Awuzie benched for poor play

Ken

Reaction score
That is pretty sad man.....geez
remember when these idiots called themselves thr "purge" squad?

Then they sat all of the guys who did all the purging all season Lewis, Olumba and Wilson and wondered why nothing changed...

Creeper

Reaction score
Did it help? Nope. Chido was not the problem. Let not forget that his replacement, Jourdan Lewis, blew a coverage that allowed Ward to get 38 yards on one play and set up the Eagles only points in the 2nd half. The Eagles gained 425 yards against Dallas. Who believes that was Chido's fault?

kwcool619

Reaction score
That is why we release them both. They are nothing without each other. Both of them have played out of their contracts. Hopefully they accept cheap ones, because as of right now, the only team that would pay them are the desperate Bengals.

I thought the Brown family are cheap too but they are letting Andy Dalton steal money from them. No wonder AJ Green wants out.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Yeah, I noticed after he didn't even try to tackle Sanders on one play. It was pathetic. He watched him and waited until someone else was making the tackle to get involved.

One of the defense's problems are players waiting for ball carriers to come to them instead of heaidng upfield to close the distance.

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
No you’re missing my point. You questioned me on my initial post. I’m telling you MY point. In that the cowboys decided what they were going to do, before the draft even started, didn’t adjust, and forced a bad pick on a guy like Taco because they wanted a DE and planned to take a cornerback in the second round.

they then blew the second round pick on a bad corner.

I’m not arguing that they didn’t have their pick of
Corners in round 2. I never said they didn’t.

We'll just have to agree to disagree then. I don't think them targetting a specific position caused them to pick a bad player. They just didn't choose the right player. TJ Watt was right there, and I think a lot of people would consider him BPA at that spot. Also as bad as Awuzie has been without an actual opinion on who the Cowboys should have picked instead it seems like a leap in logic to say their draft strategy was the reason for the bad pick as opposed to just mis-evaluation.

Last edited:

Chrispierce

Reaction score
What they’re surprised suddenly...”Oh my he stinks!” Yeah,glad they finally saw that by week 16. Maybe biggest issue I do have with Garrett era...the lack of awareness of situations at hand.

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
Actually, he got benched for giving up 4 first downs to scrub wrs in the 1st quarter including a passive attempt to make a tackle.

Well when your told to play off your man and give them a 10-yard cushion I just have to wonder if our coaches actually know what their doing. I'm not making excuses for Awozie. Just that I'm questioning the scheme they have in place.

kskboys

Reaction score
Just remember. The cowboys reached for Taco in the first. Because they believed they could get a cornerback in the second, which ended up being Chido.

That draft looks freaking horrible right about now.
Got cute and it bit them.
And they could have. Shaquill Griffin, Ahkello Witherspoon, Desmond King.

The strategy was sound, the players we took were not.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Read his scouting report coming out of college and tie that to the apathetic play he exhibits. Organizational rot. A few of these guys need to be made examples of. 24 would be on my list BUT they are going to need to replace Brown and Jones. I hope a new coach can scare the guy straight.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well when your told to play off your man and give them a 10-yard cushion I just have to wonder if our coaches actually know what their doing. I'm not making excuses for Awozie. Just that I'm questioning the scheme they have in place.

He got benched for lack of effort tackling. No excuse for it regardless of scheme.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Not sure if anyone noticed but he was benched after the first quarter for poor play. He is exactly the kind of player we need to get rid of and figure out the flawed thought process that lead to the decision to draft him. He is a quitter and a loser.

KRichard is trying ...

probably the best defensive coach we have.

HungryLion

Reaction score
And they could have. Shaquill Griffin, Ahkello Witherspoon, Desmond King.

The strategy was sound, the players we took were not.

The strategy is what led to the Taco pick. “We gotta get a DE now, so we can draft a corner later”.

hence the reach on Taco.

that’s my point.

links18

Reaction score
Did it help? Nope. Chido was not the problem. Let not forget that his replacement, Jourdan Lewis, blew a coverage that allowed Ward to get 38 yards on one play and set up the Eagles only points in the 2nd half. The Eagles gained 425 yards against Dallas. Who believes that was Chido's fault?

Come on, he has been a big problem most of the season. Is he the only problem? Of course not.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
KRichard is trying ...

probably the best defensive coach we have.

I'm not sure how anyone outside the organization can tell whose responsible for what......... Richards hasn't been good for our LBs and he hasn't really developed our young DBs.