Aviation

gtb1943

Reaction score
Just wait till we're all in self driving cars......it will be a bloodbath
It is idiocy with tech at its current level but it will happen; too many fools want it too
and you are right about it being a bloodbath. That could start a backlash against computer control. We shall see, sadly.

shabazz

Reaction score
It is idiocy with tech at its current level but it will happen; too many fools want it too
and you are right about it being a bloodbath. That could start a backlash against computer control. We shall see, sadly.
I look forward to manscaping, while the car is driving itself, on the way to the supermarket......after all, the future is all about convenience.

rags747

Reaction score
I’m an airline pilot, AMA. I fly the Airbus, not Boeing, though.
Very cool imo. I have a buddy here that was strictly a Boeing pilot for years, forced to retire at 65. Anyway, he tells me that when he was about 60 he switched carriers and was introduced to Airbus. Much retraining due to now you are flying with a joy stick basically whereas he had always flown with a yoke. He has some pretty cool videos of him landing and taking off, plane cockpits absolutely fascinate me! It’s funny, I have a couple of Pilot friends here in Fl, both drive pretty mundane cars whereas I’m the one with the high tech sports cars etc. Always tell them I’m surprised that they don’t have more of a Toy for cruising around in being that they used to control the Ultimate toys in the air. That’s my take at least…

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Very cool imo. I have a buddy here that was strictly a Boeing pilot for years, forced to retire at 65. Anyway, he tells me that when he was about 60 he switched carriers and was introduced to Airbus. Much retraining due to now you are flying with a joy stick basically whereas he had always flown with a yoke. He has some pretty cool videos of him landing and taking off, plane cockpits absolutely fascinate me! It’s funny, I have a couple of Pilot friends here in Fl, both drive pretty mundane cars whereas I’m the one with the high tech sports cars etc. Always tell them I’m surprised that they don’t have more of a Toy for cruising around in being that they used to control the Ultimate toys in the air. That’s my take at least…
Anytime you move to a new airplane, you have to do a full long training course. We had a lot of guys who spent years on the MD80 doing everything manually. Transitioning to the Airbus and all of the automation was tough on them.

rags747

Reaction score
Anytime you move to a new airplane, you have to do a full long training course. We had a lot of guys who spent years on the MD80 doing everything manually. Transitioning to the Airbus and all of the automation was tough on them.
So it would seem that your preference is now Airbus? How would u compare the handling and power characteristics of the two? How long u been doing this and how did u get into it? Like I said, this stuff just geeks me out for some reason!

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
So it would seem that your preference is now Airbus? How would u compare the handling and power characteristics of the two? How long u been doing this and how did u get into it? Like I said, this stuff just geeks me out for some reason!
I've never flown a Boeing. I've had a bunch of jobs. I instructed, flew turboprops, flew private jets, then went to the airlines. I have worked at a regional airline flying CRJs, then I went to the major airlines and went to the Airbus and have been on it ever since. I would have better seniority on the 737, but the flight deck is way more comfortable. Since we don't have a yoke, we have a tray table, which is really handy for writing down clearances and eating meals. The flight deck is also a lot bigger in the bus, so you can slide the seat back (electronically, by the way), and recline a little more. There is less workload, too, since it is more automated. I have heard the 737 is more fun to fly and has better performance when heavy and climbing to altitude, but the bus is fine.