Babe Ruth still the HR King.

Wolverine

Zimmer Hater
Reaction score
Is Babe Ruth still the HR king. Maybe so. Barry Bonds is a steroid monster who needed to roids to finally hit over 50 HRs. Mark McGwire didnt use roids but he still used somethin like them. Sammy Sosa probaly is on them to and he also used a corked bat. So I say the to HR kings are still Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
They're lucky they Griffey Jr. got injured or hed have the record this year or next...

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
Wolverine said:
Is Babe Ruth still the HR king. Maybe so. Barry Bonds is a steroid monster who needed to roids to finally hit over 50 HRs. Mark McGwire didnt use roids but he still used somethin like them. Sammy Sosa probaly is on them to and he also used a corked bat. So I say the to HR kings are still Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron.

I'm 100% behind that thought

VirusX

Reaction score
Hank Aaron was an all timer but his highest home run total in a season was 47 with a total of 775. Ruth with 60 and Rodger Maris with 61 granted it was only high as it was for 1 season surrounded by 30 HR seasons on each side but for just one season he was the best in baseball and that shouldnt be taken away from him. Aaron is the all time home run king and ruth is surely one but Maris deserves a mention I think.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
was the most dominant player ever.

Aaron a longevity HR player.

Bonds as great a player as I've ever seen. All this steroid crap is overblown. He's won 7 MVP'S. Batting titles of late, kid is a great player. He has set record for intentional walks, you pitch to him he kills you. There's god given talent there.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
one could argue that when Ruth played the games could have been bought, just look at the White Sox team that sold out in the World Series

jcollins28

Reaction score
Hank Aaron I agree with. Babe did not even play against the best players in his time. I have a hard time with any baseball records that come from that era. Bonds is a cheater pure and simple. Nothing is over blown about the riods. The riods took him from a 30-40 hr guy to the next level. IMHO steriods are a much bigger problem then gambling.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
i think steroids have been legal until last year and you could see that Giambi and Bonds took them because their bodies got smaller especially Giambi

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
jcollins28 said:
Hank Aaron I agree with. Babe did not even play against the best players in his time. I have a hard time with any baseball records that come from that era. Bonds is a cheater pure and simple. Nothing is over blown about the riods. The riods took him from a 30-40 hr guy to the next level. IMHO steriods are a much bigger problem then gambling.

Speaking of which.... How do you think baseball will handle this in the light of what they did to Pete Rose over gambling? Both actions are against league rules. Should Bonds be banned from going into the Baseball HOF? Should he be banned from baseball in any form of participation? Shouldn't he have the same penalty placed on him that was placed on Pete Rose?

jcollins28

Reaction score
jacs said:
i think steroids have been legal until last year and you could see that Giambi and Bonds took them because their bodies got smaller especially Giambi

NO how can something be legal that is illegal? Just because the rules in baseball did not outline steriods does not make them legal. True Giambi could have shot steriods up in Yankee stadium and baseball would have a hard time doing something about it. However the NYPD would be able to act swiftly.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Baseball had a good run this year... but it is obviously a boring sport in this day and age...

Football is the American pastime of the US...

joseephuss

Reaction score
trickblue said:
Baseball had a good run this year... but it is obviously a boring sport in this day and age...

Football is the American pastime of the US...

What about the NHL? Does anyone even miss it? I was never into it. I lost interest in baseball during the strike of 1994. I was amazed that they were 1 day away from going to another strike a couple of years ago. Now the steroids. Just not a sport that holds my interest anymore. The NFL rules!

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
What about the NHL? Does anyone even miss it? I was never into it. I lost interest in baseball during the strike of 1994. I was amazed that they were 1 day away from going to another strike a couple of years ago. Now the steroids. Just not a sport that holds my interest anymore. The NFL rules!

i miss NHL it freaking rules and i mostly watch the Padres play and i went to the stadium 2 times this year and it was awesome.

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
jcollins28 said:
NO how can something be legal that is illegal? Just because the rules in baseball did not outline steriods does not make them legal. True Giambi could have shot steriods up in Yankee stadium and baseball would have a hard time doing something about it. However the NYPD would be able to act swiftly.

i was talking about baseball and it legal in baseball not outside of baseball

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:
Speaking of which.... How do you think baseball will handle this in the light of what they did to Pete Rose over gambling? Both actions are against league rules. Should Bonds be banned from going into the Baseball HOF? Should he be banned from baseball in any form of participation? Shouldn't he have the same penalty placed on him that was placed on Pete Rose?

notting has been done to Canseco and Caminiti so what will they do to Bonds?
and Bonds was already good before the roids

joseephuss

Reaction score
jacs said:
notting has been done to Canseco and Caminiti so what will they do to Bonds?
and Bonds was already good before the roids

Bonds was good. If he played long enough, he could have caught Hank Aaron with his 30 to 40 HRs a year legitimately. Now he will catch him while chemically enhanced.

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
What will probably happen is they will put an * next to their name stating that they got those honors or records while chemically enhanced. I personally thing that since there is no way of knowing if they would have gotten these things w/o the roids, they should have them taken away...

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:
What will probably happen is they will put an * next to their name stating that they got those honors or records while chemically enhanced. I personally thing that since there is no way of knowing if they would have gotten these things w/o the roids, they should have them taken away...

Big Mac also was chemically enhanced when he got all his HR's why dont they talk about him? Everybody hates Barry (including me) but he is not the only one that is or has used them

CowboyPrincess

Priceless
Reaction score
jacs said:
Big Mac also was chemically enhanced when he got all his HR's why dont they talk about him? Everybody hates Barry (including me) but he is not the only one that is or has used them

I think they should all suffer the consequences.. Barry, Mac, Jose, etc... all that use roids should be penalized severely. It's not just good for baseball that they get harsh on this, but for the players health and all the high school and little leaguers that are seeing this and think that they have to take roids to get records and make millions

jacs

I'd Hit It
Reaction score
CowboysPrincess said:
I think they should all suffer the consequences.. Barry, Mac, Jose, etc... all that use roids should be penalized severely. It's not just good for baseball that they get harsh on this, but for the players health and all the high school and little leaguers that are seeing this and think that they have to take roids to get records and make millions

the messed up thing about this is that the players want MLB to test players for roids but the union dosent allowe them or dosnt want to do it