Twitter: Baldinger breaks down Micah vs Washington

Nav22

Reaction score
I said the Giants 2007 pass rush, one with 3 double digit sack artists, was ferocious.

You stopped posting laughing emoticons like a 4 year old for a moment to ask don't I think this group will be ferocious. I answered not really and I still believe not really. A sack against Glennon and a few against Heinicke doesn't change my mind. Their career bios were accurate. Which is why you ignored it. There are no top pass rushers on this defense with the exception of Parsons.

Frankly I find it ridiculous to compare this group to the 2007 Giants and so does everyone outside of this fan base.
Psst, one more thing: NOBODY cares about what you think is ridiculous or not ridiculous, because you’re the same know-nothing clown who hyped Carson Wentz for ages while we had the superior QB. That’s the hill you’ll die on.

DeMarcus Lawrence has more career sacks/game than Justin Tuck and he’s not far behind Osi Umenyiora. Randy Gregory since 2018 is also right at Tuck’s sacks/game level.

Micah Parsons is a complete monster and is a better pass rusher than ANYONE the 2007 Giants had, including the old man version of Michael Strahan.

The 2007 Giants had 25 takeaways in 16 games, we have 33 takeaways (most in the NFL) in 15 games. Offenses turn the ball over more often when the QB is under duress.

Our pass rush and defense in general have been very good this season, and it’s certainly debatable whether they can be as good as the 2007 Giants when the games really count.

noletime95

Reaction score
So we are basically talking Parsons, Tank and Randy against Strahan, Osi and Tuck.

While I agree with Risen the 07 Giants have the edge, the Cowboy pass rush has the potential get hot at the right time. Strahan was in his final season, not his peak self, but dangerous. Osi was a stud, but I’d put Parsons up against any of them. Tank does have a track record and while he fell off in 19 and 20 I do believe Parsons presence is helping him. Pass rushers do feed off each other and DLAW has never really had that benefit. Tank can absolutely be a difference maker in the playoffs.

Tuck is better than Randy, no doubt. But Gregory has shown flashes this year before his injury. He was a difference maker for several games. Given his history not much of a track record but I do believe he’s got talent and also can benefit from 1 on 1 matchups in January.

blueblood70

Reaction score
MP is by far one of the best defensive prospects in the last decade. its not his stats alone,

its his game, how fluid, fast, strong, instinctual and the power he plays with.,its his passion, motivation and drive..the way he responds in interviews, i mean this kid is impressive as a player but also the way he approaches the situation on a whole.

Hes sean lees mind with Woodson's physical traits and wares instincts as a pass rusher.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
711 all day.

I just have to say it Kelvin Joseph looked like a Junior Varsity CB on that easy pick...dude couldn't figure out how to use his hands to catch the ball, so it just went past him...smh. Good game but he gotta get on the jug machine and catch some footballs.
Kelvin Joseph had as close to a perfect game as it gets.

He allowed -2 yards passing.

The only reception he 'allowed' was a swing pass in the backfield and that netted -2 yards.

He was strong in run defense also.

The ball was catchable but the deflection caused it to veer to the outside while he was expecting it to the inside. His hips are turned to the inside and the ball ends up on his outside shoulder. Yes, Diggs would have made the INT but most CBs probably wouldn't.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Kelvin Joseph had as close to a perfect game as it gets.

He allowed -2 yards passing.

The only reception he 'allowed' was a swing pass in the backfield and that netted -2 yards.

He was strong in run defense also.

The ball was catchable but the deflection caused it to veer to the outside while he was expecting it to the inside. His hips are turned to the inside and the ball ends up on his outside shoulder. Yes, Diggs would have made the INT but most CBs probably wouldn't.
It was his first game and life comes at you fast at CB. Still he needs to figure how to catch with his hand position...use the diamond.

Praxit

Reaction score
..remember this, Rodgers or Brady will be back to pass on Play of the game and Parsons will be the guy, they will come to hate.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Even discussing the non-INT is missing the point that a rookie in his 1st start had a near perfect game.
No. I stated the fact he had a good game, but I guess you couldn't take a critique that he needs to work on. But, I agree it's whatever.

dthahn

The Doctor Is IN!
Reaction score
I stated facts. When they produce like elite then I'll call them elite. When they are mediocre pass rushers, which is what Gregory has been his entire career and Lawrence has been for most of his I'll say so.

When you are 16th in the league in sacks, which is what they were at the time, you do not have a ferocious pass rush.

And guys like Osa, Hill and Gallimore have done nothing yet to be called quality pass rushers.

All facts.

Bathe in it.

I hear what you're saying. However, as Baldy pointed out. It is because of the pass rush that the defense has caused interceptions. The Cowboys are leading the league in interceptions. Sacks aren't the only indicator of a ferocious pass rush. I would take interceptions over sacks all day long, every day, and twice on Sundays!!