keep that thought in mind because they have Barry Allen acting like Wally West.
  • Ben Affleck is a much better Batman than Daredevil.. but he is still Ben Affleck.
  • Aquaman's water scenes (or near water scenes) are good. Jason Mamoa's scenes away from water are a little rough--albeit with the exception of the climatic fight scene.
  • The new Cyborg look is cool. Ray Fisher is a decent choice for the character but his on-screen delivery is quite dry through much of his scenes.
  • They re-imagined The Return of Superman VERY differently from the comic book and their verison comes across on-screen weak and poorly thought out in my opinion.

Are you waiting on me to write something negative about Gal Gadot? Sorry. Ain't happening. :muttley:

The DCEU's foundation is set in quicksand. That said, it could recover with solid future leadership behind and in front of the camera. Personally, I prefer knowing the whole story of any movie franchise as it unfolds, even if some of the preceding chapters are not that good. :p

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
According to screenrant.com, Universal 'complicated movie distribution agreement' has limited The Hulk movies to the single one (circa Ed Norton/Liv Tyler). The film rights to the She-Hulk character are tied with The Hulk, so she is technically restricted completely to Universal for the time being due to the bureaucracy. Namor's character is in a similar but not as restrictive situation. :facepalm: @ all of the nonsense.

I agree about it all being nonsense. Figure it out already so people can use the characters and make some money.

Just my opinion but I think Wonder Woman's popularity with audiences will somewhat insulated Gadot from negative DCEU reception--with much of the thanks due to Patty Jenkins' overall direction.

I think some of it was lost with Justice League and will have to be earned back. Just my opinion.

I also describe the DCEU as a mess but my criticism is not as harsh as what I feel is the norm. I think the DCEU is on-track with Man of Steel and Wonder Woman, waaaaay off-track with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and Justice League, and somewhat bolstered yet tied down with Suicide Squad.

Disagree on Man of Steel Superman. Hasn't been "right" from the get- go, and not getting arguably your top character right and producing is a crime.

Even I will admit Warner Bros and DC must hit home runs with Aquaman and Shazam! between now and the release of the Wonder Woman sequel. So-so efforts will put Cyborg in a bad spot deep credibility hole. Plus, I am not even going to guess how Green Lantern Corps will fare believing there is the SMALLEST possibility they may try re-using the formula of Ryan Reynolds' film (which will literally make me puke if that happens).

Even their choices of projects are terrible. They didn't have Batman and Superman right - and Justice League's failure proves that. And yet, their idea is to try to establish secondary characters? Shazam? Seriously? That's cutting your own throat. Meanwhile, Affleck is running for the door.

My advice? Watch Justice League but with lukewarm expectations. Some tips that may make it more enjoyable as far as the main characters are concerned:

• If you are familiar with the version of The Flash in the cartoon Justice League, keep that thought in mind because they have Barry Allen acting like Wally West.
  • Ben Affleck is a much better Batman than Daredevil.. but he is still Ben Affleck.
  • Aquaman's water scenes (or near water scenes) are good. Jason Mamoa's scenes away from water are a little rough--albeit with the exception of the climatic fight scene.
  • The new Cyborg look is cool. Ray Fisher is a decent choice for the character but his on-screen delivery is quite dry through much of his scenes.
  • They re-imagined The Return of Superman VERY differently from the comic book and their verison comes across on-screen weak and poorly thought out in my opinion.

Are you waiting on me to write something negative about Gal Gadot? Sorry. Ain't happening. :muttley:

The DCEU's foundation is set in quicksand. That said, it could recover with solid future leadership behind and in front of the camera. Personally, I prefer knowing the whole story of any movie franchise as it unfolds, even if some of the preceding chapters are not that good. :p

In my opinion, they're now just digging the hole deeper rather than getting out of it. Working on Aquaman and Shazam while your "Avengers" movie was just a huge failure? Good luck!

Until they get Batman and Superman sorted out and appreciated, they'll continue to be built on quicksand.

All my opinions of course.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I would never want anything negative said about Gal Gadot. Even calling her a goddess is an insult to her!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree about it all being nonsense. Figure it out already so people can use the characters and make some money.

I think some of it was lost with Justice League and will have to be earned back. Just my opinion.

Disagree on Man of Steel Superman. Hasn't been "right" from the get- go, and not getting arguably your top character right and producing is a crime.

Even their choices of projects are terrible. They didn't have Batman and Superman right - and Justice League's failure proves that. And yet, their idea is to try to establish secondary characters? Shazam? Seriously? That's cutting your own throat. Meanwhile, Affleck is running for the door.

In my opinion, they're now just digging the hole deeper rather than getting out of it. Working on Aquaman and Shazam while your "Avengers" movie was just a huge failure? Good luck!

Until they get Batman and Superman sorted out and appreciated, they'll continue to be built on quicksand.

All my opinions of course.
One thing age has taught me despite my natural hardheadedness is to not get into ANY type of discussion over Man of Steel. :laugh::thumbup:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Never watched after the first one.

To me, the success of that brainless franchise is an indictment on our society.

No offense to anyone who actually enjoys them, I just think that they're the shallowest, "all style no substance" crap films you can get and I could never insult my intelligence to sit down and watch one.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am not into all these Marvel/DC movies at all. My viewing stops at Batman but I did like Suicide Squad......mainly for that blonde with pigtails :thumbup:

With all the hype, I guess I should watch Avengers.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am not into all these Marvel/DC movies at all. My viewing stops at Batman but I did like Suicide Squad......mainly for that blonde with pigtails :thumbup:

With all the hype, I guess I should watch Avengers.
Margot Robbie absolutely nailed Harley Quinn. It did not hurt that she is both gorgeous and looks like the actual comic book character either. She and Viola Davis were Suicide Squad's best assets in my opinion.

EDIT: If you enjoyed The Dark Knight, you should like the Avengers movies also--especially the latest one. Of course, you only wrote Batman, which could also include the pre-Christian Bale films. :)

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Margot Robbie absolutely nailed Harley Quinn. It did not hurt that she is both gorgeous and looks like the actual comic book character either. She and Viola Davis were Suicide Squad's best assets in my opinion.

EDIT: If you enjoyed The Dark Knight, you should like the Avengers movies also--especially the latest one. Of course, you only wrote Batman, which could also include the pre-Christian Bale films. :)

Yea, seen all the Batman movies and Bale is my least favorite.