Backup RB

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Oakland is going to have to cut someone like D Rhodes, L Jordan or Mike Bush. Shaun Alexander is also available. I think it is imperative to sign a veteran as insurance for MBIII. Who else is available?

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
bkight13;2054725 said:
Oakland is going to have to cut someone like D Rhodes, L Jordan or Mike Bush. Shaun Alexander is also available. I think it is imperative to sign a veteran as insurance for MBIII. Who else is available?

Mike Bush is worth thinking about and I think he's the least costly option as far as Oakland's cap hit. So he may be the one released or traded.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Why do we need a backup RB when we have Barber and F. Jones. We need a 3rd rb but maybe we can get a UDFA or vet.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
We just drafted our backup RB, a 3rd RB we need, and that will come as a UDFA, or a scrub Vet.

DT101

Reaction score
Bush would be interesting. I wouldn't mind bringing him in.

Shaun would only be if he is REALLY cheap.

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
Eskimo;2054757 said:
Why do we need a backup RB when we have Barber and F. Jones. We need a 3rd rb but maybe we can get a UDFA or vet.

I think the Cowboys are in a situation that is very similar to the Saints. Barber = Deuce McAllister; Felix Jones = Reggie Bush.

When McAllister and Bush were both healthy, the Saints offense was very impressive. When McAllister got hurt and Bush was asked to play McAllister's role, the wheels came off.

IMO, the Cowboys need another RB who can handle the McAllister role on this team.

Hong2221

Reaction score
ZeroClub;2054880 said:
I think the Cowboys are in a situation that is very similar to the Saints. Barber = Deuce McAllister; Felix Jones = Reggie Bush.

When McAllister and Bush were both healthy, the Saints offense was very impressive. When McAllister got hurt and Bush was asked to play McAllister's role, the wheels came off.

IMO, the Cowboys need another RB who can handle the McAllister role on this team.

The guy from Penn State sounds good