Bad Commercials

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Anyone seen the new Coors Light commercial, in which they say, the best things in life are the unofficial things, like "unofficial air conditioning" (while showing a guy sticking his face in the beer fridge) among other "unofficial" things?

Then they end the commercial by calling Coors Light "The Official Beer of Summer".

Is it just me, or should someone be fired over that?

Whaddya got for bad commercials?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyone seen the new Coors Light commercial, in which they say, the best things in life are the unofficial things, like "unofficial air conditioning" (while showing a guy sticking his face in the beer fridge) among other "unofficial" things?

Then they end the commercial by calling Coors Light "The Official Beer of Summer".

Is it just me, or should someone be fired over that?

Whaddya got for bad commercials?
Yeah. It's pretty bad. And sad. And somewhat inappropriate with worldwide heatwaves going on.

Ph7G2On.jpg

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Personally, I get bent out-of-shape with ads from liability attorneys ("Did you use xxx and subsequently develop skin rash, diarrhea, etc. then you may be entitled to financial compensation") and from pharmaceutical companies (it seems they develop a medication and then invent a disease for it to cure)

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Personally, I get bent out-of-shape with ads from liability attorneys ("Did you use xxx and subsequently develop skin rash, diarrhea, etc. then you may be entitled to financial compensation") and from pharmaceutical companies (it seems they develop a medication and then invent a disease for it to cure)
And they always tell you not to take the medication if you're allergic to it.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
MeTV playing the same commercials
Over and over.

JJ Walker, Joe Namath and now William Shatner doing the same scripted commercial to get people to call and get their zip codes checked to see if they can get more medicaid/Medicare benifits. JJ Walker saying the word Money is enough to make me cringe.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And why would you need to be told not to take it if you do know? Lol
Why do they need to tell people to cook the food inside a frozen dinner? Not all food is meant to be crunchy.

One old lady spills coffee in her lap and they have to put up disclaimers. Caution - this is a hot beverage, do not pour it in your lap. Especially if you are coming through our drive through naked.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
MeTV playing the same commercials
Over and over.

JJ Walker, Joe Namath and now William Shatner doing the same scripted commercial to get people to call and get their zip codes checked to see if they can get more medicaid/Medicare benifits. JJ Walker saying the word Money is enough to make me cringe.
My mother, who is currently living in an assisted living facility, listened to Joe Namath, called the number and, inadvertently canceled her insurance for something far inferior.

It took six months and attorney threatening a civil suit to get her old insurance plan reinstated. What a scam.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

They really need to tell their demographic that "Fiends" is "Friends" without the "r"? How stupid do they think people are? It reminds me of when I was a kid, and there was a robot named Tobor advertised on TV. At the end of the commercial a narrator comes on, with a disclaimer voice and says, "Tobor is robot spelled backwards".

Thanks, pal!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The worst commercials I’ve seen in years are these Dr Pepper commercials with this bizarre character called Lil Sweet. :facepalm:

Yeah, those are really senseless. For one thing, everyone knows women don't like short guys!

jnday

Reaction score
And they always tell you not to take the medication if you're allergic to it.
I am glad that they warn us. Without that warning, there would be an epidemic caused by people taking medications that they were allergic to. SMDH

jnday

Reaction score
My mother, who is currently living in an assisted living facility, listened to Joe Namath, called the number and, inadvertently canceled her insurance for something far inferior.

It took six months and attorney threatening a civil suit to get her old insurance plan reinstated. What a scam.
Joe involved in a scam? I thought he had straightened up after repeatedly telling that reporter that he wanted to kiss her. On a side note, Joe is much more entertaining when he is under the influence of alcohol.

John813

Reaction score
Since I don't have live tv currently, only have it when NFL/NHL is on, I miss a lot of commercials luckily.

Definitely seems they have gotten stupider as time has gone by. Not quite at Idiocracy levels but pointing that way.

The superbowl ads recently just seem to go for that stupid/shock factor for people to simply talk about the ads.