Bad news regarding draft position

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Here's the actual bad news regarding draft position.

No matter where the Cowboys pick absolutely nothing will change and you will be right back here next year in this same situation. Losers. Just like every other year.

Don't waste a second of your time worrying about where they pick because it's irrelevant.

Other than that, Cowboys!

rags

Reaction score
Here's the actual bad news regarding draft position.

No matter where the Cowboys pick absolutely nothing will change and you will be right back here next year in this same situation. Losers. Just like every other year.

Don't waste a second of your time worrying about where they pick because it's irrelevant.

Other than that, Cowboys!

Agreed!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Just win and let the chips land where they may. I'll never understand how fans can root for a loss.
Of course players and coaches always want to win, but I am a fan. I want a top 3 pick. I want to get rid of half the starters on defense. A top 3 pick gives us so many more options going into the draft.
As a fan, why do you want to win meaningless games that will hurt our draft position?

Look at Miami. Last year they were terrible and had a top 5 draft pick and this year they are in good position to make the playoffs.

Beaker42

Reaction score
I have no doubt the Cowboys will beat the QB-less Bengals who were a bad team even with Joe Burrow.

The players want a win. The coaches need a win. 17-20 points is very likely bringing us a win that will drop our draft spot a bit unless some other teams behind us also lose.

Bengals - win
49ers - lose
Eagles - could be another win because I believe they have gone into tank mode with Hurts at QB...he’s not ready, as we will all see this weekend.
Giants - will have something to play for and a healthy QB....whew.

4 wins could drop us down between 6-8.
5 wins would most likely be a disaster!

I’ll be sick if the Eagles leap-frog us in the draft.
They need to start Dinucci to ensure a loss.

JBond

Reaction score
I can see us absolutely losing out. Any player that has grit is on IR at this point. We are a team of replacement players that have embraced a losing mindset, who are taking orders from clowns, that are being propped up by a FO that is entrenched in arrogance, false optimism, and blind faith and hope.

Not a winning formula. So— cheer up. We have a great shot at picking in the top 5. If only that would bring any meaningful change to this franchise lol
They will jack up a top 5 pick anyway. Look at what they did last time.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Players want a win and they'll get it this week.
The defense didn’t care much about winning last week.
Lose out, get a top 3 pick, fire Nolan, and get rid of at least half the starters on defense! Fast rebuild, like Miami( from 3-13 to 10-6 ? ).

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course players and coaches always want to win, but I am a fan. I want a top 3 pick. I want to get rid of half the starters on defense. A top 3 pick gives us so many more options going into the draft.
As a fan, why do you want to win meaningless games that will hurt our draft position?

Look at Miami. Last year they were terrible and had a top 5 draft pick and this year they are in good position to make the playoffs.
Like I said, I don't understand how fans can root for a loss.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
As a fan I am torn right now.

I want to see the Cowboys show some real improvement these last four games. I want them to show that they have some pride; I want the defense to take some real steps towards respectability, and I want to experience at least a couple more wins before next fall.

But once April rolls around, the difference between having a top five pick and a top 15 pick are huge. This team needs a difference making defensive player or even a stud offensive tackle; and missing out on one will hurt badly.

So I have mixed feelings about tomorrow's game. I guess the real loser will be New York or Washington, who will win the division with six or seven wins and then have to wait until 20 picks come off the board in the first round.