News: Awuzie as a safety?

quickccc

Reaction score
I think you underestimate how motivated Beasley was and he knew previous regime was too stupid to adjust to stop him.

Motivated and who you are playing up against on defense plays up into two different factors, I dunno the names of the Skins receivers Lewis was guarding but he wasn't fairing well vs them either.

quickccc

Reaction score
I understand what you’re saying, but we are light at cornerback AND safety - Awuzie moving from CB to S opens one spot, but fills another. Remember a few years back when we dumped Brandon Carr, Barry Church, Mo Claiborne, Orlando Scandrick and JJ Wilcox all at once? We actually improved from a purge in one offseason.

I’m not even suggesting that Awuzie would be a good safety, but I thought it was an interesting idea. I mean, they tried Jameill Showers at safety, for Pete’s sake!!! lol

I could be wrong but didn't we keep Scandrick over another year ?
I know it was rumored that we tried to trade Scandrick that offseason, but the deal(s) fell through, and we ended up
holding him over another year, before he was eventually cut the next offseason (and he eventually signed with the Skins)

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Motivated and who you are playing up against on defense plays up into two different factors, I dunno the names of the Skins receivers Lewis was guarding but he wasn't fairing well vs them either.
I think Lewis is an above average defender. However, your better slot receivers are going to beat almost any defender one on one. So, I'm not arguing that he can shut down everyone but I can't name any slot corner in the league who can. That's why guys like Cole are so valuable. The defense has to give help to stop them which opens up something else. Bottom line for me is that I think he has shut down most players he has gone up against. If he has a rough day against a couple of the better slot receivers, I'm not overly concerned.