Balloon Fight

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Any idea what the heck is going on with all this balloon business in our airspace? I didn't go deep at all on the topic, I've distanced myself a touch from news due to some trust issues on my part. ;)
But seriously, I had been fairly confident in our defenses against wartime balloons back in WWII, what am I missing?

The tinfoil hat brain of mine can't help but ponder the idea of the many UFOs/UAPs videos in recent past that have been released, didn't take fire that I heard of. Why are balloons giving us such a challenging time?

What the....o_O

Sarek

Povar
Reaction score
We got bigger problems than just a few balloons. Fighting or preparing for fighting is underway pretty much everywhere. Nation’s military budgets are increasing in quite a few places. Getting turbulent out there.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Another object was shot down over Lake Huron today.

The balloon wars have begun.

triplets_93

Reaction score
Any idea what the heck is going on with all this balloon business in our airspace? I didn't go deep at all on the topic, I've distanced myself a touch from news due to some trust issues on my part. ;)
But seriously, I had been fairly confident in our defenses against wartime balloons back in WWII, what am I missing?

The tinfoil hat brain of mine can't help but ponder the idea of the many UFOs/UAPs videos in recent past that have been released, didn't take fire that I heard of. Why are balloons giving us such a challenging time?

What the....o_O
It's not much of a "fight"... We just shoot them down... They aren't shooting back.

triplets_93

Reaction score
One week from now, the alien mothership arrives and they come out saying “greetings humans, where’d that ambassador and language translator we sent go?”
Shoot down crash site...
51133835005_8989712667_o.jpg

Creeper

Reaction score
I think someone is up to something. They are testing for something. Perhaps they are trying to develop stealth balloons, or maybe they are looking for radar soft spots. It could also be a study of high altitude air currents. But I do not understand why we did not shoot down the first one that traversed the entire country until it reached the Atlantic ocean.

I am very curious about the one where the DoD is saying they are not sure what the propulsion system is. There are reports it was floating but without a balloon.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
They're calling all but the 1st balloon objects, lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I think someone is up to something. They are testing for something. Perhaps they are trying to develop stealth balloons, or maybe they are looking for radar soft spots. It could also be a study of high altitude air currents. But I do not understand why we did not shoot down the first one that traversed the entire country until it reached the Atlantic ocean.

I am very curious about the one where the DoD is saying they are not sure what the propulsion system is. There are reports it was floating but without a balloon.
Yeah, when they admit not knowing the technology, that's a little frightening.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Yeah, when they admit not knowing the technology, that's a little frightening.
The boys are not the only ones run by a clown show.

AND that is truly FRIGHTENING.

That first balloon was either allowed to do what the Chinese wanted to do or WORSE we did not spot it. THAT part really is terrifying.

There are now rumors this has been going on for several years; maybe even more. And we were apparently clueless. OR more likely no one thought a high altitude balloon was anything to worry about which is pretty bad as well.

Reactions: G2

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
China accuses the US government of doing the same thing. This increase in objects being spotted in the sky may be as simple as being noticed because we are looking. There is no doubt the balloon was China's because they claimed it. The other smaller objects flying at a lower altitude have not been identified or claimed by anyone. I don't necessarily automatically attribute these objects to belonging to China. They could be privately owned drones that are illegally flying above altitudes approved for such aircraft. The idea that these are alien objects from other worlds is absurd to me. The aliens are much better at observing us than being seen. I'm glad the military is being more observant.

Creeper

Reaction score
The boys are not the only ones run by a clown show.

AND that is truly FRIGHTENING.

That first balloon was either allowed to do what the Chinese wanted to do or WORSE we did not spot it. THAT part really is terrifying.

There are now rumors this has been going on for several years; maybe even more. And we were apparently clueless. OR more likely no one thought a high altitude balloon was anything to worry about which is pretty bad as well.
We spotted it. The only explanation is we were trying to hack the electronics and needed time to break the encryption. The military hinted they had basically jammed the communications but that I think is unlikely. The thing is China had to know it would be spotted. They had to know the US would attempt to jam its communications. They coul dhave had a backup communications path, like a laser bouncing off a satellite or something.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
China accuses the US government of doing the same thing. This increase in objects being spotted in the sky may be as simple as being noticed because we are looking. There is no doubt the balloon was China's because they claimed it. The other smaller objects flying at a lower altitude have not been identified or claimed by anyone. I don't necessarily automatically attribute these objects to belonging to China. They could be privately owned drones that are illegally flying above altitudes approved for such aircraft. The idea that these are alien objects from other worlds is absurd to me. The aliens are much better at observing us than being seen. I'm glad the military is being more observant.
I find it a little hard to believe that after years of these ufos being sighted by pilots and the technology we've had to detail a coin from space, that balloons are all of a sudden giving our military the business.
The FCC regulates right down to tiny hobby toy drones, but they can't identify them as drones now? Which by the way limits their range to 400 feet. Not 20,000 - 40,000 feet. Seems to me we have a pretty solid grasp on what drones are and look like.
And I'm not ready to say it's aliens or China or whatever, but the thing that should concern people WAY more is that expert military pilots were able to confirm they weren't manned craft and they aren't sure of its propulsion system.
No one knows what aliens are capable of or not capable of, so I wouldn't be so sure I knew. I also have zero faith in what China claims or denies. That goes for our own leadership. There is no shortage of BS.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
We spotted it. The only explanation is we were trying to hack the electronics and needed time to break the encryption. The military hinted they had basically jammed the communications but that I think is unlikely. The thing is China had to know it would be spotted. They had to know the US would attempt to jam its communications. They coul dhave had a backup communications path, like a laser bouncing off a satellite or something.
It's worth noting that it's a balloon. And, it took a week to cross the entire country before they took action. A balloon. And this after who knows how long it was floating around above nukes etc. undetected.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I find it a little hard to believe that after years of these ufos being sighted by pilots and the technology we've had to detail a coin from space, that balloons are all of a sudden giving our military the business.
The FCC regulates right down to tiny hobby toy drones, but they can't identify them as drones now? Which by the way limits their range to 400 feet. Not 20,000 - 40,000 feet. Seems to me we have a pretty solid grasp on what drones are and look like.
And I'm not ready to say it's aliens or China or whatever, but the thing that should concern people WAY more is that expert military pilots were able to confirm they weren't manned craft and they aren't sure of its propulsion system.
No one knows what aliens are capable of or not capable of, so I wouldn't be so sure I knew. I also have zero faith in what China claims or denies. That goes for our own leadership. There is no shortage of BS.
First of all, when I hear you talking about "drones", I get the impression you are only talking about the commercial drones that anyone can buy if they have the money. That's not what I'm talking about. There are those of us in the private sector that possess the intelligence and resources to build our own drones that are not limited to the size or range that the government has regulated them. Illegal but they do exist and are operated in our skies. Applying Occums Razor Theory, it's far more likely it's these that are being shot down rather than aliens.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
First of all, when I hear you talking about "drones", I get the impression you are only talking about the commercial drones that anyone can buy if they have the money. That's not what I'm talking about. There are those of us in the private sector that possess the intelligence and resources to build our own drones that are not limited to the size or range that the government has regulated them. Illegal but they do exist and are operated in our skies. Applying Occums Razor Theory, it's far more likely it's these that are being shot down rather than aliens.
That's not what I disputed. Show me what one of your drones looks like.