Twitter: Baldinger on Donovan Wilson

Irv88

Reaction score
We are stacked a safety. We have 3 guys who can start. So just play one at sub-lb and they all can be in the field as needed. It’s not like we are benching Ray Lewis to put an extra safety at sub-lb.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I think a lot of us liked him, but injuries were holding him back. If he stays healthy he will no longer be an unsung hero. The man has always had the skill, I'm happy for him that he's healthy enough to show it.

quickccc

Reaction score

it can be a 3 safety cross scheme, but that 3rd safety is gonna be sidelined in certain instances.
And neither Wilson nor Kearse are center fielders, so they won't threaten Malik Hooker. .

And as Wilson will be an UFA at season's end, the cowboys (Stephen) are not gonna likely tangled in negotiation webs with a guy in a 3rd safety role.
They may even think Izzy or Markus Bell could be an eventual replacement for Wilson .

GRCowboy

Reaction score
Contract year. Safety isn't a very high paid position so he's a prime candidate for the franchise tag.

GRCowboy

Reaction score
Or trade him for a 2nd right now.
Yep, but with Kearse not ready to come back, you're essentially asking Mukuamu to hold down that position by himself, and Mukuamu is talented but very young and raw. I wouldn't trade away the second best player in our secondary so easily. A 2nd next year could pull another Trevon Diggs, or it could pull another JAG like Trysten Hill or Gavin Escobar (RIP) or a bust like Jaylon Smith or Randy Gregory. We don't have a great track record in drafting in the second round.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Diggs, Wilson, Brown, Bland, Kearse, Hooker, Lewis, Izzy. Incredible what Quinn has done for this secondary in his short time here. The Jones boys need to give that man a blank check for the next decade.
Brown's the worst of the lot and he's still better than most teams' 2nd CB.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Dan Quinn might be good. We now have the most promising LB, CB and SS in the league.

Wilson has the right initials too.