Awuzie benched for poor play

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Amari is playing himself out of a big contract. The problem is that Dak is no good without him. Its a different offense than the one we saw today when Amari is at his best.

That is why we release them both. They are nothing without each other. Both of them have played out of their contracts. Hopefully they accept cheap ones, because as of right now, the only team that would pay them are the desperate Bengals.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure if anyone noticed but he was benched after the first quarter for poor play. He is exactly the kind of player we need to get rid of and figure out the flawed thought process that lead to the decision to draft him. He is a quitter and a loser.

I was THINKING he should have been benched, but didn't expect it to HAPPEN.

king987

Reaction score
Pretty sure Philly went Chido's way until Dallas was forced to do something about him. He was absolutely putrid today.

I still can't believe this is the same player I really liked last year. I really thought him and Byron were turning into something great as a CB duo. Easily one of the biggest disappointments for me this season.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
:facepalm:

no. Dont be ludicrous. And again you’re missing the point. The cowboys FORCED the taco pick because they wanted a DE and they planned on taking a corner later.

They then whiffed on both picks. But EVERYONE knew they were going to draft DE in the first round. We all saw it coming.

It seems like you're missing the point. If teams knew that the Cowboys were going corner in the 2nd round, so a bunch of corners flew off the board and the Cowboys got a terrible one, then that complaint would be valid. They still had their pick of corners round 2. Only one corner came off the board. Then they still got Jourdan Lewis in round 3 which was widely considered a steal. As for picking a DE in round one, they should have picked Watt.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone noticed but he was benched after the first quarter for poor play. He is exactly the kind of player we need to get rid of and figure out the flawed thought process that lead to the decision to draft him. He is a quitter and a loser.
And that’s one player we needed. Take him out and put in someone worse. We didn’t even play man like last week. They had no WR and it’s like we played zone again.

Wood

Reaction score

Glen Stretch has been screaming about his poor play all year. Says he almost can't watch the tape its so bad.

HungryLion

Reaction score
It seems like you're missing the point. If teams knew that the Cowboys were going corner in the 2nd round, so a bunch of corners flew off the board and the Cowboys got a terrible one, then that complaint would be valid. They still had their pick of corners round 2. Only one corner came off the board. Then they still got Jourdan Lewis in round 3 which was widely considered a steal. As for picking a DE in round one, they should have picked Watt.

No you’re missing my point. You questioned me on my initial post. I’m telling you MY point. In that the cowboys decided what they were going to do, before the draft even started, didn’t adjust, and forced a bad pick on a guy like Taco because they wanted a DE and planned to take a cornerback in the second round.

they then blew the second round pick on a bad corner.

I’m not arguing that they didn’t have their pick of
Corners in round 2. I never said they didn’t.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score

He is benched because he is playing in a scheme that doesn't fit his style of play.

We totally need to revamp both offense and defensive schemes. They both suck.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Benching players 15 games in is comical. Almost as bad as keeping a coaching staff that has allowed an embarrassing performance week in and week out.

Garrett is reacting to the bleeding. He just wants to prove to the world that he can coach.

links18

Reaction score
He is benched because he is playing in a scheme that doesn't fit his style of play.

We totally need to revamp both offense and defensive schemes. They both suck.

"Scheme" is too generous a term to describe whatever is we do out there.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'd like to see Chido get some decent coaching.

Because the kid can play football.

He needs to turn around and look for the ball though.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
He only missed a couple of plays. He was probably just getting his ankles re-taped.

kumizi

Reaction score
I'd like to see Chido get some decent coaching.

Because the kid can play football.

He needs to turn around and look for the ball though.
That's why I wonder if he can play free safety instead. That way the play is ahead of him and he doesn't have to turn his head around to look for the ball.