Video: Awesome Larry Allen Highlights

NMfan

Reaction score
Who ya going to call? Larry Allen - He'll bust you.

Cool video

fffiasco

Reaction score
Wow. There was no reason to even attempt a pass with the way that line was dominating!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
For my money, Larry Allen is the best O-lineman ever. John Hannah is probably second.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
I don't know if I've ever seen someone just totally dominate their opponents on a week in week out basis like LA did. He was truly special, didn't play a glorified position but just looking at what he did for 14 years he might have been the greatest Cowboy ever.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
OMG... really REALLY shows how bad our current OL is when you see that video. You try to make yourself feel "Good" about the current situation on the OL by convincing yourself that an "ok" block was a flash of dominance, then you see what true dominance.

Zordon

Reaction score
just speechless watching that video for multiple reasons. some good, some bad. all i'll say is nobody loved larry more than madden. he should present him in the HOF imo.

TheRat

The Silly Willy
Reaction score
He was a freak. He was so big and strong but he could move around like a lighter zone blocking guard.

Funxva

Inventor of the Whizzinator
Reaction score
Unreal. He was such a good OLineman. I still remember when in his rookie year when he ran down that Defensive Player from behind after that interception. It was sick.

Hoss

Reaction score
just speechless watching that video for multiple reasons. some good, some bad. all i'll say is nobody loved larry more than madden. he should present him in the HOF imo.

I was thinking this exact thing watching the highlight!

btcutter

Reaction score
OMG... really REALLY shows how bad our current OL is when you see that video. You try to make yourself feel "Good" about the current situation on the OL by convincing yourself that an "ok" block was a flash of dominance, then you see what true dominance.

yeap....

We have bunch of crap in our G's.

How did LA drop to 2nd round is beyond me.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
Here is Larry Allen running down the New Orleans linebacker saving a pick six and Aikman having to make a tackle! Just amazing. We've been dumbed down for SO LONG by our horrible OL play that we think slowing down a DLman for 2 seconds is great.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
LA was such a beast. I bet he could have been a Pro Bowl player on the DL as well.

Zordon

Reaction score

I think Jerry should make the oline go watch his induction ceremony.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
LA was such a beast. I bet he could have been a Pro Bowl player on the DL as well.

Without a doubt. I actually believe when you combine size, strength, speed, explosiveness, etc. Larry Allen is the most athletic player the Cowboys have ever had. Guy could dunk a ball with both hands too

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo also told a humorous story about another Hall of Fame inductee in the Class of 2013: Cowboys offensive lineman Larry Allen.

“Me and Witten,” Romo said, “were rookies and Larry would make us go get the stuff that he needed for different times, whether it was a can of dip or whatever it was: ‘Hey, Romo, you got that dip?’ Nah, I’ll go get it right now.
“He was great. He was always good to us.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/nfl/2013/07/romo-remembers-parcells-allen-with-humor/

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Just an FYI, I believe Jerry is presenting LA..

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
IMO this is what our line has been missing since LA and then Columbo left. Someone mean and nasty that will put you on your rear. I miss that way LA used to truck the DL of opposing teams.