Bad news regarding draft position

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure I care what we do.

Last year was just freakish with CeeDee falling to us like he did.

This year..not really sure we have the defensive braintrust to draft defense like people automatically think we will.

We have never been good at ranking defensive players to pursue players who will help us..

so we revert to drafting offense thinking we know how to do that.

In 25+ years it's been the same.

So unless a tiger can change his spots..

you tell me.
It will be wise to bring in a defensive guru before the draft to better analyze players. But of course the FO won't do that!

Last edited:

plymkr

Reaction score
I have no doubt the Cowboys will beat the QB-less Bengals who were a bad team even with Joe Burrow.

The players want a win. The coaches need a win. 17-20 points is very likely bringing us a win that will drop our draft spot a bit unless some other teams behind us also lose.

Bengals - win
49ers - lose
Eagles - could be another win because I believe they have gone into tank mode with Hurts at QB...he’s not ready, as we will all see this weekend.
Giants - will have something to play for and a healthy QB....whew.

4 wins could drop us down between 6-8.
5 wins would most likely be a disaster!

I’ll be sick if the Eagles leap-frog us in the draft.
We're not going to.win another game this season. The players quit on defense on Tuesday. If the players quit then it's over. 3-13 is our future.

Blackspider214

Reaction score
The 9ers just beat the Rams a couple of weeks ago. The Rams might be the second best team in the NFC now.

This is my point. We are a bad team. But bad teams can win games in this league. We beat the Vikings a few weeks ago. Washington just beat Pitt. I do not see Dallas losing all 4 games to end the year. This might be the worst remaining 4 teams any team has left to end the year. Too bad we aren't healthy and in the playoff hunt this year to take advantage. Only one team right now is even playing their starter of the remaining 4 teams.

Verdict

Reaction score
Howie sucks and his most glaring weakness is drafting. Unless Lurie fires Howie or hires someone else to run their draft, then I have no concerns with with Philly drafting before Dallas.
Godert.

Them

Reaction score
...I actually believe both teams will want to win...To many jobs on the line for players and coaches to "tank!"...In saying that I expect Dallas to win...but it will be their last of the season IMO...I too want decent draft position for them in the 2021 draft!...Heavy on Defense baby!...
:thumbup:

aria

Reaction score
No, a week ago we argued about me saying I don't argue with you about Zeke anymore because its personal for you and you are biased. For the record I don't "support your thoughts".

I enter most threads. I just don't enter the threads that are clearly personal and that's what it is for you with Zeke and others on this site. Jaylon, Zeke, Dez, Lawrence.....I just don't engage in that. Its pointless.

I still find it funny that even just today, you’ve wasted more time on me talking about zeke than I’ve talked about zeke myself and you do this every week. Don’t you see the irony in that?

Naw...I'm not seeing the irony at all. Quite frankly, you talk about Zeke even in threads where he's not even talked about so I find it hard to believe I discuss him more than you.
Lol, your same crap excuse every time. Biased or not, the stats and articles I post aren’t written by me nor are they biased. It’s just a convenient sorry excuse for you not to respond because you got nothing when it comes to zeke. All you have to support your love for him is total yards and the eye test along with a bunch or weak excuses. I wouldn’t want to argue with someone who I couldn’t hang with either.

You’re obsessed with me dude, just admit it. Anytime you see me say something about zeke, you chime in about me, that makes you no different. “I won’t engage you on zeke, I’ll just say something to you about zeke every time I see you say something about him”. Lol, ok.

When I listed what you’re in denial about you responded “Ok, I’m not in denial with any of that, now what?” That is admission that you support my thoughts. Thanks again!

I’ll save you the trouble of having to troll me, I’ll tag you from now on any time I mention his name.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score

Drafting Goedert some how supposed to change anything? They traded their 1st RD (32nd overall) and 4th RD picks to the Ravens for 2nd (2018), 2nd (2019), 4th (2018). The Ravens drafted Lamar Jackson and the Eagles drafted Goedert. Think Howie would want Lamar? Howie sucks at drafting and managing the cap.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Lol, your same crap excuse every time. Biased or not, the stats and articles I post aren’t written by me nor are they biased. It’s just a convenient sorry excuse for you not to respond because you got nothing when it comes to zeke. All you have to support your love for him is total yards and the eye test along with a bunch or weak excuses. I wouldn’t want to argue with someone who I couldn’t hang with either.

You’re obsessed with me dude, just admit it. Anytime you see me say something about zeke, you chime in about me, that makes you no different. “I won’t engage you on zeke, I’ll just say something to you about zeke every time I see you say something about him”. Lol, ok.

When I listed what you’re in denial about you responded “Ok, I’m not in denial with any of that, now what?” That is admission that you support my thoughts. Thanks again!

I’ll save you the trouble of having to troll me, I’ll tag you from now on any time I mention his name.
Google what obsession means and denial....then we can discuss further.

stinkface

Reaction score
All the Bengals have to do it run the ball and hit a few shots on occasion when we bring the safety's up to stop the run. PS. Don't forget, we can't tackle a single bit no matter who it is. I read somewhere we have the most missed tackles in the league.

aria

Reaction score
Google what obsession means and denial....then we can discuss further.
Keep trolling, I like having people infatuated with me, I find it amusing. Out of curiosity, do you ask Ronnie why he starts so many threads about zeke and feels the need to defend him all day incessantly? What about all the others who used to constantly bash Garrett or the ones who still constantly bash Dak?

I’m willing to bet you don’t say a word to them and if you do it’s certainly not as many times as you do with me. If you think I’m the only who mainly posts about certain players or subjects then you’re in denial. I guarantee Ronnie has posted ~4-5 as many times about zeke since Sun as I have total all week yet I’ve never seen you say a word to him.

Why is that? Is it because I hurt your feelings when I tell the truth about zeke, because you’re obsessed with me or both?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Keep trolling, I like having people infatuated with me, I find it amusing. Out of curiosity, do you ask Ronnie why he starts so many threads about zeke and feels the need to defend him all day incessantly? What about all the others who used to constantly bash Garrett or the ones who still constantly bash Dak?

I’m willing to bet you don’t say a word to them and if you do it’s certainly not as many times as you do with me. If you think I’m the only who mainly posts about certain players or subjects then you’re in denial. I guarantee Ronnie has posted ~4-5 as many times about zeke since Sun as I have total all week yet I’ve never seen you say a word to him.

Why is that? Is it because I hurt your feelings when I tell the truth about zeke, because you’re obsessed with me or both?
@RonnieT24 a good poster. I have nothing bad to say about him. He’s a real Cowboy fan we need more of him.

Mannix

Reaction score
-----This is an important game to tank! It moves the Cowboys into a solid 3 pick in the draft!

Why would they need to tank?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
I have no doubt the Cowboys will beat the QB-less Bengals who were a bad team even with Joe Burrow.

The players want a win. The coaches need a win. 17-20 points is very likely bringing us a win that will drop our draft spot a bit unless some other teams behind us also lose.

Bengals - win
49ers - lose
Eagles - could be another win because I believe they have gone into tank mode with Hurts at QB...he’s not ready, as we will all see this weekend.
Giants - will have something to play for and a healthy QB....whew.

4 wins could drop us down between 6-8.
5 wins would most likely be a disaster!

I’ll be sick if the Eagles leap-frog us in the draft.

This team needs a lot more than draft position to cure what ails it. No sense wringing your hands over whether Dallas picks 4th or 6th.

aria

Reaction score
@RonnieT24 a good poster. I have nothing bad to say about him. He’s a real Cowboy fan we need more of him.
Lol, now you’re showing your biased, the exact reason you claim you won’t address zeke with me! So you’re biased, a hypocrite and a troll! You’re awesome, I think I’ll go say something about zeke just to give you something more to complain about.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
So essentially what will happen is

We beat Cincinnati, SF, Philly. Then lose to New York. Then we end up picking 8-10 and miss the playoffs

That's possible since all but New York is just as bad as we are. However, since we're no better than those teams, I think it's probably that we lose one of the three before falling to New York.