Aviation

gtb1943

Reaction score
The pilots did their job. Read the NTSB report.
Going over it, like so many, you have to read between the lines.
I had to make a couple of flights in C-17's as pax and they had vehicles and I was able to watch how carefully the load master and then the pilot looked over the process. This clearly was not done in this instance. Or I should say not done well enough.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Going over it, like so many, you have to read between the lines.
I had to make a couple of flights in C-17's as pax and they had vehicles and I was able to watch how carefully the load master and then the pilot looked over the process. This clearly was not done in this instance. Or I should say not done well enough.
There is no reading between the lines in an NTSB report. The entire purpose of the investigation is to figure out what happened and see where processes broke down. They don’t pull any punches. The company procedures and the loadmaster were at fault. If the pilots were at fault, they would have been called out for it.

gtb1943

Reaction score
There is no reading between the lines in an NTSB report. The entire purpose of the investigation is to figure out what happened and see where processes broke down. They don’t pull any punches. The company procedures and the loadmaster were at fault. If the pilots were at fault, they would have been called out for it.
dude, are you really that naive?
If you bother to do some looking into the history of the NTSB you will find quite a few times where their so called objectivity and no punches pulled failed. And sorry, but in the end the Loadmaster and the Pilot are the two responsible; if the company procedures were wrong and dangerous then they should have said NO. They did not. So ONCE again reading between the lines is necessary. In the end the NTSB is part of the system and no part of the system is as pure as you claim.