Game Day Baltimore Ravens at Dallas Cowboys | Postgame Thread

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It should disgust me that there are people still defending this nonsense ........ but it has been happening so much the last 29 years I have grown accustom to it.

And they will have the nerve to preach some more after this season turns out like they all eventually do.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
It should disgust me that there are people still defending this nonsense ........ but it has been happening so much the last 29 years I have grown accustom to it.

And they will have the nerve to preach some more after this season turns out like they all eventually do.
It is astonishing that anyone could watch that festering vat of sewage yesterday and think that "we were just thiiissss close to winning." Or brag about our garbage time production in the Green Bay game.
Jerry keeps raking in the billions by tapping into that vein of delusion.

shabazz

Reaction score

There's a certain percentage of folks that will not change their minds regardless of overwhelming evidence that's contrary to their long held beliefs.....some are merely unwilling to admit they were wrong and the others just too ignorant to grasp it

Praxit

Reaction score
....I'll probably be considered the Contrarian. But I was impressed, they pulled within 3.

Down 28-6. Hopefully, its lights their ***** up, going forward.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Ignoring 50 minutes to concentrate on 10 is the ultimate delusion
Lucky we have a professional to point the facts out to us.
On the other hand, I don’t run the team or have a say in the price of a coke, much less the football team.
If you choose to hate everything about the team, why not pick another team and hope you outlive Jerry? Nothing you say has any more impact on the team or Jerry than any of the rest of us, so what point are you actually making? The team is hopeless and will never change while Jerry owns the team, but you love misery so much that you’ll continue to argue with other fans?

I enjoyed the game yesterday. The Dallas Cowboys have been my adopted team since 1966. I wish they were better, but they aren’t. I wish Jerry understood the value of stopping the run and running the ball and the type players that takes, but he doesn’t. So I just watch my team, enjoy every win, whether pretty or ugly, and I enjoy most losses despite poor coaching or play. Any fan who lives only for his NFL team to win the SB every year is just stupid. He should go with the hot team every few years. Maybe KC?

Stoneman

Reaction score
I have been a fan of the 'Boys since the time of Staubach and Landry. Loved the way they played and competed. And then the next great era of Aikman, Jones and Smith. But since then? Mostly been a good to very good team, but never enough to take some meaningful steps in the playoffs. They kind of remind me of my favourite baseball team in that regard - the Yankees. Loads of money, all the advantages a team could want, and a wonderful history of icons and teams. But this owner, as well as the Yankees owner cannot seem to figure out the magic formulas for winning when it counts. When they deserve to be criticized, I have no problem doing that, or others that do. And when they're good, I'm a happy guy. I will continue to love them and support them, but amongst my friends and fellow NFL lovers, they have become a running joke, which I tend to go along with. Keeps me sane and even keeled.

Stoneman

Reaction score
As I see it, this team is very similar to last years.

The biggest difference so far is THE SCHEDULE. If you took last years team and played these games I suspect they go just about the same. We are used to having those game towards the end of the year and sprinkled in. We just got an early start. At least this helps fans to see exactly who we are. It's less painful imo.

They will still beat the lesser teams. The Saints game was about that motion offense more than anything, which is also very similar to the last 3 years.

The fact remains we didn't do enough in FA to get over the hump. We are capped out at round 1 or 2 of the playoffs IF everything goes fairly well.
I'm not sure I agree about them being the same as last years. Looks like a fair number of changes in the defence (including the DC) and on the O-line. And that group of running backs is arguably collectively, the worst group in the league. A career backup, a washed up former starter, and a midget. Wonderful. The defensive front 7 is built to put pressure on the QB. But they can't stop the run. And because of that, they become one dimensional as the game progresses and the other teams run it down their throats. I expect the Giants and anyone after that to be looking closely at film and designing a run heavy game plan to start out. It's up to Zimmer and the Cowboys to figure out how to stop it. And the scary part, is maybe they simply can't.

CWR

Reaction score
I'm not sure I agree about them being the same as last years. Looks like a fair number of changes in the defence (including the DC) and on the O-line. And that group of running backs is arguably collectively, the worst group in the league. A career backup, a washed up former starter, and a midget. Wonderful. The defensive front 7 is built to put pressure on the QB. But they can't stop the run. And because of that, they become one dimensional as the game progresses and the other teams run it down their throats. I expect the Giants and anyone after that to be looking closely at film and designing a run heavy game plan to start out. It's up to Zimmer and the Cowboys to figure out how to stop it. And the scary part, is maybe they simply can't.
I'm basing my judgment a lot on the competition. This is the same way they played similar competition last year. I think it looks worse now because we started the year vs the Ravens and a Saints motion offense. Let's see what happens against Daniel Jones and the Giants. I know if and when we pummel them it's the same script.

I also think the oline will get better and our run blocking has sucked for awhile. It looks worse against those 3 defenses. No one has ran on any of the 3 this season. The defense is a concern and might actually be worse without the turnovers. I had hoped actually trying to stop the run would help, but personnel seems like a much bigger issue.