Bands that got better with line up changes

RS12

Reaction score
Deep Purple one of the more under rated bands got better when Ian Gillan took over for Rod Evans.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I don't know if it's really because of the lineup change, but when Uli Jon Roth left and Matthias Jabs joined, The Scorpions really seemed to find their sound. I liked Uli too, but it seemed like they zeroed in after that.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
I don't know if it's really because of the lineup change, but when Uli Jon Roth left and Matthias Jabs joined, The Scorpions really seemed to find their sound. I liked Uli too, but it seemed like they zeroed in after that.

You forgot about Michael Schenker who was in for a little in between the two, i prefer the sound with Uli and he was a much better player than Jabs although the material with Jabs sold tons more.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
You forgot about Michael Schenker who was in for a little in between the two, i prefer the sound with Uli and he was a much better player than Jabs although the material with Jabs sold tons more.
I didn't forget, but he was always kinda in and out of the lineup. Uli was definitely the better player over Jabs, I get a kick on watching "Sails of Charon" and Uli so cool and calmly just shredding away.....lol

That's why I kinda don't know how much it was about the lineup change and the band just kinda found their sound. Would they have gotten as big as they did if Uli had stayed? Possibly, probably?