Twitter: Bad Day To Be A Cowboys Draft Bust

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Once you get past the second round, isn't "solid contributor" considered the appropriate expectation?

I had little to no knowledge of him prior to us drafting him. So, maybe my level of expectations weren't very high to begin with so it doesn't feel like a "bust" to me. Maybe just different perspectives on this player.
He was a converted RB with very little in the way of instincts to play S.

To me, he was a reach that they desperately tried to make him successful because they overdrafted him. He played a lot but it wasn't like he was all that good when he did.

I don't see why the second round is such a drop off point. I would hope that if the player is a top 100 pick that you expect better than what he delivered.

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
Once you get past the second round, isn't "solid contributor" considered the appropriate expectation?

I had little to no knowledge of him prior to us drafting him. So, maybe my level of expectations weren't very high to begin with so it doesn't feel like a "bust" to me. Maybe just different perspectives on this player.

He was a D-2 safety who only played safety for Georgia Southern for a year. Felt like they drafted him off a good combine(forget his sparq rating) and potential.

I don't think he was a bust, but someone who didn't quite develop past anything more than a role player/marginal starter. Was here for 4 years

But he was projected to go in that round by some Draft Gurus.

Chaz was a bust due to how bad he fell apart mentally.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Fair points. I had forgotten about the conversion aspect and yes I would agree they overdrafted him. Much like Roy Williams his coverage was what got exposed. His run support wasn't bad.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
I remember the good old days around here where he would be carted off the first day of camp with cramps every year and people would defend him.
There is definitely some accountability on Chaz's part, but the Cowboys certainly had a hand in ruining his career making him change to a position he wasn't suited to play.

blueblood70

Reaction score

did I see or hear Flacco went down already?
not our draft bust that would be crazy though, heard edlemen had thumb injury..

If I was zeke id hold out to just avoid injury until late in TC 10 days before 3rd PS game to get ready for season..he doesnt need much time really..

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
There is definitely some accountability on Chaz's part, but the Cowboys certainly had a hand in ruining his career making him change to a position he wasn't suited to play.

Nobody ruined him. He just wasn't good enough and couldn't stay healthy. There is a pretty good reason he is now on his fourth team and probably won't even be in the league this coming year.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
3rd rounders are considered busts now?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I lost track of how many times Chaz Green had to be taken off the field prior to training camp. It was either cramps, dehydration or a tummy ache.

cern

Reaction score
every o-lineman got better under the coaching of frank pollack except chaz green. appears he just wasn't coachable. or lazy.

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Heh, Chaz Green. How he got signed at all is a mystery to me.

You cant even grab him as a camp body, he literally doesnt stay healthy enough to serve in that capacity either.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I remember the good old days around here where he would be carted off the first day of camp with cramps every year and people would defend him.

BasicPertinentBoilweevil-size_restricted.gif

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score

I actually recall Chaz Green playing pretty well at left tackle for three games early in the 2016 season. Then he had that meltdown in Atlanta a year later.