Twitter: Baldinger: Stephen Gilmore: What an addition to a dominant defense

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
He was an incredible add, and he’s not just making that CB spot better either… he is teaching the entire secondary. Plus, that coverage is giving a ferocious pass rush time to get home.

Unbelievable. The league done messed up…

OGSixshooter

Reaction score

Larry Brown, Anthony Brown...BOTH gave me nightmares before games...though I would say ole "potato chip" on his shoulder Anthony Brown was much better than Larry.

This is exciting. And yet, it was Danny Dime-a-Dozen. He's not special and Dak is not scared of him.

Vader...Dak must confront Vader. So must our defense.

Vader = Aaron "Bleeping" Rodgers

Reaction score
A few years ago I heard about Bellicheck coveting defensive secondary players, a position group he was willing to pay a premium to maintain and I laughed because the cowboys consistently devalued that group, especially safeties. Thank God DQ arrived and quickly corrected that buffoonery.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Larry Brown, Anthony Brown...BOTH gave me nightmares before games...though I would say ole "potato chip" on his shoulder Anthony Brown was much better than Larry.

This is exciting. And yet, it was Danny Dime-a-Dozen. He's not special and Dak is not scared of him.

Danny is not known for his turnovers, hopefully we rattled him to the point where the floodgates have opened and they'll come in bunches.

CWR

Reaction score
He's an incredible addition to a loaded secondary with a ridiculous pass rush. In the modern NFL this defense is built to demolish the opposition.

We will absolutely have the best pass defense in the league.

Teams will do their best to gouge us in hopes of opening up the passing lanes. If Hankins and Mazi control the middle it's going to be difficult for anyone.

Next week will be a nice test. Rodgers and Wilson will be lethal this season. Cook and Breece are as nice a set of rbs as the league has, and the Jets defense will make it hard on our offense.

I love the new west coast style though. They took a tremendous amount of pressure off Dak and the pass blockers. Keep the ball coming out fast and good things will happen.

kevm3

Reaction score
This is not only a fundamentally sound defense, but they have the attitude to go along with it. They were really hitting out there

Gilmore brought a presence we really needed back there with Diggs. It's going to be much harder to throw on the Cowboys this year, especially with Mazi coming up the middle and Parsons coming off the edge. With Gilmore and Diggs back there, the sacks and interceptions are going to shoot up dramatically.

This is Our Year

Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike
Reaction score
He was an incredible add, and he’s not just making that CB spot better either… he is teaching the entire secondary. Plus, that coverage is giving a ferocious pass rush time to get home.

Exactly, he’s giving the CBs what Peters did last year for the young o lineman, difference is Gilmore can still play at a high level though.

bigE79

Reaction score

Darth is the chosen one... sorry I love Star wars..lol

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

100%

As good as the pass rush is, our secondary may be the best overall unit on the entire team.

When you consider the top 3 CBs and then the depth and versatility at safety?! Man, they are deep and talented back there.