Twitter: Baldinger: Stephen Gilmore: What an addition to a dominant defense

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
Gilmore was an absolute stud. Could end up being the best outside player addition of the past 10 years

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Health is the key in my opinion. This entire secondary is stacked. Young guys all over are making substantial plays. Gilmore was a huge addition. I mean, it's been a really long time as a defensive guy to NOT be concerned about Jones for a straight hour. It's going to be a new rule preventing what our defense did to that poor man.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Gillmore and cooks are moved a team like the pats would make during their run. Veteran players at key positions who can contribute…. Who still have a lot left.

Absolute great moves.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
He was an incredible add, and he’s not just making that CB spot better either… he is teaching the entire secondary. Plus, that coverage is giving a ferocious pass rush time to get home.

Unbelievable. The league done messed up…
Yeah, I caught that in the NBC interview with Diggs. You could tell that he is doing the same thing with the corners that Jason Peters did with the offensive line.

Hankins mentoring Mazi. Too bad we don’t have Witten (in an accepted backup role!) for the young TEs.

Carson

Reaction score
Yeah, I caught that in the NBC interview with Diggs. You could tell that he is doing the same thing with the corners that Jason Peters did with the offensive line.

Hankins mentoring Mazi. Too bad we don’t have Witten (in an accepted backup role!) for the young TEs.
100% guaranteed they will link us to Zach Ertz around trade time

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
I liked how a few times last night I saw him communicating back to the rest of the secondary where to be etc….was even a play where I think diggs thought a wr wasn’t covered but diggs was actually behind him telling him what was going to happen.

Nice to see small things like that from the secondary position

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

Gillmore was the final piece IMHO, he locked down the other side of Diggs which was an obvious need.
Now we have two bookend CBs on the edge, no longer can QBs use the right-side edge as a dump off with high efficiency metric.
I honestly can't tell you how to game plan vs this defense at this point.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Health is the key in my opinion. This entire secondary is stacked. Young guys all over are making substantial plays. Gilmore was a huge addition. I mean, it's been a really long time as a defensive guy to NOT be concerned about Jones for a straight hour. It's going to be a new rule preventing what our defense did to that poor man.
They're gonna make us count Mississippis!!!

CCBoy

Reaction score
It's fine...Dallas Cowboys are fully able to play good teams!

CCBoy

Reaction score
Gillmore was the final piece IMHO, he locked down the other side of Diggs which was an obvious need.
Now we have two bookend CBs on the edge, no longer can QBs use the right-side edge as a dump off with high efficiency metric.
I'm wanting three years myself...

CCBoy

Reaction score
100%

As good as the pass rush is, our secondary may be the best overall unit on the entire team.

When you consider the top 3 CBs and then the depth and versatility at safety?! Man, they are deep and talented back there.
The secondary and defensive line are the lifeblood of this team.

reddyuta

Reaction score
only way is to run the ball well and hope our Offense turns the ball over.