Barber's X-ray was negative...

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2447710 said:
If Barber goes into rehab and the trainers aggravate his injury further, as we saw with Felix, I'm going to freak out.

It's not the trainer's fault if the team doctors clear the player for activity. The team doctors are the ones that need to get their heads out of their ***** IMO. They're letting players come back when they shouldn't.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
I could do an extended lowlight video of injuries for the 2008 season. The thought has crossed my mind more than once.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
how important is the pinkie two? Break out the garden shears.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2447726 said:
I could do an extended lowlight video of injuries for the 2008 season. The thought has crossed my mind more than once.

what would the soundtrack be?

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2447726 said:

Bad karma, thanks but no thanks :D :cool:

links18

Reaction score
With the way this training/medical staff have been misdiagnosing things all year, negative X-rays at this stage probably means done for the year. :rolleyes:

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
links18;2447745 said:
With the way this training/medical staff have been misdiagnosing things all year, negative X-rays at this stage probably means done for the year. :rolleyes:
hahaha. Its sad, yet true. Maybe were still using the first ever Xray machine ever built

The Panch

Reaction score
Rack;2447692 said:
They said he sprained it, but it looked like he hyper-extended it to me.
Im not an expert on how a high extension affects your ability to walk say half an hour after the event, but he was walking around just fine with no limp and smiling.

ajk23az

Through Pain Comes Clarity
Reaction score
STAR GAZER;2447759 said:
I should have put "sarcasm" in that post.

Probably :laugh2:

As you know it is hard to catch sarcasm over the internet :p:

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Mesa State lineman has finger amputated so he can play

GRAND JUNCTION — Hours into another day of practice, Mesa State College senior offensive lineman Trevor Wikre faced a life-changing decision.
For some, it would've been difficult.

For Wikre, the decision to amputate his severely dislocated finger Tuesday was easy.

It was easy because it gives him an opportunity to continue playing. Surgery to repair the finger meant he would likely never play another football game.
Wikre told the doctor, "'This is my senior year. If I want to go on, I've got to play great the rest of the way. These are my last few games, we've got to make this work.'

"He's like, 'We can't.' I said, 'We can. Cut it off.' I love football. When you face the fact you've played your last game, it hurts. If you love the game and you're told that, you do whatever you have to do to play again.

"This team means the world to me. ... I would have no problem taking a bullet for any of these guys. I love 'em that much. This is my bullet."

Wikre, a preseason All-RMAC selection, will miss one game before the hand is fitted for a cast. Once he has a cast on it, he will likely be cleared to play.

"He's an old-school player," Mesa State coach Joe Ramunno said. "This shows how much (football) means to him. It's a pretty important thing to Trev and the whole team."

Wikre dislocated his right pinkie finger during a typical drill in Tuesday's practice and had it amputated that night.

LINK

wikre_t220.jpg

Mr.davon24

PGH Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I say go after coleman and bump choice up to 2nd string. Today I've noticed his vision. He might be slow but damn he has field vision.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
jackrussell;2447791 said:
Mesa State lineman has finger amputated so he can play

GRAND JUNCTION — Hours into another day of practice, Mesa State College senior offensive lineman Trevor Wikre faced a life-changing decision.
For some, it would've been difficult.

For Wikre, the decision to amputate his severely dislocated finger Tuesday was easy.

It was easy because it gives him an opportunity to continue playing. Surgery to repair the finger meant he would likely never play another football game.
Wikre told the doctor, "'This is my senior year. If I want to go on, I've got to play great the rest of the way. These are my last few games, we've got to make this work.'

"He's like, 'We can't.' I said, 'We can. Cut it off.' I love football. When you face the fact you've played your last game, it hurts. If you love the game and you're told that, you do whatever you have to do to play again.

"This team means the world to me. ... I would have no problem taking a bullet for any of these guys. I love 'em that much. This is my bullet."

Wikre, a preseason All-RMAC selection, will miss one game before the hand is fitted for a cast. Once he has a cast on it, he will likely be cleared to play.

"He's an old-school player," Mesa State coach Joe Ramunno said. "This shows how much (football) means to him. It's a pretty important thing to Trev and the whole team."

Wikre dislocated his right pinkie finger during a typical drill in Tuesday's practice and had it amputated that night.

LINK

wikre_t220.jpg

Now that is what I call sacrafice. Has anyone signed this guy to the NFL yet? If not, I say we give his a look. :D

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Hopefully the X-Ray is correct, but I'm skeptical. This past July a lady pulled out in her car and slammed into me while I was on my motorcycle. I went to the emergency room with a considerable amount of discomfort in my chest and collar bone. They actually did an MRI of my whole upper body and head and everything came back negative. My chest continued to bother me A LOT so I went to my regular doctor about 4 days later and he took some X-Rays. I had 3 complete rib fractures in my chest. Now how in the hell did they miss that on a freaking MRI?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'll believe MBIII is ok when I see him run in Putzburgh.

The spin at Valley Ranch about the injury situation is unbelievable any more.

links18

Reaction score
Star4Ever;2447869 said:
Hopefully the X-Ray is correct, but I'm skeptical. This past July a lady pulled out in her car and slammed into me while I was on my motorcycle. I went to the emergency room with a considerable amount of discomfort in my chest and collar bone. They actually did an MRI of my whole upper body and head and everything came back negative. My chest continued to bother me A LOT so I went to my regular doctor about 4 days later and he took some X-Rays. I had 3 complete rib fractures in my chest. Now how in the hell did they miss that on a freaking MRI?

I hope you have a good lawyer......

clayman

Reaction score
I trust Wade's analysis as far as I can throw him...which ain't pretty far. :lmao2:

reddyuta

Reaction score
barber has a dislocted pinkie toe on his foot.i think he can play with that right?