Video: Awesome Larry Allen Highlights

onetrickpony

Reaction score
LA was not only a great guard, he made the Pro Bowl in 1998 as a left tackle. One of very few players to ever to make the Pro Bowl at multiple o-line positions.

I think the only position he did not play was center.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
Love the block on Bennett in which he drive him back into the other defender, like watching a bowling smash through pins.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
Romo also told a humorous story about another Hall of Fame inductee in the Class of 2013: Cowboys offensive lineman Larry Allen.

“Me and Witten,” Romo said, “were rookies and Larry would make us go get the stuff that he needed for different times, whether it was a can of dip or whatever it was: ‘Hey, Romo, you got that dip?’ Nah, I’ll go get it right now.
“He was great. He was always good to us.”

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/nfl/2013/07/romo-remembers-parcells-allen-with-humor/

Larry is the only lineman that I would have feared. I betcha Romo got his dip on the hop, lol.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
nfl.com frequently has a short commercial before the video starts. also if you have adblock enabled then that could impact the video from playing.

Fmart322

Reaction score
nfl.com frequently has a short commercial before the video starts. also if you have adblock enabled then that could impact the video from playing.

I'm on my cell phone and have AT&T. Maybe that's why?

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Just tried from my phone and appears to be an Ad for their NFL Mobile app. I clicked on Google Play link and get a page not found error. I searched Google Play from my phone but do not see the app either. I tried navigating the site for the video and it takes you to the same Ad. haha. Not sure if the app link works for an iPhone.

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
THIS is something to be proud of. THIS was was a true great lineman is/was. Someone you can WATCH and see DOMINATE his opponent, no "Stats" required to show how good he was. No need for some bull dookie stat about "% pressures" or whatever the hell else you can think of. Simply watch the man line up and take the manhood from the one lining up against him.

It's sad what fans have resorted to today to justify the "Excellence" of the current players.

mrmojo

Reaction score
How did the Cowboys wind up losing that game? Amazing.
I agree...34-24....and they still made the playoffs at 8-8. That offensive line wasnt bad, although Step and Big E were getting up there in age.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Here is Larry Allen running down the New Orleans linebacker saving a pick six and Aikman having to make a tackle! Just amazing. We've been dumbed down for SO LONG by our horrible OL play that we think slowing down a DLman for 2 seconds is great.

Just incredible athleticism for a big man.....I could watch that over and over and I love Deirdorf's reaction. One of the best players regardless of position in Cowboys history!

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
I'm going to love hearing his HOF speech. I bet it takes a lot of brass to make his bust.

A Cowboy future HOF player from the Dallas Cowboys.

Red Dragon

Reaction score
Just for fun, what would Allen have been like if he played defensive tackle or defensive end? He might be twice as formidable as Ndamukong Suh.

Lonestar94

Reaction score
Larry Allen is one of the 10 best players in NFL History IMO..

Playing on the offensive line is so under appreciated.