Balloon Fight

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
So it's a moot point if you don't know.
I didn't say I don't know. If that's what you heard then you need to clean out your ears. I'm not revealing any sensitive data in regard to these illegal private drones other than they do exist. If you don't like that then that's too damn bad.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I didn't say I don't know. If that's what you heard then you need to clean out your ears. I'm not revealing any sensitive data in regard to these illegal private drones other than they do exist. If you don't like that then that's too damn bad.
Lol, steady.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
@JoeKing - I'm only having fun discussing the topic, so we're clear I have no desire to argue about your classified status.
That being said are you allowed to describe the propulsion system?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
@JoeKing - I'm only having fun discussing the topic, so we're clear I have no desire to argue about your classified status.
That being said are you allowed to describe the propulsion system?
As I have already stated, I'm only stating that privately made and illegally operated drones exist. I'm not disclosing the technology that allows them to fly.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
As I have already stated, I'm only stating that privately made and illegally operated drones exist. I'm not disclosing the technology that allows them to fly.
You're not disclosing anything people don't already know. That's the point. Do you honestly believe that military pilots couldn't ID a drone?
That's a stretch.

Creeper

Reaction score
It's worth noting that it's a balloon. And, it took a week to cross the entire country before they took action. A balloon. And this after who knows how long it was floating around above nukes etc. undetected.
Even the balloon concept is a mystery because Satellites can pick up license plate numbers and whether a guy has a mustache or not. So what more can a balloon do? Plus, balloons can be shot down. So can satellites but it would be a much bigger deal, and there are treaties against space armaments.

The only thing I can think of is that the balloon equipment is taking samples from the atmosphere or they are simulating a high altitude EMP or something like that. By now we have the payload on the first balloon and it will be easily determined what it was for.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Even the balloon concept is a mystery because Satellites can pick up license plate numbers and whether a guy has a mustache or not. So what more can a balloon do? Plus, balloons can be shot down. So can satellites but it would be a much bigger deal, and there are treaties against space armaments.

The only thing I can think of is that the balloon equipment is taking samples from the atmosphere or they are simulating a high altitude EMP or something like that. By now we have the payload on the first balloon and it will be easily determined what it was for.
I'm really curious about the other objects. The descriptions are interesting. One mentioned an octagon shape. Hmmm

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Weird timeline for sure. I can't imagine what they are getting from images (if they even are), as there are already hundreds of satellites that have been orbiting for years on end.

I say they should just keep popping them, if only for fun.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
One of the pilots stated their censors (radar etc.) wasn't working right when around it.

ET! :laugh:

AmericasTeam81

Reaction score
It’s rogue AI that has gained access to the internet. Governments are unsure if it’s sentient or just feigning consciousness. Either way, it wants us dead.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Lets see…….

1. Alien probes
2. Actual loons from China up to no good
3. They are ours just to cause a ‘distraction’ from something else
Could be, and trains are blowing up?
Lot's of things at once.

nobody

Reaction score
Let me go on record that I don't believe what I am about to suggest as a joke:

I don't remember what it was, but I remember reading in a Sci Fi book or watching a show or something that Foo Fighters in WW2 were actually alien observation tech that recorded our war for their entertainment.

Maybe we just discovered their new observation gear they sent because everyone is ramping up their military spending all of a sudden.

lol

OR

Maybe Jaime Hyneman from mythbusters has gone full supervillain and is unleashing lead balloons all over.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Let me go on record that I don't believe what I am about to suggest as a joke:

I don't remember what it was, but I remember reading in a Sci Fi book or watching a show or something that Foo Fighters in WW2 were actually alien observation tech that recorded our war for their entertainment.

Maybe we just discovered their new observation gear they sent because everyone is ramping up their military spending all of a sudden.

lol

OR

Maybe Jaime Hyneman from mythbusters has gone full supervillain and is unleashing lead balloons all over.
I can easily believe an advanced alien race considers humanity as circus side show entertainment.