Barkley at #18?

TheFinisher

Reaction score
joseephuss;5016097 said:
So, no you don't have any facts to make that conclusion.

My problem is not with Barkley's arm strength. If a QB is smart, can read defenses well, make quick decisions and has good anticipation then they can make up for a less than stellar arm. I don't think Barkley has those attributes.

It's called watching the game, I take it you missed that matchup last year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheFinisher;5016119 said:

QB do not face each other they face opposing defense. Barkley is a good college QB he may develop into a good Pro QB but he is not a sure fire prospect like Luck or RGIII who people had no doubts about their ability. There are a lot more question marks with Barkley

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Doomsday101;5016122 said:
Told afterward of his comments, Barkley laughed and said Sarkisian was "just pouring on the sugar."

He made the comment before the 2 teams faced off. No one in their right mind would take Barkley over Luck. Come on. :laugh2:

They were viewed as neck and neck for the first and second pick at that time.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Doomsday101;5016129 said:
QB do not face each other they face opposing defense. Barkley is a good college QB he may develop into a good Pro QB but he is not a sure fire prospect like Luck or RGIII who people had no doubts about their ability. There are a lot more question marks with Barkley

That's not the point. We got to see them side by side and it was a great opportunity to compare their strengths and weaknesses.

joseephuss

Reaction score
TheFinisher;5016119 said:

I watched that game and many other games that both Barkley and Luck played in during their college careers. Barkley does not have a stronger arm than Luck. And like I said, my problem with Barkley isn't his arm strength. It is other things. Things that make Luck a much better QB.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheFinisher;5016134 said:
They were viewed as neck and neck for the first and second pick at that time.

No they were not scouts did not think Barkley was an elite QB and had him ranked behind other QB which is why he went back to USC instead of entering the draft last season.

This is a weak class and while Barkley will likely go in rd 1 it is because there is not much to choose from. He has major question marks with arm strength athletic ability, height and while he has good zip on short passes that does not mean a damn thing. He often under throws his passes. He is not looked at as some elite QB he is just being seen as one of the better prospect in this draft.

I don't hate the guy but you pumping him up into something he is not is too funny. He ranked behind Tannehill and Weedon. He was not being placed with Luck or RGIII. I give the kid credit he went back to school

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheFinisher;5016135 said:
That's not the point. We got to see them side by side and it was a great opportunity to compare their strengths and weaknesses.

It is the point, facing USC defense as opposed to Stanford it not the same.

No one claimed that Brakley was anything like Luck and the quote you gave came from a coach who was about to play USC, hell even Brakley was smart enough to know he was being sugar coated. :laugh2:

RS12

Reaction score
NFL Films' Greg Cosell believes USC QB Matt Barkley is a fourth-round talent.
"Number one, he has average arm strength by NFL standards. Number two, his feet are not particularly quick, he has slower feet. And three, he's a little shorter," Cosell said. "So then I go beyond that and think, 'OK, how can he be successful in the NFL when you got certain limitations?' And I think those limitations are the things I notice immediately and it's very difficult for me to look at him as a first- or second-round pick given those limitations and given what I know works effectively in the NFL."
Source: NFL.com Mar 6 - 4:21 PM

DFWJC

Reaction score
Just heard 4 different analysts discuss Barkley on NFLNW.

All 4 said he's 2nd round talent, but 3said he could go in the 1st anyway because the number of teams needing QB help and how Eakins the top of this class is.
Charley Casserly even said if all went perfectly, he could even be Matt Schaub-like ad his ceiling. That the highest ceiling I've ever heard for him on tv.
Not bad