Barkley's 40-yd dash superimposed over Ezekiel Elliott's

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
What I saw watching some of his games (not all) was great speed, but when there wasn't a gaping hole he wouldn't chip away for a couple yards, he would bounce outside and try to use his speed around the edge. And defenses caught on.
I'm not saying he's going to be a bust, but as far as complete RBs I don't consider him one. IMO. I'd take Elliott all day long.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Kid is gonna be the next Barry Sanders to Zeke's Emmitt Smith.

kento40

Reaction score
I care more about being able to pick up the free rusher than 40 time. All NFL backs are pretty fast, straight line. The ones who are great blockers as well, are the cream of the crop.

condoin125

Reaction score
Really hope the Giants take this kid at #2. He's definitely a great athlete but I'm not a believer in him being in the same class as Zeke as a RB, and I consider myself one of the more realistic people on here when it comes to Zeke (he's definitely not the best RB in the league). I watched a good portion of Barkley's play this past season and I just don't see the the great runs up the middle, the patience to follow blocks or great vision. I saw a great athlete, playing against not very good athletes, repeatedly bounce the ball outside for big plays. Sure he could improve the Giants run game (who couldn't compared to what they have?) but no where near as well as Zeke improved ours.

So, I hope they take him that high and waste their opportunity to take one of the top QBs. Let's see Barkley run behind their awful line.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I care more about being able to pick up the free rusher than 40 time. All NFL backs are pretty fast, straight line. The ones who are great blockers as well, are the cream of the crop.
ok now lets not get crazy here, putting that on this kid is not fair bro..Barry Sanders is atop 5 best of all time..he may remind you of him as does Zeke smith comparison but times has to go by before we can make those comparisons..

IMO right now he looks more like a Curtis Martin type, better to put that on him and its not a knock..same with Zeke not sure hes an Emmitt yet maybe a Demarco Murray for recent history comparisons and that's not a knock yet either..those are good players..

natedoug

Reaction score
Giants still need to get their OLINE issues fixed. I'm more worried about them taking Quenton Nelson ( Guard - Notre Dame ) at #2

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

At 11 pounds heavier than Elliot, he's near full back size. If he wants to block, he'll be able to ...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
There have been so many busts that had great combine tests that while it helps, since it's a team sport you never know how they will turn out.

Happens to the best of them, Dallas drafted a running back named (if memory serves) Bill Thomas in the 60's, physically he was a near clone of Jim Brown, but he didn't even make it to the team the year he was drafted (if memory serves).

Compare Emmitt's combine to this guy, and you would think if you didn't know better Emmitt would have been lucky to play two years and amass 500 yards rushing, lol....

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And Kijana Carter. Great college RB but never bounced back from a knee injury while in Cincy.
Ki Jana was the chosen one.

Better prospect than Hearst, Faulk, Phillips, Williams or anyone Im forgetting in the 90's

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Ki Jana was the chosen one.

Better prospect than Hearst, Faulk, Phillips, Williams or anyone Im forgetting in the 90's

Eddie George, Warrick Dunn...

All studs, but Faulk was the best college RB in that decade.

CowboyinMD

Reaction score
Really hope the Giants take this kid at #2. He's definitely a great athlete but I'm not a believer in him being in the same class as Zeke as a RB, and I consider myself one of the more realistic people on here when it comes to Zeke (he's definitely not the best RB in the league). I watched a good portion of Barkley's play this past season and I just don't see the the great runs up the middle, the patience to follow blocks or great vision. I saw a great athlete, playing against not very good athletes, repeatedly bounce the ball outside for big plays. Sure he could improve the Giants run game (who couldn't compared to what they have?) but no where near as well as Zeke improved ours.

So, I hope they take him that high and waste their opportunity to take one of the top QBs. Let's see Barkley run behind their awful line.

Again, being a Penn State alumnus and having watched ALL of Saquan's games, allow me to chime in here..

Saquan can bench and squat more than many lineman. That's been known (advertised) for some time now. So no need to worry about power or blocking ability.

He didn't have the best OL to work with at Penn State due to the scholarship sanctions (lest we forget), and the RPO offense Joe Moorhead ran at Penn State wasn't exactly RB friendly at times (thus the 'only' 5.5 ypc).

Now having said all of this, I still come away feeling Zeke is the more complete back, the one I would rely more heavily on for 10-15 carries in the 4th quarter. In terms on personality, Saquan is a stand up guy and terrific teammate.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Zeke is a way better runner than Barkley,i would trust Zeke on a loaded box and i cant say the same for Barkley.

condoin125

Reaction score
Again, being a Penn State alumnus and having watched ALL of Saquan's games, allow me to chime in here..

Saquan can bench and squat more than many lineman. That's been known (advertised) for some time now. So no need to worry about power or blocking ability.

He didn't have the best OL to work with at Penn State due to the scholarship sanctions (lest we forget), and the RPO offense Joe Moorhead ran at Penn State wasn't exactly RB friendly at times (thus the 'only' 5.5 ypc).

Now having said all of this, I still come away feeling Zeke is the more complete back, the one I would rely more heavily on for 10-15 carries in the 4th quarter. In terms on personality, Saquan is a stand up guy and terrific teammate.
Yeah, I know little to nothing of Penn St...the playing time I viewed of Barkley this year was mostly due to me being intrigued by the hype surrounding him. I have no understanding of the scheme they run or the personnel around him so, for all I know you're making some good points in defense of Barkley.