BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1 1/16/14 Mock Draft

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am just giving picks they have for the Cowboys. They only list the first four rounds.
If you want to see the whole list.... http://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/draft2014.php

Round 1

Dallas Cowboys: Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame
The Cowboys would love it if someone like Louis Nix fell to them because they have major problems at defensive tackle. Jason Hatcher happens to be a free agent, while the other starter, Nick Hayden, was an abomination this past season. Nix can fit in either defense, so he would make lots of sense just in case Jerry Jones wants to eventually move back to the 3-4.

Round 2

Dallas Cowboys: David Yankey, G/OT, Stanford
The Cowboys are so desperate at guard that they lured Brian Waters out of semi-retirement. Waters was then knocked out for the year. So much for that.

Round 3

Dallas Cowboys: Telvin Smith, OLB, Florida State
When defenders like Ernie Sims and DeVonte Holloman are playing major snaps for the defense, something absolutely needs to be done.

Round 4

Dallas Cowboys: Jordan Richards, S, Stanford
Dallas had horrible safety play all year. An upgrade in this area would have allowed it to beat Philadelphia in Week 17.

tm1119

Reaction score
Would love the rounds 1-3. Don't think Richards is going to solve any problems at S though. Change him out for his teammate Ben Gardner and it would be a great draft.

The writer was pretty darn negative though. Some of those shots at players were unnecessary. Hayden is a decent player who did his best when asked to start and Holloman looked ok when healthy.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They have the names of the players right, and more or less the positions of need down, but some of these assessments are a tad harsh. Abomination?

Dwight

Reaction score
I love the first pick. I want Nix as a Cowboy badly.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I can't get behind any draft that doesn't have us selecting an edge rusher. This would leave us with Ware and Selvie as the starters again, more than likely.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't get behind any draft that doesn't have us selecting an edge rusher. This would leave us with Ware and Selvie as the starters again, more than likely.

Unless we bring Spencer back on a one year deal. Still a risk, but he's a possible affordable stop-gap.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would love the rounds 1-3. Don't think Richards is going to solve any problems at S though. Change him out for his teammate Ben Gardner and it would be a great draft.

The writer was pretty darn negative though. Some of those shots at players were unnecessary. Hayden is a decent player who did his best when asked to start and Holloman looked ok when healthy.
They hate the Cowboys. He usually mocks picks that he does not like to the Cowboys.

For years he had a section dedicated to stupid stuff that Emmitt said while trying to be a media guy.

ologan

Reaction score
They have the names of the players right, and more or less the positions of need down, but some of these assessments are a tad harsh. Abomination?

And you expected something different from these posters?:)

marchetta

Reaction score
Round 1

Dallas Cowboys: Louis Nix, NT, Notre Dame
The Cowboys would love it if someone like Louis Nix fell to them because they have major problems at defensive tackle. Jason Hatcher happens to be a free agent, while the other starter, Nick Hayden, was an abomination this past season. Nix can fit in either defense, so he would make lots of sense just in case Jerry Jones wants to eventually move back to the 3-4.

FWIW, Broadus (sp?) already stated that Dallas doesn't want the big 300+ defensive linemen. They want the smaller types that can get upfield and pressure the qb.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
FWIW, Broadus (sp?) already stated that Dallas doesn't want the big 300+ defensive linemen. They want the smaller types that can get upfield and pressure the qb.

Just so you understand...It's not my draft I just posted it from the site.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Marinelli likes DLinemen that can win with quickness. It just happens that most of the really quick guys are around 300 lbs or less. If a bigger player has the required quickness, I don't think he would have any problem getting him. Nix probably does not have the level of quickness that Marinelli is looking to get; however, he is quick considering his really large size.

I think if he had the opportunity to get a guy like Linval Joseph who is over 320, that he would jump at the opportunity because he is really quick for a 1-tech type DT.

Broaddus likes to talk in generalities. It's 50-50 that he has even reviewed film of Nix.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Isn't hatcher 300+?
He's listed at like 302 I think

The idea of not wanting 300+ players is more of a philosophy. Marinelli wants quick guys, and they tend to be under 300 (i.e. Ratliff.) That doesn't mean that they will refuse to draft a guy because he weighs 308 I don't think.

visionary

Reaction score
Marinelli likes DLinemen that can win with quickness. It just happens that most of the really quick guys are around 300 lbs or less. If a bigger player has the required quickness, I don't think he would have any problem getting him. Nix probably does not have the level of quickness that Marinelli is looking to get; however, he is quick considering his really large size.

I think if he had the opportunity to get a guy like Linval Joseph who is over 320, that he would jump at the opportunity because he is really quick for a 1-tech type DT.

Broaddus likes to talk in generalities. It's 50-50 that he has even reviewed film of Nix.

been saying that joseph and byrd would be my top 2 targets in FA

Zordon

Reaction score

2nd half of last year, Hayden might have been one of the worst players on the team (behind Heath of course). abomination is tough though..

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I love the first pick. I want Nix as a Cowboy badly.

Nix is a run stuffing NT. His pass rush skills are limited. He's had some motivational issues and a recent (relatively minor) knee surgery.

We are looking for high motor guys who can get after the QB.

We passed on a highly rated DT last year because he didn't fit our defense system. Why on earth would we go after a player who is the exact opposite of what we want?