Bad Case of Road Rage

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doesn't look like California's palms... palm trees + green text license plate = Florida? Lane splitting is fine in California, but illegal everywhere else.

https://wsvn.com/news/police-drivers-involved-in-homestead-road-rage-video-will-be-charged/ Names given if you want to look up court cases. This was two years ago and cases might be resolved by now.

It also seems like the organ donor can't help but broadcast how dumb he is at basically every decision point. Stupid quote in article, incongruent reasoning to driving behavior, publically commenting on his behavior in an open investigation...

At least both got what they deserved. Happy ending, thanks for letting us know.
:thumbup:

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
They need to invent teleporters so commutes go the way of the dodo. Then the guys who enjoy bikes can have the roads to themselves. I mean I completely get their love for it, but for whatever reason they think their entitled to move to the front of the line in beyond me. They don't understand why motorist get upset with them? it's just like the idiots who stay out of the exit lane so they can cut to the very front and then they wonder why they get attacked.

Both groups should be shot on sight.

Exactly.

I don’t get upset so much with the guy cutting out front of everyone because they typically take off and accelerate quick so there’s no issue. However, got to love how the guy on the bike got arse hurt when the guy in the car punched it at the light, as if only he’s allowed to do it.

Chrispierce

Reaction score
Never mind bikes vs cars ...why can’t peolle just be more forward observant and considerate? That’s really all it is. Us humans though...not happening. I’m knee deep in my own Mr.Toads wild ride at the moment. Except I’m doing it for fun. loool I’m nuts...it’s tooooo much fun,I can’t help it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly.

I don’t get upset so much with the guy cutting out front of everyone because they typically take off and accelerate quick so there’s no issue. However, got to love how the guy on the bike got arse hurt when the guy in the car punched it at the light, as if only he’s allowed to do it.
According the the update story in post #20, the car had cut the biker off before getting to the light. I don't know if the car did that intentionally because the biker was speeding, and he decided it's his job to slow other people down, or if he just wasn't paying attention.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nothing like one person acting like an awesome person to find a kindred spirit. Those two never considered what they might have done to the innocent people around their stupid childish behavior and I hope they both get their licenses suspended.

And what's with the cop at the beginning when the motorcyclist comes in between the two vehicles to get the front, that was right in front of him as he started his turn. I don't think that is legal in any state.

The shame of that is I've seen that countless times and every time it's some daredevil on a crotch rocket endangering those around them and giving all motorcyclists a bad name. The most courteous drivers I have seen were the ones on Harley's, Gold Wings, etc but too many of these rocket pilots are really irresponsible aholes.

BigStar

Stop chasing
Reaction score
They need to invent teleporters so commutes go the way of the dodo. Then the guys who enjoy bikes can have the roads to themselves. I mean I completely get their love for it, but for whatever reason they think their entitled to move to the front of the line in beyond me. They don't understand why motorist get upset with them? it's just like the idiots who stay out of the exit lane so they can cut to the very front and then they wonder why they get attacked.

Both groups should be shot on sight.
I get even more irritated that people let them in! That's why they keep doing it. I have made sure to not let them in and stare them down. Same with those trying to jump you from a red light..drifting til green and speed, etc. I'm speeding with ya homie...cut me off we're making the news :D

That describes me more so in my teens and 20s..working on it now in my 30s. Not worth getting shot over tbh. (good women in your life influence yada, etc.)

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I filter to the front on my Harley and my dual sport in the right circumstances.

As was already mentioned, when the light turns green I'm gone and I'm not slowing anyone down at all.

Two reasons make this an acceptable practice.

Sitting at the end of a line of traffic is one of the most dangerous situations for a biker. Especially in today's distracted society. I personally know too many people who have been hit in this situation and I've had my share of close calls.

Filtering can actually ease congestion. Quicker more nimble traffic gets out front and is gone making less traffic for commuters in cars to have to deal with. You just might make that next light because a couple of bikers you never even saw in front of you got out of your way. There is a study done on this that gets brought up when this topic comes up on the biker forums.

When done responsibly there is really no downside in most situations. Nobody is getting held up or slowed down.

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
That is why when somebody pulls this stuff I back away and do not make eye contact. Karma will get them later and just let them go and whatever get ahead of you.just avoid these crazy people.
:thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I filter to the front on my Harley and my dual sport in the right circumstances.

As was already mentioned, when the light turns green I'm gone and I'm not slowing anyone down at all.

Two reasons make this an acceptable practice.

Sitting at the end of a line of traffic is one of the most dangerous situations for a biker. Especially in today's distracted society. I personally know too many people who have been hit in this situation and I've had my share of close calls.

Filtering can actually ease congestion. Quicker more nimble traffic gets out front and is gone making less traffic for commuters in cars to have to deal with. You just might make that next light because a couple of bikers you never even saw in front of you got out of your way. There is a study done on this that gets brought up when this topic comes up on the biker forums.

When done responsibly there is really no downside in most situations. Nobody is getting held up or slowed down.
Oh stop justifying it. We all know you just wanna be in front. :cool:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, there's that too!
What bothers me more is the bikers who roll up between lanes in traffic backups. I understand it's a pain in the butt to keep stopping and starting, but barely squeezing though at 25 or 30 mph is just stupid.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
What bothers me more is the bikers who roll up between lanes in traffic backups. I understand it's a pain in the butt to keep stopping and starting, but barely squeezing though at 25 or 30 mph is just stupid.
I hear ya.

Sometimes though - when you're clutch hand is cramping up and you're sweltering inside your leather jacket and dizzy and nauseous from the diesel exhaust and that air cooled engine you're sitting on is baking your cookies and you can see that straight line to freedom right up the middle - logic, reason and common sense get caught up in their own traffic jam.

But you're right.

GMO415

Reaction score
Doesn't look like California's palms... palm trees + green text license plate = Florida? Lane splitting is fine in California, but illegal everywhere else.

https://wsvn.com/news/police-drivers-involved-in-homestead-road-rage-video-will-be-charged/ Names given if you want to look up court cases. This was two years ago and cases might be resolved by now.

It also seems like the organ donor can't help but broadcast how dumb he is at basically every decision point. Stupid quote in article, incongruent reasoning to driving behavior, publically commenting on his behavior in an open investigation...
California doesn't have those type of traffic lights.